It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of Afghans Gone AWOL in U.S. Reaches 46

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Number of Afghans Gone AWOL in U.S. Reaches 46

www.foxnews.com

LACKLAND AIR FORCE BASE, Texas -- A be-on-the-lookout alert issued last month for 17 Afghan military men who walked away from an Air Force base in Texas has turned out to be just the tip of the iceberg. No fewer than 46 members of the Afghan military have gone absent without leave from the Defense Language Institute’s English Language Center at Lackland Air Force Base in recent years, FoxNews.com has learned.

From a series of interviews with civilians and military personnel conducted over the course of a week, and according to documents obtained from a variety of sources, FoxNews.com has
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is a Fox News exclusive, under the category "Terror." Be afraid. Be very afraid.

And then it all boils down to, "FoxNews.com has learned that five of these Afghan deserters remain at large; eight are in custody; at least 18 are in Canada and one has been granted conditional U.S. residency." Five.

I really don't know what to say here. Why can't they keep track of these guys? All from one AFB? What's up with that?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'd say the problem is at the other end, in Afghanistan where the decision who to send here is made.

Not knowing what their intentions are, it would stand to reason some of them simply don't want to go back to that hell hole. Others though could be dangerous to us and be up to no good.

I'd imagine it is no easy chore to pick who to trust to send here for training.

Imagine what it must be like to be from Afghanistan. Not knowing what the future will be and having seen everything from an invasion by the Soviet's to being taken over by a religious fanatics and Terrorists.

Some may even have ties here through the drug trade.

I'm not sure how they could treat them like the friendlies they are supposed to be and at the same time monitor them 24/7. Impossible to do it seems to me.

I'd imagine part of the plan is for them to experience our life here to see who we really are, but at the same time that would be irresistible temptation to run and try and stay here. A life hiding from authorities here is probably like heaven compared to what they have lived through in Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Think I saw a post the other day about afghan military badges found at the border. Maybe they went to Mexico.

new topics

top topics

join