It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Missouri Girl, 4, Found at Car Wash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Missing Missouri Girl, 4, Found at Car Wash

www.foxnews.com

FENTON, Mo. -- They're calling it another Missouri miracle -- a 4-year-old girl abducted from her front yard and found safe 70 miles away more than 24 hours later.

The FBI said witnesses late Tuesday saw what they thought was a little boy wandering around a suburban St. Louis car wash. It turned out to be 4-year-old Alisa Maier, abducted Monday night from the yard of her home in Louisiana, Mo.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This is wonderful news. Sadly, these kind of endings don't happen that much. The really sad thing is, this little girl was probably raped. If she hadn't been, I'm sure the hospital would have commented about it. Regardless, I hope she can over-come this tragic incident. It must be extremely frightening for a four year old child but thank goodness she's okay.

I have a soft-spot for children, always have and I couldn't imagine this happening to to one of my children. The good thing is that this precious little girl is now safe but the bad thing is that this animal is still out there, free to prey on more children.

Anyway, I'm glad this little girl is okay. It's an honest to god miracle.

--airspoon

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Here in Calgary, they also just found a missing 4 year old. Thank god!
My daughter is 5 and I couldn't imagine even the thought of her missing...

My guess is the predator got scared and dropped her off.

Sick

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
A miracle indeed, what a cute little girl.

I imagine there are camaras at the car wash, a girl was abducted at a car wash a couple of years ago near where I live, it was caught on camara and with a terrible ending.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by amicae]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I sure hope they catch that monster. A definite argument for having a mastiff, lab and great pyrenees in your yard while your kids play. Even the friendliest dog will deter most people like this because they will look for the "easiest" target, if the dog looks like it could be a problem they will likely move on down the road. Also a good idea is to test your kids before letting them play outside alone....even in your yard. Have someone they don't know approach them and see how they react....if they don't react in a way that satisfies you, make them wait another year to go out alone.

I wondered about the sexual assault as well, it seems like they kept her at the hospital an awful long time.

The sad fact is though that you can't cover every angle and it is scary raising kids these days.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

I don't even allow my children to play outside with an adult. They won't leave this house with an adult and my oldest is almost 8. You just can't trust anyone anymore and chances are slim that your child will be found safe if abducted.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Awesome. This took place not 60 miles from me. Glad they found the little girl. I dont let my kids outside either without an adult living in a subdivision. Need to get out to the woods again...... only thing to worry about there is poison ivy attacking kids.

Hope whoever took this girl gets some beat down.

If anyone remembers the Ben Owenby/Shawn Hornbeck. Hits close to home as i drive by the bus stop of Ben Owenby where he was kidnapped that day.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Thank God she is alive. It was described as a guy in his early 20's. I don't see this age group preying on children so I think he was working with an older man who was driving the car. I think they had some connection to the circus - either they were visiting the circus or worked around it...just a feeling.
I wish more stories ended with the child at least being found alive.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by americanwoman

I don't even allow my children to play outside with an adult. They won't leave this house with an adult and my oldest is almost 8. You just can't trust anyone anymore and chances are slim that your child will be found safe if abducted.

--airspoon

Sadly this is so true. It was getting dark and this little girl was still playing outside. I wondered why. Whenever I see little ones waiting alone at the bus stop or riding on their bike I wonder how their parents can take the chance. Sometimes a sibling about 8 is protecting a 5 year old while they are both walking home from school. What are they thinking?
Some grandparents couldn't fight an attacker yet parents let them take the baby to Walmarts. I wouldn't.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I live in St. Louis near where the girl was found.
The news has stated that the car of the man they were looking for (the suspect) was found. As police approached the car which was behind a house near some trees, the man stepped out and shot and killed himself. The helicopter footage showed a large section of blood-stained grass in front of the car.

There was also an unsolved murder in the small town where the suspect lived. There is speculation that he may have been involved in that as well.

But the important thing is the girl was found unharmed and safe, and she is back with her family.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by Chamberf=6]

new topics

top topics

join