It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar Shaped Metallic UFO Spotted Over UK June 2010

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
Are you watching the same video that I am? I just have to ask this because you pretend like there are no clouds in the video when that is literally the first thing that you see before they zoom in on the object.

I'm not pretending anything, I am just asking why do you say that the object is next to the clouds. If wasn't seeing any clouds I would ask "what clouds are you talking about, there are no clouds visible", or something like that.

And since the clouds are clearly visible, you can ascertain a rough estimate of the size of the object.

No, you (or anybody else) can't, there's not enough data to know that.

If it was a closer scene with well defined objects, the difference in focus could be used to get some idea, but as all elements on that scene (the object(s) and the clouds) are too far away to have different focusing distances (and I think that I read somewhere that cameras cannot focus when seeing in infra-red, but I'm not sure of that) we cannot use that.

We do not know the size of the clouds or of the object we cannot have any idea of the distance between the camera and the object.

The only way of getting some idea of the size of the object (and from that the distance and speed) would be for the person who made the video to use the same amount of zooming with an object of a known size, with that we could use two random sizes (50 cm and 10 metres, for example) to get an idea of the object's distance and speed for those two possible sizes.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
You cannot be serious,

I am always serious.

Its not Zooming, its already Zoomed in

The zooming ends at 14.880 (frame 372), and then the camera adjusts the focus (meaning that there's at least some possibility of focusing in night vision mode) up to 15.720 (frame 393). I don't see any cloud thick enough to hide (even if just a little) the object.

PS: I don't need any looping video, I downloaded the video and I am watching it in VirtualDub.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
If they can't figure out that the government regularly screws over the American people right in front of our faces without hiding it, then they won't be able to tell a UFO from a Chinese Lantern even if it did backflips in the air, landed in their front yard while abducting their labrador while singing "ET phone home" in their native language.

The American government can do what they want over the American people, what's the relation between that and the opinion of some Portuguese guy who doesn't care about the American government?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Chinese Lanterns, go up to 1000m and last for 20 mins, hot air balloons around an hour its not a full tank of rocket full on bored folks its hot air with a limited full supply, and i'm sure if they go that high they will travel around 30mph, depends on the speed of the winds at a given altitude

So...

Its looks to be passing through cloud at above 2000m twice the hight they are capable of reaching the cloud type they pass through are Altocumulus which only exist at 4000m - 6000m

So can we have a another loop please. i'm confident it passes through the light cloud and the camera is not zooming at this given time, that it is infact sun GLARE if you look closely at the very start of the video you see the full picture and the CLOUD its heading directly for. watch that back & forward...

Please follow this... and i'm hoping we can get a video loop for this to.

0:10 THE FOOTAGE BEGINS, ok Pause it there, and take a look around for the object and look at the surroundings

Ok had a look around? - Let it play

Ok so around 0:19 seconds in we can see is coming into the start of that light cloud...

Now go back to 0:10 and look for that (OBVIOUSLY) by now you have realized which cloud it is...

Notise how bright this cloud is two on the 0:10 mark which explains the glare, its not ZOOM.

Ok so you know its direction, and that it heads towards that intensely bright cloud which again around 4000m - 6000m far beyond the the hight of a Lanterns 1000m range.

Now click play at 0:19 again to 0:24 and watch it pass through that cloud watching the object as it does so you will see its color change as it passes through or above the cloud, loop it if you can, yes? you see its in or above theres no way you can deny that and i'm not sure how anybody thinks its not,

From the cameraman's position to that cloud the object is traveling to at IMO a high speed he would need to raise the camera further up & into the direct sunlight, he then Zooms but stops when close enough, it then reaches the BRIGHT cloud that (gives of the impression hes still Zooming) not in my eyes anyways just the a few so this is why, hes not, Its glare the object is moving through bright cloud illuminated by the sun in IR mode, its already ZOOMED

Where are all the adults on this site?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
*cough* austin powers.

I can't believe no one has talked about this movie in depth.

Lost in translation with the whole nation.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Let's re-frame this. Here we go:
Whoo-hoo! Like Delta Phi is, like totally Twenty-First Century! Whoah! Like, check out this totally awesome video of our anti-gravity spaceship, man:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Wow, really? Debunked?

Way to win one for the home team, considering there hasn't been a general consensus on whether or not the video has actually been flipped & reversed.

So...in essence, your video is just as moot as the fake airplane videos littering Youtube. Golf clap.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissPort905v2
*cough* austin powers.

I can't believe no one has talked about this movie in depth.

Lost in translation with the whole nation.

Well,
Now is your chance go for it, detailed information only, please include reference to this particular thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001
[more
Did you actually bother to watch the video in the context I suggested, or are you just blowing smoke?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Really?

Do you honestly believe this video looks legit reversed?

*face palm*

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Provide one objective piece of evidence that this video was not reversed.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Provide one objective piece of evidence that this video was not reversed.

Well i could just ask you the same question? do you have evidence/proof the original was ? No you do not. this means you cannot host up a video and claim DEBUNKED DEBUNKED, Your behaving like a child who wants but can't get his own way IMO.

Not to mention it just looks WRONG and anybody could see yours is reversed and the wrong way round footage, this would have been thrown out immediately into the HOAX section should your video have been posted first.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eennoo

Austin Powers
YEAH BABY!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I have watched the video 6 times and there is absolutely nothing in that video that says without doubt that this is a UFO (not an Unidentified Flying Object but a craft of other orgin). There is also nothing in that video that says without doubt that it is a balloon or a chinese lantern.

That said, it appears there are so many so called self proclaimed experts on this site that can so easily dismiss something that could very well be of some importance to us. Maybe before dismissing these videos with "Its a balloon" or "its a chinese lantern" just maybe these people can explain why they are so sure. IMHO - it could be anything, my gut response is telling me that this isn't a craft being flown by other origin as much as I want it to be.

It could very well be a balloon or it could very well be some kind of drone. The interesting part about the video is that the object does not leave any contrails and that it was filmed in the dark, these are variables that we must take in to consideration.

Thanks OP for providing us a topic we can paw.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Re: Cigar Shaped Metallic UFO Spotted Over UK June 2010 Hi,The footage was taken by me in Dagenham,Essex around 11AM on the 23 June this year.

This is the reply I got from evpman who took the footage.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I've finally made contact with evpman, and he states that he does in fact have the original, unedited footage and appears that he is willing to share more video.

I'll let you guys and gals know on further developments.

*edit - guess he just logged on and contacted both of us lol

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Fryaga]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
I would say it is a metallic colored balloon, but either the wind at that height is over 200 to 600 mph or it is a very fast flying object with no wings.

Yes i agree with you i also felt the same when i first watched the video because many times i too saw the baloons drifting at good speed at higher altitudes....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I wouldn't use this footage in defence of any argument

first thought was that it was a balloon and then I went a little bit numb and wrote this response.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

WRONG!

11am not 11PM

Not only did the Cameraman say it was 11am and it was very high up and red in color, but also if you had any knowledge of IR footage you would know the night sky would be BLACK in color

Night IR footage

Mexico Ufo Encounter 11 UFO's The most famous sighting ever

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

this would have been thrown out immediately into the HOAX section should your video have been posted first

Exactly. This thread belongs in the [HOAX] bin. It is a hot air balloon recorded in IR played backwards.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join