It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heatwaves Hit Across N Hemisphere

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That's all news to me. It's been freckin cold in LA now for a while. This doesn't seem like it's gonna be one of those crazy hot summers. New ice age... I believe it.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I live in south west england and so far this year here it was a harsh winter, cold late spring and now summer is here we have had long periods of clear skys but with cooler than expected temperatures given the high amount of cloud free low wind days

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

You should reupdate yourself with NASA's expoectancy of Solar Cycle 24. Maximum was bumped up into 2013 instead of '12, and its supposed to be less powerful compared to cycle 23 (originally was set to be more powerful).

Also, 2 sunspots only currently. Atleast we have some spots, but Sol has been rather quiet compared to other cycles for cycle 24.

Honestly, this year has had the most normal weather out of the past 10-15 years imo, atleast in New Jersey. It actually snowed in winter months (compared to last few years of no snow dec-feb, then snowing in march and april) and hot days in march, with 60 degree days in july. This year has been a bit more normalized. (and luckily, no 75% days raining like lastyear)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
An automatic weather station in the UAE reported a temperature of 55.2c earlier this week. If verified it'll not only be a record for the region but a record for the whole of Asia.

News report

Saudi Arabia has already seen its highest ever temp record broken this summer.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The record high temperature in Moscow was broken on Monday. And then broken again on Thursday.

sweltering heat breaks new record in Moscow

Whilst it looks like Finland joins the list of countries that has recorded a new national record high this year.

And in the USA July could be the hottest month on record

They've also issued a second heatwave warning for large parts of China and Mongolia.

Not quite so warm across Northern Europe at the moment but it's sweltering in Spain and it looks like some very high temps are likely in the East Mediterranean this weekend.

Roll on winter is all I can say!

(Actually, Britain's not been especially hot. Thankfully!)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Well still no heat where i live in the UK - will keep you posted if it ever warms up above the dismal average of 18c to 20c so far this summer

<< 1   >>

join