It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2400 Canadian Soldiers deployed to Gulf Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
______beforeitsnews/news/95/332/2400_Canadian_Soldiers_deployed_to_Gulf_Coast.html

2400 Canadian Soldiers and the 1 Combat Engineer Regiment based in Edmonton Alberta are on a 72 Hour notice for deployment to the U.S. Gulf Coast.

The 1 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group (1 CMBG) frequently train with U.S. Army units including up to a 3 year secondment in the U.S. Military for Career Officers

Canada and the U.S. have signed an agreement that paves the way for the militaries from either nation to send troops across each other's borders during an emergency, but some are questioning why the Harper government has kept silent on the deal.

Neither the Canadian government nor the Canadian Forces announced the new agreement, which was signed Feb. 14 in Texas.

Gen. Gene Renuart, and Canadian Lt.-Gen. Marc Dumais, head of Canada Command, signed the plan, which allows the military from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation in a civil emergency.

The new agreement has been greeted with suspicion by the left wing in Canada and the right wing in the U.S.

well isnt this interesting. with all the talk about foreign troops training to do whatever to US citizens... looks like it could be coming to fruitation

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Oh my god ! it's almost 1/4 of all our troops

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wonder if it has anything to do with " 2010 Vigilant Shield: Canada's Gold/Determined Dragon"?

Could it possibly be that the "Dragon" represents the god of the Netherworld (an underground volcano)? Could it be that just below the oil is magma which is bringing up a lot of molten metals including a motherlode of gold?

Now, why would it be "Canada's Gold"?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The source isnt the greatest, maybe its confusion. Canadian Troops go to Texas for pre-depolyment training for Afganistan. Plus that is alot of troops for us.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
First of all, how did the agreement get signed without anybody knowing?

Secondly, why not use our own folks?

Thirdly, why not use our own unemployed folks?

Fourthly, I am glad Canadians are as upset about it as I am.

SLIPPERY, SLIPPERY, GETTING SLIPPERIER AND SLIPPERIERER!!

I know logicians hate the slippery slope, but first there is no NAU, and there is no chance of foreign or UN troops. Then, there is NAFTA, and there is sporadic "training" of foreign troops. Then there are UN "officials" but only for International Meetings and more "training." Then there is "foreign aid" that comes in for emergencies. Then there is a NAFTA highway corrider. Then we have the deconstruction of the US dollar. Then they stop securing the border and suing anybody that tries. Now, we have an agreement to let troops travel across the borders. Then we have an "accident" that requires those very troops to travel to an area that many people said would be evacuated under military order, but people said the US Military would never stand for it. Now, we have a foreign military moving in to help?

Logicians may not like slippery slopes, but when you are running in place on one, and slowly losing ground, they become very REAL!

Time to get my cleats, and get off this slope!

NAU? Evacuation? UN Troops?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So we have already gone from our troops helping in a “civil emergency” to foreign troops “helping”. Any idea what “civil emergency” means? Maybe the Canadian Troops could help secure our borders since we cant seem to do it!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"...are on a 72 Hour notice for deployment..." is a lot different than your title..."...deployed to Gulf Coast." Your title implies that they are there or on their way there. Big difference.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
oh...

Hello North American Union!

We could use our own troops, but we'd rather let them sit at their home bases and play xbox and drink all day, while all the reserves and national guardsmen go overseas to fight a drug war.

This is pathetic...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The Canadian military have been integrated into the North American defense for many years through NORAD.

I remember recently reading the NORAD commander was a Canadian General.

This is nothing new.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Probably a nothingburger here, but I'm still glad someone decided to post it. I personally have a big damn problem with any US troops other than National Guard being used in any type of enforcement operation. Foreign Troops doing anything that should be done by a local deputy normally, Guardsman in emergencies (emergency= Tornado, flood, TS/Weak Hurricane), Federal Troops in extreme emergency (LA Riots, Strong Hurricanes like Katrina, Andrew, Hugo) and I'm ready to feed the tree of liberty.This doesn't appear to be anything of the sort.

An engineer unit would have equipment with it that would be very useful for cleanup or berm building. If Canada is offering and the US is accepting I don't have a big problem with it, but I wonder why I haven't seen more US active/reserve assets moved to the region?

Addressing those that fear foreign troops on US soil: I'm with you when it comes to them doing things that should be done by local, state, federal US law enforcement and in extreme cases US troops. This is not something to worry about, especially part of a Canadian engineer brigade. As a matter of fact, for well over a decade and maybe two now, entire Canadian combat Armor and Infantry Brigades fairly regularly travel to the US's training bases at Ft. Irwin, in California, and Ft. Polk, in ,ironically, Louisiana. Canada and the US are bound by treaty and tradition in mutual defense. As much as I like to pick on our hockey playing, (insert humorous Canadian stereotype here), neighbors to the north, the US could not have a better neighbor than Canada. I'll be alarmed and defiant with you when there is even talk of, for example, Mexican, Indian, and Brazilian troops under a UN command doing the things that should be done normally by US law enforcement and extremely by US troops. Part of a Canadian engineer brigade heading to an epic disaster in the US isn't part of a sublime NWO plot, it's having a good neighbor.

Though the question must be asked, if foreign nations are offering and the US is accepting military expertise (especially engineers) why haven't more DoD assets been deployed to the gulf?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
please note the date of the signing is 2008
this was not mentioned in the article to make it appear recent.

U.S. Northern Command, Canada Command establish new bilateral Civil Assistance Plan
U.S. Air Force Gen. Gene Renuart, left, commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command, and Canadian Air Force Lt.-Gen. Marc Dumais, commander of Canada Command, signed a Civil Assistance Plan that allows the military from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a civil emergency. The signing took place at U.S. Army North headquarters, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, Feb. 14, 2008.

www.northcom.mil...
since this is an official US army web site I wuld say op may be may be
fishy
(the post, not the poster)

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
interpol has been given carte banc in the usa -
a canadian company mines uranium at the grand canyon-
the british once again darken our shores-
these wackenhut thugs are a belgian outfit.
killed karen silkwood.
canadian got a taste of nwo at g-20 -eh?
black ops cops- what-a billion for" security"? oh canada..
we are all in for it -mexicans canadian usa- all us civilians-
no longer citizens-just civilians. serfs. subjects of the crown.
pushed around by thugs..

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

I don't doubt it.
The spp, nafta, gatt, North Anerican Union. they are pulling it down on us.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

From the source you posted there's nothing there to back up this claim.. All the links posted in the article go to a dead end including the reporters biography.

new topics

top topics

join