It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman: US Prepared to Strike Iran to Stop Nuclear Weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Lieberman: US Prepared to Strike Iran to Stop Nuclear Weapons

www.newsmax.com

Appearing at a news conference with Sens. Lindsey Graham and John McCain, Lieberman was unusually harsh in his assessment of the Iranian threat. There is a broad consensus in Congress that military force can be used if necessary to stop Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newsmax.com

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm not surprised to hear this from members of congress, given the tone of the last few months. It is doubtful that Iran will comply with US/Israeli demands on their nuclear program. IMO, even if Iran does comply I doubt that war would be prevented at this point. It is just a matter of time now.

Here is another article from today: Arab Diplomat: Bombing Iran Has Benefits

This article just furthers the argument that war is coming to Iran and soon.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ah...it's not official until Lieberman speaks. He and his pal Bolton and the rest of their neocon buds must be foaming at the mouth in anticipation.

Have you seen the Bolton video? I can link you if you want.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I haven't seen the video...feel free to add the link.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Iran dosn't have nuclear weapons. Iran have consistently denied that they want to have nuclear weapons and so far i havent even seen a speck of evidence that would otherwise say they are. we are constantly told how Iran are a danger to Europe and America but when was the last time they invaded anyone. and when was the last time America and Europe attacked a country. yes Iran is sitting on a lake of oil but they haven't got the resources to refine it hence them wanting nuclear energy, that and various medical applications. and after all isn't the west always banging on about going green... the war drums are banging getting us all prepared to follow blindly as an innocent country is attack . in my opinion its not a matter of if...IT'S WHEN!

[edit on 7-7-2010 by danielhanson420]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This guy is trilateral crap to the 10th degree. He's a bottom feeder. Why even pay attention to this clown. I remember when he had a hard on for video games. I would take a homeless man on the corner more serious than this moron.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Unfortunately, many do take these treasonous dirt bags seriously.

There are a few videos of Bolton here. Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Maybe we should look at the bank accounts of these politicians after all if they have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear or so they keep telling us.

Looks like the zionists will stop at nothing to fill there pockets and to bring about the end times so a few of 'gods chossen people' will go to heaven.

Have we got to kill 1.5bn muslims just so Iserail can build a new temple on temple mount because i won't be suprised if they bite back so do remember who started it.

Lets insist that the sons of politicians are sent into the theater of battle and they see if they are so keen to keep being bribed.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sure cause Liberman is the end all, be all of the Senate is he?

He gets final say on if the US goes to war or not? Along with that dinosaur McCain?

Come on now, that's just the GOP and the remnants of the GOP trying to gain steam with that far right sect of people who are foaming at the mouth and terrified of "Iranian Terrorism" and Muslims in general.

The US can't afford another war, even a swift one, and it would be VERY hard to convince the American people that Iran poses a grave threat to them with our forces basically flanking the country in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I don't see anyway to justify it, false flag pending...

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolftotem

Not surprised coming from a person who supports terrorist groups like the
Kosovo Liberation Army.

The Kosovo Liberation Army has atleast beahead 50,000 serbs durning the war and now look how there ethinc group is spreading like wild fire and yet

Kosovo is been runed by the mafia and the people live with nothing but drugs and money, crimes and other problems.

again not surprised seeing these words from joe the guy whom supports terror groups and acts if as his an real american

Why are there idiots still voting for him?

without looking his own records?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
he's not in the GOP anymore is he? Didn't they kick him out? Oops...wait...wasn't he a dem? Ine kicked him out and the "other" wouldn't have him? Shows how little I pay attention to these made-up labels. I am rather partial to neocon though because their changeling and chameleon-like nature fascinates me.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Lieberman gets a hard on for Israel just as McCain does. Lieberman loves to go on visits out there.

That should be all you need to know. If Lieberman likes Israel so much, we doesn't he run for office there instead of legislating for Israel like it's a US STATE.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Im very worried that USrael will attack.

I mean a HUGE fleet of American ships are off coast of Iran and their military will send thousands of missiles at the US fleet, which are already locked on... The US fleet would be wiped out and also mass casualities at Iraqis bases. Tel Aviv would be incinerated... No way is it possible for US/Israel/IRaq to stop all those missiles deadlocked on them.

Then.. of course.. The Nukes come out to break that resistance. Game over then.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Nobama needs something to take the spotlight off of his failed Presidency and a nice little war with Iran would be just the ticket. False flag is definitely needed and will come in the form of loss of American life. Then the Air Force will do their business and Iran will counter. Russia and China will act incensed but will sit back and do nothing while Israel, USA, England and France bomb Iran back to the Stone age. USA will promise Russia and China whatever they want to sit on their hands. The majority of the Arab nations will cheer us on quietly. Should Iran get a lucky hit or 2 in and really cause some damage, an aircraft carrier or something, the gloves come off and they get to see how good their revolutionary guard is at shooting down incoming ICBMs descending at mach 20+.

All of this gives our Emperor more than enough cover to continue to take our freedoms and grow the size of the government.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Why the anger at Iran? Who declared war on who? Iran, by the way, will probably aim to block the strait and a few key ports and really piss a lot of people off. They've as much as said so. If you believe them. A lot of people have said a lot of things.

As for Obama? He's barely involved in this. Someone else started it long ago. He has no choice in the matter. The last two times we went through this exercise were pretty much this same exact playbook. We have a few new players being a lot more vocal in contradicting themselves and getting tongue-tied about what to say when and what not to say, but they'll learn.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The US of A has already started the war and they have double crossed Russia in the process

"Obama’s New Iran Sanctions: An Act of War "

"When the UN refused to agree to the severe sanctions that the U.S. wanted, Obama responded with typical Bush flair and went solo. The new U.S. sanctions against Iran — signed into law by Obama on July 1st — are an unmistakable act of war.
www.infowars.com...
If fully enforced, Iran’s economy will be potentially destroyed. The New York Times outlines the central parts of the sanctions:

“The law signed by Mr. Obama imposes penalties on foreign entities that sell refined petroleum to Iran or assist Iran with its domestic refining capacity. It also requires that American and foreign businesses that seek contracts with the United States government certify that they do not engage in prohibited business with Iran.” (July 1, 2010)."

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yeah, Ron Paul and a few others already covered this last week. They're so right. Guess the sell was that it's a new kind war...a peaceful war.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Nobama has everything to do with this. He is your Pres man. He is doing what he is told but he is driving the boat. Anything that happens he gives the go ahead.

Not mad at Iran just saying that their mad mullahs are going to drive this to a place that results in their destruction. The armed forces of Iran have no ability to stop a real attack by the US. ICBMs are unstoppable and they will not be able to do anything once they fly. US military knows that Iran is like a hornets nest. You don't really want to just swat at it and try to take out the angry hornets as they come out. You take out the nest is one initial massive attack and they can do nothing to harm you. It is a battle that they cannot win.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Lieberman gets a hard on for Israel just as McCain does. Lieberman loves to go on visits out there.

That should be all you need to know. If Lieberman likes Israel so much, we doesn't he run for office there instead of legislating for Israel like it's a US STATE.

Sounds like treason to me but americans will only do something about it if they find they are attacked at home and lets face it who can blame people fighting back against a country that is bombing anyone and everyone, used nukes before and has thursands of them and tried to tell others it's such a sin have your own defence system.

All roads lead to Zionists and then on to iserail and it's banksters

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

That's not a factual scenario that would work, and here's why.

Obama is a puppet, he's no emperor and is probably one of the most innefective Presidents to ever serve.

Secondly, the US can't provide Russia or China with anything they want.

Those two countries have MOST of their energy needs invested in Iran and that's why they've provided loans and built infrastructure in Iran, because they need it.

The US cannot possibly offer them energy, as the US is the biggest importer of foreign energy in the world to start with.

Also, the Arab nations will NOT sit idly by and led Iran be demolished they too have a stake in it's success.

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2 >>

join