It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the eye and the pyramid, what is it ? duh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Many people interested in symbolism and various esoteric / magic stuff including me have one time or another wondered what the heck was this eye stuck into a pyramid ? what does it represents and where it comes from ?

There are many literature about the pyramids, the representation and symbolism, the common representation of the "elite" (lol) and the "all seeing eye" is almost part of popular knowledge, at least in the conspiracy theory "trash culture" and you might find it in some science fiction books, entertaining films and even on the US dollar bills

But what is the all eye seeing eye ? what does it see and how ? Also where it comes from ? and even more.. what does it look for ?

I do not pretend to explain everything, neither how do I came to those "thoughts" but this what I can "share" about it, still nobody (me included) should consider this for affirmations or even worst, "truth":

- the eye and the pyramid might not be "one" entity, but 2, one is "active" and "male" and the other one is let say.. "asleep", "female" and "turned upside down".
- it's/they are not entity from this physical universe but from another uniserve, call it meta universe or whatever you like.
- this "thing" has not always been into this form of pyramid with a single eye, its possible it had a "humanoid form", still it was long long "time" ago.
- amazingly the eve and adam story may be "related" to those 2 pyramid "entities".
- this thing is very evil/bad and suffering. For this reason it's final and only purpose is total destruction of "everything" including "itself".
- this thing as the "all seeing capability" and see/read in every "living thing" (animated thing) which means any life form, "anywhere", in "any world" , somehow this is possible because it is this thing that make "living things" to "live".
- it's very stupid and unwise to worship this entity like masons do (without even knowing it btw), calling it the "great architect" and such stupid names, because this thing is not an "architect".

ps: I wasn't sure how to post and if this can be posted in the "intro section" still it's the only place for me to make a new subject, I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Mod Edit - To Remove Censor Circumvention In The Title.

[edit on Wed, 07 Jul 2010 22:46:04 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There are many many many.... MANY theories on eye of providence.

Here's some links if you are interested:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Big brother is watching you!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
my personal opinion of the meaning of the symbol

narrowing to the top - People in many layers till the top just like the hierarchial commands in military.
divided in groups - building blocks
an eye with rays- one big boss at the top who sees all (GOD?)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by moltquedelo

Many meanings I would think it represents many things, but here is one, I'f you think of human civilization as a pyramid, a coagulation of all peoples, then the eye on top would represent the, all seeing eye, originally the Pharaohs were more then just god kings, they had to take care of all there subjects, there fore they had to keep there third eye open to any and all possibilities of strife good or bad or evil. It really is like a pyramid and that was the Pharaohs most important job to keep all eyes open to everything and see as much as they could. Two eyes on the physical, peoples, buildings, resources, daily life. And the third metaphysical eye on all other things from the unseen and unspoken rules of humans ie politics, to the gods, to the very aether itself the unknown, basically an impossible job.
It really is just like a pyramid scheme it only works for all if they eye is open to all, if not the whole thing comes crashing down.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I believe the space between the bottom and the top means its a never accomplished task (of what ?im not a mason)

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by moltquedelo
- this thing as the "all seeing capability" and see/read in every "living thing" (animated thing) which means any life form, "anywhere", in "any world" , somehow this is possible because it is this thing that make "living things" to "live".

Yes. The eye represents God. He's all seeing, all knowing, and is the thing that makes living things to live.

- it's very stupid and unwise to worship this entity like masons do (without even knowing it btw), calling it the "great architect" and such stupid names, because this thing is not an "architect".

So you're saying it's stupid and unwise to worship God? That's certainly an atheist's point of view, but not one shared by those who have a religious faith. Freemasonry is not a religion, and not a substitute for an individual's religion. When Masons get together and invoke the blessing of the Grand Architect of the Universe, they're talking about God. But because Masonry is religiously tolerant, they use the term Grand Architect of the Universe as a way to describe God without giving him a name that is specific to one faith over another.

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy

You got it.

Originally posted by SSimon
I believe the space between the bottom and the top means its a never accomplished task (of what ?im not a mason)

No. The unfinished pyramid is not a symbol used by Freemasons.

As far as the symbol appearing on the Great Seal of the United States, the 13 steps of the pyramid represent the original 13 colonies, with God overseeing the building of our nation, which is, even today, still a work in progress.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

by JoshNorton
Yes. The eye represents God. He's all seeing, all knowing, and is the thing that makes living things to live.

I would not say it like that. Take a car , there is the car, the fuel and the driver.
What make the car moving is the driver driving it and the fuel. Let's suppose the driver is "you" (your "soul") then the thing represented by a pyramid would be the "fuel" (the energy necessary to make the car moving, still it's driven by YOU) and the car itself would be your "body" (call it the freudian "it", the vessel, whatever)

by JoshNorton
So you're saying it's stupid and unwise to worship God? That's certainly an atheist's point of view, but not one shared by those who have a religious faith. Freemasonry is not a religion, and not a substitute for an individual's religion. When Masons get together and invoke the blessing of the Grand Architect of the Universe, they're talking about God. But because Masonry is religiously tolerant, they use the term Grand Architect of the Universe as a way to describe God without giving him a name that is specific to one faith over another.

Hmm well that's seems to be a tipical FM propaganda laius ! :-)
I'm just saying this pyramid thing and what it represent might not be God but something else, what exactly ? I dunno.

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy

by JoshNorton
You got it.

How can you be so sure ? especialy if you say so not from a religious point of vue (which can not be really argued and should be respected at least for the cultural and historical value of every "old" and "respectable" religion)

Originally posted by SSimon

by JoshNorton
No. The unfinished pyramid is not a symbol used by Freemasons.

Fair enough.. then by who ?

by JoshNorton
As far as the symbol appearing on the Great Seal of the United States, the 13 steps of the pyramid represent the original 13 colonies, with God overseeing the building of our nation, which is, even today, still a work in progress.

Well.. your interpretation is quite positive and patriotic

From my "theory" I would say the space between the bottom and the top means "not from this world".

new topics

top topics

join