It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone makes great snitch for savvy cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
iPhone makes great snitch for savvy cops

Got an iPhone in your pocket? Then you might be storing even more personal information than you realize. And some of it could be used against you if you're ever charged with a crime.

www.freep.com.../20100707/NEWS06/7070336/1318/Smartphones-nab-dumb-crooks&template=fullarticle

Evidently the Iphone is a treasure trove for nosy law enforcement

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

I'm not surprised there's a wealth of information, but i didn't know that

iPhone technology records a wealth of information that can be tapped more easily than BlackBerry and Android devices to help police learn where you've been, what you were doing there and whether you've got something to hide.

The only two laws I break are sometimes jaywalking (if there's no traffic I just walk across the street without walking to the nearest crosswalk), and driving about 5 miles over the posted speed limit but I think my speedometer is 3mph off so I may really only be going 2 mph over the limit. So I don't have to worry about an I-phone being used against me for those things (I hope) however I still don't want an i-phone. Apple just seems way too arrogant and overbearing, starting with their Quicktime installation which starts when the PC starts instead of allowing me to start it on demand like other PC applications.

And their reply to left-handed iPhone 4 customers who lost the signal was just too sad: "Don't hold the phone that way"

And the poor guy who got an $8000 iphone bill after using his iPhone for only 3 days, did you hear about that? Outrageous bills like that for iphone use are the crime, if you ask me!

join