It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diver 'VANISHES' in Portal to Maya Underworld (awesome video & the FIND!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wouldn't that be a safe place to hide when TSHTF lol

Now that wonderous things are being found below I just need to say:

Can you now see how Alien's and UFO's ......................................

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
It's amazing to think that the Maya or whoever did all this dive work with no scuba gear, found these cavern systems leading off these cenotes, and then built temples and roads with just rocks and a fire to give extra light. Mind boggling, in my opinion. But then again, look at their grasp of astronomy and mathematics. Chalk one up for human ingenuity!

How do you know they had no Scuba gear?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I don't thin anyone has paid attention to one detail a femure bone with a ball on it the size of a bowling ball any ideas how tall a person would be to have a ball joint that large. Certain things are slowly being found hopefully soon they will be put together. I wonder if we will hear about the age of these fossil? for some reason i think not.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Am i missing something here .. is this video for real ? like the diver swimming through the ground ? Im a scuba diver myself never seen anythin like it. Also how did they find out about the portal .. good vid

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

From what I gathered, the water from the inside is gently pushing outward (at the hole)-causing the dirt/ground to move like that.

I can only say to waht I saw. Even if they somehow made it look like that (to better the interest etc)-so what.... Still cool as heck.

Being a diver etc, is there any website/info sources you know of that maybe able to shine more on this?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
S+F Great Post!

Iw anted to comment on the femur bone, it seems people are wondering if it is human. We cant say for sure, but I say it's possible. Back in the 70's in a ranch in the state of Totatiche Mex., My fathers cousin was having trouble with a patch of soil where nothing would grow, no matter how much it was fertilized or treated. My dad recalls his cousin saying that they decided to dig to see what was under neath, folk stories and superstitions said that it is because there is treasure. So they dug and dug and found two giant human skulls (size wise, about 2 and a half feet from the ground to the top of the cranium).

Perplexed they just left them there, disappointed with not finding treasure. People that passed by, women and kids complained that they were freightened especially when they had to pass through at night. So my father's cousin buried them again. I asked my father to take me there, and to my disappointment he said his cousin no longer owns the property, and I said yeah a likely story, seems this always happens, some how no way to get to the place now etc... I told my dad, if they would have saved them and stored them properly they were in and of them selves a treasure.

But then again, I have read stories about giant skulls found in the west here in the U.S. and the remains misteriously disappear and no more is said about them. A cover up. Perhaps it is good those skulls in Mexico didn't get brought up to the spot light.

I wonder if the bone found in that under water cave will turn out to be human, if they will openly say it is human?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
It's amazing to think that the Maya or whoever did all this dive work with no scuba gear, found these cavern systems leading off these cenotes, and then built temples and roads with just rocks and a fire to give extra light. Mind boggling, in my opinion. But then again, look at their grasp of astronomy and mathematics. Chalk one up for human ingenuity!

This was thousands of years ago... maybe this place used to be above ground before flooding occured!!!

OP.... nice thread....

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

I wouldn't call anything that big "human". Humanoid, may be a possibility, but homosapiens are NOT that big. Perhaps a homo humungous, but many creatures have femurs and pelvic bones, so you can't go straight to humanoids off that.

I wish there was more information on the cave systems though. Perhaps this is some reason to bring out the ground penetrating radar to maybe locate where all the tunnel systems run? Only two pictures of the dry tunnel systems on the links; the video left me hanging for more!

Very cool find though. S&F'ed!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Its important to remember that the Yucatan goes through periodic droughts.
The water table may have been low enough at times to work without diving.
There may also have been very long periods when much of the cave system
was inaccessible.

Great find. This may ultimately be as important to understanding the Maya
as finding the pyramids in the jungle.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It looks so unreal .. not as in fake but crazy. Erm im not a professional diver but do it as a recreation so unfortunately ive never seen or expierenced it before and would not have a clue about it. Sorry

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
That's incredible! I can't imagine why somebody would think about swimming into that boiling hole. Curiosity, I guess.

About the giant femur bone...I saw this article a few years ago, about a giant skull found in Rockwall, Texas back in the 1800's. I go back & read it occasionally, because it is just amazing to me.

www.noahsark-naxuan.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
ok, i have one question... why did the OP say they went in the "portal" in the water (located in belize) and the other side is the caves in Mexico? i understand that the two countries are next to each other but if you click on the link the pictures seem to be unrelated. am i missing something here? i'm not out to point fingers or claim this or that I am just wondering if i'm being an idiot or not.

the pictures are just very misleading...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

I'm going to copy/paste your story for another discussion concerning Giants in the Lost Civilizations link.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
ok starting to think i'm not an idiot here... the first picture is from 2010 the next one is from 2008.

unless it was as time portal

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thank you for that, I love this kind of stuff S&F!

...why am I not an archeologist???

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What a delicious find - more of this place and enough of the same old-same-old. S&F from SF

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I have my open-water cerification too (PADI). Fairly new at it, though.

It's interesting, near the end of the video, they mention depths of over 200 feet? Indeed, as they said, that requires specialized training, experience and equipment (I'm thinking NOX.... or maybe re-breathers).

In any case, it's puzzling --- the connection to the Maya... exactly how they accessed those caves....certainly not by diving; they didn't possess the technology, nor is it lkely to be humanly possible without assistance.

Someone mentioned, there must be above-ground entrances somewhere. Surely, after all these centuries, the opeings must be well-hidden, perhaps in jungle growth (or maybe in Mayan ruins??). Further, the cave complex could not be intact, anymore...cave-ins and such.

Still, for archaeologists, a tremendous find.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That reminds me of a dive I did while serving in the Army, in San Francisco. Since we were stationed at the Presidio, our dive club was asked to dive into the cisterns at the prison/fort guarding the entrance of the bay. It was one of our first bases, cannons were stationed atop the walls. It's a museum, now. But no one had dove into the cisterns inside. They had formed cracks, and seawater was inside them.

Visibility was inches. It got worse when someone accidentally crushed an old powder keg, and we had gunpowder in one of the old cisterns. We were asked to measure them, and find anything we could. The entrances into these were so small, we had to go in, and have our tanks handed down to us.

We found all sorts of things, including cannonballs, cannon loaders, bit of tack for wagons, and many other things, which are now I believe, displayed in the museum proper.

But this reminded me of that. It's a tad creepy when you can see nothing. And it was pitch black, in these cisterns, and lights did next to nothing. But.. was still pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How come the National Geographic video does not show the human sacrifices, that is interesting to me, The Mayans were cruel people, no?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UMayBRite!
Its important to remember that the Yucatan goes through periodic droughts.
The water table may have been low enough at times to work without diving.
There may also have been very long periods when much of the cave system
was inaccessible.

Great find. This may ultimately be as important to understanding the Maya
as finding the pyramids in the jungle.
During the Ice Ages, the sea levels were much lower than they are today.

But, if you believe the scientific community, there were no humans that far south in the Western Hemisphere during the last ice age.

I don't believe them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join