It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar Shaped Metallic UFO Spotted Over UK June 2010

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

this would have been thrown out immediately into the HOAX section should your video have been posted first

Exactly. This thread belongs in the [HOAX] bin. It is a hot air balloon recorded in IR played backwards.

A hot air balloon OMG

Going that fast?

Balloon Flight Oct 10, in HIGH winds

Not even close

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Most of the "speed" is due to the fact that the camera is zooming out.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowlord

Originally posted by Conclusion
I would say it is a metallic colored balloon, but either the wind at that height is over 200 to 600 mph or it is a very fast flying object with no wings.

Yes i agree with you i also felt the same when i first watched the video because many times i too saw the baloons drifting at good speed at higher altitudes....

The jet stream is only 250Mph - 300Mph and has been sitting North of the UK since around the start of may and this is the reason high pressure and good weather has been aloud to move in & dominate from the south & the continent, as it normal drags in Atlantic low pressures and never ending rain, im not sure where your getting 600Mph from either the fastest know winds on earth is the jet stream, and in 2nd place comes the F5 Tornado with winds from 200-250mph,

Also the jet stream is much much higher up than this object and would destroy it should it enter.

The jet stream is a high-speed, meandering wind current, generally moving from a westerly direction at speeds often exceeding 400 kilometers (250 miles) per hour at altitudes of 10 to 15 kilometers (6 to 9 miles)

Again this object at its very lowest is (6.500ft, 2000m, 2miles, 3km)

Ok so let say it was a Helium filled Cigar shaped balloon because it obviously is not a Lantern,

For a typical style balloon, the height it would rise to before it would burst will depend upon how much helium was put into the balloon. If you filled a balloon all the way up, it could easily burst before it reached 2000 meters

To understand how high the balloon will rise, you have to understand what happens to the air outside the balloon as the balloon rises. As the balloon rises, the air outside the balloon changes in three ways. First the air becomes thinner (less air pressure), secondly the air becomes colder, and thirdly the air becomes less dense. Because of these changes to the air, a balloon will begin to get larger as the balloon rises. Eventually the balloon will get so big that it will burst

Considering the cloud type it travels through are Altocumulus that occur around 4000m range, and 3x that of the Chinese Lantern range, we can now rule the theory out altogether IMO, Not to mention this object clearly has to be much bigger close to that of an commercial airliner in size and traveling at a much higher rate of speed,

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

i sOOOO seen somethin JUST like this in NC around '08. but it was much closer to the ground..no noise, not too fast, large,tubular,&silver

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

For now, just one question: what should happen to the object's brightness when passing through or behind a cloud? Should it's brightness stay the same, get stronger or get weaker?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
an upside down video of a Chinese lantern

My thoughts exactly. Flip the image.

Chinese lantern rising into the air - final video is inverted and played in reverse.

it may be so, i dunno...what i seen in NC, USA was with my bare eye..i have no proof [obviously] but it looks just like the silver tube blimp in the video [without the infarred of course] and it was around the time debri had been falling from shuttle explosion of Columbia (r.i.p.) i wont forget it!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

For now, just one question: what should happen to the object's brightness when passing through or behind a cloud? Should it's brightness stay the same, get stronger or get weaker?

It depends on the conditions, as the cloud it passes behind/above are very thin it just casts the darker shadow like return,

Should the cloud be thick enough it will Completely disappear, but since its not its blocking the IR return from the object passes behind, the total brightness drops again and AGAIN as it does so,

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

That told me!

I can't listen to the sound at the moment therefore I assumed because of the IR they were filming at night.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
is the speed of the object the speed of the clouds? if the object is as high as stated then the zoom would show the clouds to be moving at a fair speed even if they arent in actuality.

pretty curious video

[edit on 8-7-2010 by barmyarmy]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

That's what I think too, but after getting some frames from the video I noticed that the the brighter part of the object is brighter when seen (supposedly) through the clouds.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/749087aec66f4aef.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/aa065c79d08c03aa.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/117601ce9fd58a49.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/410bd222cbccf5f0.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/8499f500a793f831.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/81634608abb76256.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/001565a9208046fc.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/82c0c1e981e24d5a.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/a99b7276c62c140d.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f5f8256ee71dd025.gif[/atsimg]

Even without this information, I don't think the object passes through or above the clouds.

PS: sorry for the image flood.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You could suppose that there is recognisable cloud cover above the object, but also very thin wispy cloud at some point below it. In fact very low but thin cloud is a bit of a problem here in NI for some time now. It can also be multi-layered, and includes the newly named Asperatus Undulus leaving the sky all shades of grey, and at the same time you can still see a hint of blue sky above it all, weird stuff, like a perpetual mist, only not at ground level.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hold on... is that a TARDIS?!?!?
That's what I thought when I first watched the video... the tiny chance that it is something like that, and in turn the idea that there is a Doctor-like character, would make life feel so much better

www.youtube.com...#!v=IAIcyNVGpAs&feature=related

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

Right since you can tell how far objects are apart how close is the statue to the church a rough guess.

To help you brick plinth is about 2ft high. So you can work out a rough height for the plinth and statues to compare to the doors behind before the start of the arch above them.

If you worked out that object is at the height of the clouds this should pose YOU no problems what so ever! The reason it should be no problem you have the size of an object to work from so lets see your answer why dont you try as well Brit as YOU claim the object is near the clouds!

ONLY THE PEOPLE WHO THINK THE OBJECT IS NEAR THE CLOUDS TRY TO ANSWER THIS LETS SEE IF YOU ALL AGREE. HOW CLOSE IT IS

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Here is the original, unedited video footage provided by evpman after contacting him via Youtube.

He states in his message that he was out filming chemtrails on the day in question, and had switched his camera off.

When he noticed the object in the sky, he switched it back to capture it on film.

I'm not saying that this is ground breaking evidence or anything, but this lends credibility to the fact that the video was not tampered with.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Fryaga

Did he explain why he stopped taping the object before it disappeared into the clouds? And, after this startling apparition, he went back to taping contrails?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

It's not a question I posed, so no.

He has not stated that it was a UFO at any time, that's only a term that has been thrown around on here. He seems friendly enough, and has openly replied and offered information so far...so why not toss him a message as well?

*edit - I hate when edits don't work right. Either way, I sent him a link to this thread. Maybe he'll come in and answer some of this himself, instead of kermit and I having to harass him.

- Fry

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Fryaga]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Same type of object was sighted in the skies for forty years over the desert during the Israelite's Exodus while they followed Moses through the wilderness.

Same object has been been seen over and over again and written about for hundreds of years in Europe.

We are seeing them today. You decide what it is! I already made up my mind.

I am not here to convince anyone about anything thing...but as Desi would say' "Sumbuddy got lots splain`n ta do!"

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
WHATS UP GENTS NO ANSWER TO THIS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now I know PsychoX42 and Britwarrior have both been online TODAY after the above post THEY will have looked at it.
So lets see they are confident enough to say without any doubt that the object in the video is at the same level as the clouds everyone has seen that stated here.
They HAVE nothing to base that on as the video is LOW resolution and the they have NO idea how large the object is the video is not clear enough because of the resolution and that stupid IR mode that people film in.
They have been given a VERY clear picture to look at with a VERY GOOD indication of an object size PLUS a COMMON everyday object behind a DOOR,yet they dont seem to be able to tell HOW close this statue is to the church.

How come when they have a better quality picture and lots of information THEY haven't given an answer.
THATS STRANGE lets see what happens.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Interesting video!

The question of whether or not this video was flipped and played in reverse was, in my opinion, a perfectly valid theory. However, it has been soundly disproven by the original footage that Fryaga kindly obtained, which clearly shows the top of a truck moving forward across the frame.

While there is a cut between this and the footage in question, the clouds at 25 seconds can be clearly matched to the same clouds at 18 seconds, before the cut, which rules out the possibility of the second half of the footage being flipped upside down. Before this original footage was posted, I was also going to mention the camera's auto-focus, which disproves the reversed-footage theory because the camera is going out of focus during a zoom and then re-focusing (like any auto-focusing camera should) immediately after the zoom. Had the footage been reversed, it would imply that the camera spontaneously went out of focus before the cameraman had even touched the zoom button, and somehow came back into focus while he was zooming, which is simply not how auto-focus works.

So I think it's safe to say that we can rule out chinese lanterns; and I could certainly see this being a genuine high-tech craft of some kind. But I am also having trouble ruling out the theory that this could be a solar balloon. Maybe the question is simply which theory is more likely to be true.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

Having now seen the extended footage I retract my theory of flipped/reversed video of a Chinese lantern.

As the object rotates on its axis slightly, revealing what could be a printed design or logo, I'll go for the drifting balloon theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join