It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is playing a game

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
if people didn't log onto these sites then nobody would know anything about you or what your topics are, Maybe ATS keeps afloat with help from the government to detect possible "nutters" or the too clever....

who knows, there actually is no delete account function which is a worry if you decided to up and leave

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
if people didn't log onto these sites then nobody would know anything about you or what your topics are, Maybe ATS keeps afloat with help from the government to detect possible "nutters" or the too clever....

who knows, there actually is no delete account function which is a worry if you decided to up and leave

I keep my identity hidden, besides I don't care if they know who I am, they can come to my door if they like, but they won't be stepping a foot inside it, this is fort knox, and I have every right to my free speech. I am a very determined , very thorough person. In times like these, it is imperative to plan ahead. I have eyes everywhere, and I am always alert.

I am not saying people need to panic and go doomsday planning , just be aware of your surroundings and watch how people move, speak and behave. Analysis of body language and speech fluctuation is important in this game, ,trust me. You can spot the liars and disinfo agents from a mile away if you know how they play their game especially with doublespeak and NLP! - a favourite tactic of many here, manipulation.

It's like chess, knowing your opponent inside and out, then you can predict their next move.

As where truth is concerned. The moment you get anything dangerous, any sensitive information, you get rid of it, you don't sit on it.

Distribute it far and wide as fast as possible.

The Government have an agenda , always have, always will, but instead of all of us grouping together in the millions and storming parliament or the white house and taking our countries back, we sit on a forum. Don't get me wrong I do it too, it's a feeling of powerlessness, but we are very very limited group and everyone on ATS has been herded to disagree or denounce, twist and deflect.

I am glad we have come together those of us in this very thread to find a common ground and agree on a topic, it's a stress free, enjoyable gathering of those who think alike

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It's the rudeness and sarcasm from the mods drunk with power and control on a board of all places, not as if it is in the real world or they are CEO of a company. Bullying online is one of the most pathetic tactics.

If this does occur, please use the complaint feature to bring this to the staff's attention, so multiple mods can review such an incident. We're all just volunteers who just want to see the site consistently improve.

In the case of a mod going power-trippy (and it has happened, though much more rarely than one would expect), said mod has been shown the door, so to speak...but it's a pretty rare occurrence, especially in the past couple of years....with the improved vetting process.

Posts should only be deleted when they violate the terms and conditions of the site.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I just recieved a test about being a good person It was on the ten commandments but i didnt have the oportunity of commenting (it just vanished) I think we will all go down the drain

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hello, I am The Eraser.

You have all been erased.

You will be picked up soon from your home to go through our reprocessing procedure.

Your code name is Sienna.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ever think that maybe...just maybe...

The people perpetuating the rumor that sites like ATS are COINTELPROs are the government operatives?

Think about it.

What better way is there to stifle free speech (and therefore any possibility of uncovering government wrongdoing) than to frighten people into silence?

Not pointing fingers, here. I doubt the OP is a government agent. Just saying that perhaps the people who keep these types of rumors afloat are.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
Ever think that maybe...just maybe...

The people perpetuating the rumor that sites like ATS are COINTELPROs are the government operatives?

Think about it.

What better way is there to stifle free speech (and therefore any possibility of uncovering government wrongdoing) than to frighten people into silence?

Not pointing fingers, here. I doubt the OP is a government agent. Just saying that perhaps the people who keep these types of rumors afloat are.

TheAssoc.

You raise an excellent point, however, you only have to look at how deception works and how "they" work to see the social experiment. google it, you'll get all the information you need.

Institute
Psychology
Social
Experiment
Elite

You would be hard pressed to find a popular board like this to be clean. It has been infiltrated, it's a project. Look at how everyone thinks alike, speaks alike, is herded , argues the same points over and over with no conclusions .

Divide and Conquer

A wise man once said: ""The best way to control the opposition is to lead it."

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Apropos of the subject matter in this thread, I came upon the following while researching the subject online. The following was published last October on the site: www.globalresearch.ca... and is excerpted from the article, "Mind Your Tweets: The CIA Social Networking Surveillance System"
by Tom Burghardt

"Not to be outdone, the CIA has entered the lucrative market of social networking surveillance in a big way.

In an exclusive published by Wired, we learn that the CIA's investment arm, In-Q-Tel, "want to read your blog posts, keep track of your Twitter updates--even check out your book reviews on Amazon."

Investigative journalist Noah Shachtman reveals that In-Q-Tel "is putting cash into Visible Technologies, a software firm that specializes in monitoring social media. It's part of a larger movement within the spy services to get better at using "open source intelligence"--information that's publicly available, but often hidden in the flood of TV shows, newspaper articles, blog posts, online videos and radio reports generated every day." Wired reported:

Visible crawls over half a million web 2.0 sites a day, scraping more than a million posts and conversations taking place on blogs, online forums, Flickr, YouTube, Twitter and Amazon. (It doesn't touch closed social networks, like Facebook, at the moment.) Customers get customized, real-time feeds of what's being said on these sites, based on a series of keywords. (Noah Shachtman, Exclusive: U.S. Spies Buy Stake in Firm that Monitors Blogs, Tweets," Wired, October 19, 2009)

Although In-Q-Tel spokesperson Donald Tighe told Wired that it wants Visible to monitor foreign social media and give American spooks an "early-warning detection on how issues are playing internationally," Shachtman points out that "such a tool can also be pointed inward, at domestic bloggers or tweeters."

...........................................................................................................

While ATS is nowhere as large as, say, Facebook or MYspace, it is the biggest social networking site on the net devoted to just the type of subject matter and discussion that would make certain spook's ears itch.
When Big Brother is watching your every move, every hour of the day, it is not being paranoid to occasionally look over your shoulder or run very agressive anti-spyware sweeps on an hourly basis on your laptop.

I would not at all be surprised to find that In-Q-Tel or INDACT is the sponsor behind the Library of Congress interest in archiving every Tweet ever made on Twitter.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The FBI had Carnivore, then the CIA with Echelon, who even knows what systems they use now...

But, even with that, you still need human beings to sift through the filtered catches, and convert that data into intelligence you can use. I just can't see any agency having the human resources to do this with a high success rate from these types of sources. Sure, they may dabble in it, and rely on the keywords for the raw hits, but eventually, it takes a person studying it and correlating it to other relevant data, to be useful.

While it would be par for the course (i.e. such as a suspected MJ-12 member founding NICAP, etc.), from what I've seen behind the inner doors of ATS, there is NOTHING to suspect the staff as anything but truth-seekers...and I believe this is evidenced by continual improvements to the ways the site communicates this message.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

The distancing of Simon Gray from ATS, this site was his baby, he seems to hardly visit much any more, I have U2U'd him and he does seem to be vague and different (just my opinion)

He's been locked in the boot/trunk of Skeptic Overlords car for years now. Fed through a little hatch in the rear seat and given a gameboy to keep him amused.

[edit on 8/7/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thanks for the reminder, it's feeding time again...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"If the intelligence community is a family, think of us as the uncle no one talks about."

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
GO TEAM

lol yeah ATS is like Zion in the matrix another level of control for those that dont accept the program. Come on look at the format. look at the garbage that gets pushed to the front page. OOHHH LOOK ITS GOOD LOOKING WOMEN GIVING US THE NEWS.......... seen that anywhere before

one of them cant even read convincingly. i know these are incidental things but i have picked up on a thousand other subtle changes.

also i participated on a thread by a member who said ATS was bought out by some bad elements and that the direction of the site was going to change. that was about 2 years ago. low and behold the thread was deleted not just closed and the member was banned.

i dont know about you but for a site that pushes freedom of speech and open discussion i think thats a bit hypocritical.

also whats with the bloody advertising. i know people need to get paid but come on that stupid predator add is annoying as hell. not to mention it takes up bandwidth every time you load the dam home screen.

all the points posted in here i agree with. its the oldest thing ever.

power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. this site is a mere shadow of its original self. it is now populated by crackpots dissinfo agents and a sprinkling of truth seekers. who have either turned to the darkside or are about to leave.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thats the user who posted 1 post and it was deleted and the user was banned.

i read the post and there was nothing in it worth deleting let alone banning the user. only myself and another member posted on his thread before it was deleted and he was banned. i wont mention the user because im not sure if he wants his id named. the other member then created a thread about this even which was also deleted. one by accident maybe but to accidentally delete 2 related threads and ban a user?

regardless the "official" story was the poster didnt post their post in the introductions section or something and the mod was trying to move the thread and accidentally deleted it and the other thread relating to the original thread was also accidentally deleted. oh yeah and the user banned lol banned for posting in general when he should have done so in introductions. what? ever heard of warnings?

so having witnessed first hand the true nature of this site i keep to the corners and try not to ruffle too many feathers. im pretty sure this thread is under observation or at least will be. its only saving grace is that its in the back waters of BTS.

[edit on 9-7-2010 by TiM3LoRd]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

my apologies back on topic which is of course this cryptic message left by the OP.

in response to your message that ATS is playing a game i agree whole heartedly. and would like to add that the game is very much afoot. the question obviously is what is the game. in my humble opinion the game is control and anybody trying to expose that control will be ironed out. it was my mistake that i didnt properly elaborate my previous post which was deleted as being off topic.

so let me elaborate. my previous post was an open question to the participants of this thread. it was simply asking if anybody had problems logging as i had issues with my password being incorrect. the question might have seemed off topic because i didnt elaborate that i believed the reason my password might have been hacked was because of the subject matter i was discussing. WHICH IS VERY MUCH ON TOPIC CONSIDERING THAT THE TOPIC IN QUESTION IS AS THE PARTICIPANTS OF THIS THREAD HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION IS ABOUT A CONSPIRACY WITHING ATS. so again i apologize for not being clear as to why i posted what i did and i hope this clears the matter up. i also find it ironic that the mod that deleted my thread is not mentioned at the end of this page as one of the supervising mods. regardless i hope this clears the matter up. back on topic again perhaps this subject needs its own thread in the conspiracy forum???

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ok...

After reading the subject title and pretty much everyones post.

Am I to inculcate that the majority of those of you that have posted believe that this website is an front for something nefarious of the 3 letter acronym groups?

If that were the case, then why would you be posting? That sounds anti-productive and why would they allow a post like this to exist, if it would "out" or "expose" such information..

Doesn't make sense to me.. Someone please explain that mentality to me.

Thanx

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wingz

It's all just a conspiracy Wingz.

Like the Man who gave the girl a bite of his Apple taken from a Tree with 548 branches.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

i read the post and there was nothing in it worth deleting let alone banning the user. only myself and another member posted on his thread before it was deleted and he was banned. i wont mention the user because im not sure if he wants his id named. the other member then created a thread about this even which was also deleted. one by accident maybe but to accidentally delete 2 related threads and ban a user?

I didn't look into this particular case, but the scenario you describe could also occur if a previously banned member tried to re-register with a different name, was identified, etc., and then again banned. That's just one of several possibilities. You never know also, that member could have threatened or harassed people through U2U's or chat, etc. Just pointing out that a member's actions resulting in a ban may not always be visible to the membership at large...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just curious, did ATS win yet.

They are playing a game right ?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Everyone's a winner, baby, that's the truth (yes, the truth)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join