It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkeys use trees to catapault themselves out of Japanese laboratory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Monkey's are the 4th smartest animals on Earth. Why not?

So what are the other three?

My guesses would be:

1. Dolphin
2. Chimpanzee (Or are including that in the monkey category?)
3. Ant

Actually, ant should probably be #1 IMO, but their type of intelligence is so vastly different from ours, it is hard to categorize.

Other choices would be octopus, coyote, crow.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I wonder how much trial and error went into their attempt?
You can't tell me they were sucessful on their first try. Oh the mental images of the monkeypult is a funny one.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

Human, dolphin, crow, ape actually. Elephant next, I think. It's a close call between elephant and Whale. Elephant gets first because it can do things with its intelligence. Whales would be more or less emotional intelligence, and a bit of linguistic intelligence.

That would be the rate.

Indeed there are many kinds of intelligences. However, the ant would not be considered anything beyond elevated linguistic intelligence.

The ant has a 40 something character language, and that's about it. In order for it to have anything even really significantly intelligent, it would first have to evolve the ability to create and record new characters, and even more, attach meaning to them.

The 40 something language of ants essentially allows it to move, find food, attack, defend, and reproduce. Oh! And most interestingly, "bring out your dead" character.

However, although something to marvel at, it is no more intelligent than essentially a toy remote car. It is cool, yes, but not anything to say intelligent.

The intelligences of importance would be emotional, innovation, and tool use. Humans have all three plus linguistic intelligence, all in extremely high levels.

Crows would have exceptional tool and innovation intelligence. Dolphins would essentially be human children with elevated emotional intelligences.

So yea, there are a lot, but linguistic intelligence would only really be cool in ants when they have enough characters, and the ability to make new ones, and associate meaning to them. This cannot happen until brain development.

So sorry, ants don't even make the top ten.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I suppose it is entirely determinant on how you define intelligence, and really, I don't disagree with you because ants are not capable of music, art, or language. I still feel however, that there is something to the ant peoples intelligence that mankind is largely unable to comprehend or duplicate.

I, for one, welcome our new ant overlords.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think this is a perfect example of mental slavery. The monkeys escaped only to find that they were too dependant upon their captors to take care of themselves. It happens with our judicial system all the time.

People are not taught how to think for themselves, they're led in the opposite direction to be controlled and kept in line.

Unfortunately it's happenning to the majority of our population. People are so dependant upon our government that they wouldn't know what to do without it.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think the Monkeys got bored with studying the Scientists

See you later Quasemoto ...... thanks for the Peanuts

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
How cool that they made an escape - they are smarter than a lot of people I know. Hope they manage to escape again, take more of their buddies with them and live happily ever after in the forest!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That is a chimpanzee, not a monkey,but it's still a fun video to watch.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Colonel Hogannn,
No body escapes from stalag Kyoto...Please.

One of them had a great Idea to use a Motorbike, except there weren't any
Motorbikes.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

lol.

Actually we do understand the ant language. In fact, we have mastered it.

Also some other goodies for you're interest in ants.

Enjoy:

www.paisano-online.com...

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
They must have left a ninja video running by accident or something. Monkeys are damn smart and I wouldn't doubt they'd pick up techniques form that or maybe they watched the summer Olympics on ESPN!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostpigeon

Or they watched this?

www.youtube.com...

Turn about is fair play; we learned from them, they learn from us?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Great story, I see a few here saying this is an hoax, ffs get a life, probadly the type who believe QE2 is a reptilian.... lol

I like the fact that the japanese give these innocents a fortest home instead of the metal cages Seppo's & Others use in their evil research

For the record im 100% against animal testing as it is morally corrupt and evil

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Planet of the apes scenario in 2012? ...

Only Joking....

Or am i?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Coincidipidity?
Monkey saw, monkey do.

Social Security?
Security from whom and why?

And what did one mean by "Only the River Knows".
Who goes?
Who knows?

'I' care.
You?
Do?

Good to see you back DD.
You've earned a wing or two.
I can fEEl it.
You?
Du?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Perseus Apex]

top topics