It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rhino Horn, Elle MacPherson and PETA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
How is it possible that a supermodel, that supposedly supports animal rights, can consume Powdered Rhino Horn as a beauty supplement? These are the sorts of people that youngsters these days look up to and emulate.
Elle MacPherson has admitted to taking capsules containing Powdered Rhino Horn and says "Put it this way, It works for me"
How many other "superstars/models/celebrities are riding on the wave of animal rights in public while in private they use products internally or externally which can only be made/gotten by killing endangered species?
I couldn't believe what I had was watching when I saw this on Sky News last night!
Boycott her and her products/fashion line!

ETA: Apparently PETA has castigated her "but gently"

[edit on 7/7/10 by wiser3]

[edit on 7/7/10 by wiser3]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Maybe she belongs to the other chapter of PETA.

P eople

E ating

T asty

A nimals

( I'm sorry but I couldn't resist.)

She either has double standards or 'ignorance is bliss'. I'm thinking more the latter.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Someone should send her that picture I posted on another thread - it shows the true horror or rhino poaching.

Hopefully that might penetrate her thick cranium.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Damn hypocrite. So she sits there and probably gets paid by a charity to tell everyone else not to do something while she's doing it herself.

I wonder if she also likes bathing in the blood of baby seals to maintain her youthful appearance too.

They're probably all it!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Excellent idea! I have already Googled her and I am sure that somehow there must be a way to get a pic to her.
She also has her own website selling clothes or something and I am going to inundate their/her mailbox with that pic!

To Geo: No, it is not a case of ignorance! She goes out/went out with Bryan Adams who is big on the side of animals and PETA!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Source, if anyone's interested.

New Britain's Next Top Model host Elle Macpherson has been criticised by animal rights activists for eating powdered rhino horn. Macpherson, 47, once boycotted a restaurant in London after finding out that it served bluefin tuna. She has now admitted that she has taken the powder, known to be an aphrodisiac, despite the fact it has been banned from trade around the world for the past 15 years.

Source

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
What it takes to make yourself beautiful these days!

new topics

top topics

join