It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well here it goes....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have read recently on the anti-pirating acts further being more watched. I was stumbling upon old websites and so on/so forth, and decided to watch a quick movie online. And this is what i was hit with....

www.movies-links.tv...

I didn't see anyone post the first example of a site literally being shut down, and drum roll please....

The first step into censoring the internet, seizing domain names through a legal warrant.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
for all of you that don't want to click the link.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
first time i seen this.... Nice find. Must of been a USA held domain for them to take it. If it was in another country then who would of been the pirates?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This was covered already here.

There were 9 in the first wave, most of which have already spawned their mirrors or clone sites in other countries.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Yep last time they took the site down a few days ago it was up within 15 minutes under a different name.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

.tv is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the islands of Tuvalu.
Wikipedia

So how does that work? The US has jurisdiction over a foreign nation?

EDIT: Shouldn't this thread be under something other than Survival?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
actually you can still use that site. i just watched kick-ass. just go to ovguide.com and type the movie title in the search box a list of sites will come up and you just click on the site

new topics

top topics

join