It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lump on my head. Help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
So a few months ago I tripped and hit my head on the floor. ( yes, very stupid I know, lol.) The next day I had a massive headache and my head felt like it was going to explode. The area where I hit my head felt soft and when I touched it it would leave an imprint for a while.
So I went to the doctor and they said they had no clue what it was and told me to come back in a few weeks to see if it was getting any better.
By the time I went back the lump was hard and still very noticeable. Eventually they suggested I get a CT scan. The results came back as something along the lines of "bump of unknown origin. Appears to be calcified." ( something like that anyways.
)
Now they want to do an mri just to be sure.
I don't have now pictures as of now but it seems to stick out about 1/4 inch or a bit less and about 1 inch wide.
So what do you guys think? Could it be dangerous?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1

WOW! must of hit your noggin pretty hard! Strange that it's calcified though.. unless you chipped off a bit of bone or something. I doubt it's anything serious though. Have you done any checks online for similar instances?

IRM

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I have checked online but cant seem to find something similar.

Also, I feel no pain unless I press down on it fairly hard.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by bigfoot1]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Sounds like a cyst, nosy about on here and see if you can come up with anything

www.medgle.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1

You went to a doctor and had a CT and they still have no idea?

Where do you live Canada?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Similar thing happened to my little sis when she smacked her head on the car when we were riding El Toro. Shouldn't really be anything to serious, especially if it hasn't gotten any larger or caused a major impact with any of the senses.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Your Dr should know if it's a cyst or even a hematoma by feeling it. He shouldve aspirated it to see what was in there, be it fluid or blood.
If it's a cyst it's external and theres tissue damage. You fell and hit your head. You damaged ur skin, tissue, veins, and more, it's going to take a bit for those things to repair themselves.
If it were really bad they would have sent you for an MRI right away.
Dont sweat it, I'm sure your fine. I know it's hard to not worry.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You might consider getting a new doctor. If you hit your head and the next day you have a massive headache and a soft spot, that screams concussion at a minimum to me.

new topics

top topics

join