It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spotting Of 28 Blue Whales 'Once In Decade Event'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

MONTEREY, Calif. -- Two dozen tourists on a whale-watching trip in Monterey Bay were treated to what one expert called a once-in-a-decade event after spotting 28 blue whales. Nancy Black, of Monterey Bay Whale Watch, said that the blue whale discoverey was a "once-in-a-decade" event that was brought on by a sudden influx in krill, the main food source for blue whales.

Link has a video
www.ksbw.com...

I wish I had a car, I would drive right down to Monterey and look for those beauties!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
I wish I had a car, I would drive right down to Monterey and look for those beauties!

A blonde was planning a trip to Hawaii. After getting the details about a package deal, she asked, "Would it be cheaper to fly to California, and then take the train to Hawaii?"

just poking fun

[edit on 7-7-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If they tend to stay in the pacific for food coz the Atlantic is polluted,the chinese will chase them even more dont you think ?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

The reason they are in Monterey Bay is there is a HUGE gathering of krill there, they will stay until it is gone, and usually the whales stay in the Bay til wintertime.

Eat other fish! Save the whales (damn chinese)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Thanks for the giggles! I am glad I am not a blonde

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Great story. I am going whale seeking/watching in Aug off Campobello Island, New Brunswick Canada (off the coast of Maine).

I have NEVER seen one. I can't wait. This story got me going !!! only 5 more weeks!

S&F

[edit on 7/7/2010 by anon72]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Great story. I am going whale seeking/watching in Aug off Campobello Island, New Brunswick Canada (off the coast of Maine).

I have NEVER seen one. I can't wait. This story got me going !!! only 5 more weeks!

S&F

[edit on 7/7/2010 by anon72]

I saw a pair of Humpbacks breaching in the eastern Penobscot out near Mt Desert Rock a few years back. It was an absolutely unforgettable experience. I hope your experience is similar.

new topics

top topics

join