It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I mis-click on those horses one more time...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well....I'll just have to hit the back button one more time.

Not sure if this is annoying to anyone else...but I use the sides of the pages to click to get focus back to the page for scrolling...and now I keep clicking the horses and going to the video...it is kind of annoying.

Is this just me...or anyone else feel the same way?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I tend to use the scroll on the mouse, also i am used not clicking unless im sure what im clicking.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

LMAO!!!!!!!!

I wanted to start a thread about the exact same thing but I am not much for making threads and thought I was crazy for letting it bother me.

I feel a little better now.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
I tend to use the scroll on the mouse, also i am used not clicking unless im sure what im clicking.

That is exactly what my problem is. I have too many windows open and usually to bring my browser back up front, i go where the horses are and click the scroll wheel. It is habit.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
perhaps its time to purchase a second monitor, it would definitely help you.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Ha ha! Yeah, I have done that a few times.

You just need to make a concentrated effort to change where you click when on ATS. Just saying........it's not like I don't forget and click and then, ooops.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Oh my goodness. I do the same thing. So many times! So frustrating!!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well there is primitive solution to this dilemma, you could open a separate window for ats and shrink its horizontal width to only allow the body to be shown, that way, your mouse will not click on the horses.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well,I use to have that issue and it is annoying.

I use Firefox for my browser and there is a add on that allows you to enlarge the web page and it remembers it.

I just enlarge the page so that all the annoying stuff on the side does not show.

Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Well there is primitive solution to this dilemma, you could open a separate window for ats and shrink its horizontal width to only allow the body to be shown, that way, your mouse will not click on the horses.

I have 3 monitors and I know what I can do but thanks.

Like I said, my biggest problem is that it is habit. Those horses were empty green space for a long time and it is automatic. Thanks for the advice though.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I've heard that horses like apples.

Just a thought...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Well....I'll just have to hit the back button one more time.

Not sure if this is annoying to anyone else...but I use the sides of the pages to click to get focus back to the page for scrolling...and now I keep clicking the horses and going to the video...it is kind of annoying.

Is this just me...or anyone else feel the same way?

Nope. Get "Nosquint" added onto your FF browser. On my laptop i enlarge to 130% for ATS...but your resolution might be different.

i also like a black background with white letters. Nosquint will allow me to set other websites (like Google) toalways be that way for me. So i don't get blinded by the white screen (i have light sensitive eyes).

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Don't forget you can Ctrl + to enlarge the screen. When using my laptop I will do that to avoid those edges on ATS. Though it would be better if the edges where not hyperlinks in the first place.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
What horses?

Its a conspiracy isn't it!

But really...what horses? I seriously don't see any freakn' horses.

LOL nevermind sorry. I use firefox and actually didn't see them till I zoomed out! Just goes to show how effective it is I guess

[edit on 7-7-2010 by JJRichey]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Do they get money if I just open the page? If so, I'll click it everyday at least once. I won't buy anything or actually read what is on the link though, I go into automatic exit mode in the event of a pop up or redirect.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I've accidentally clicked the horses a few times as well. It's incredibly annoying. How is that supposed to make me want to watch the video? If anything, I'm just like "god I'm sick of these f#$%#$% horses" and go back immediately.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I'm gonna make some ppl mad...this is not my intention...name them!

Give a name to an inatimate object, its easier to avoid.

Jay Leno on th left, Sara Jessica, on the right.

I have a dancing widget on both of their faces...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

That is exactly what my problem is. I have too many windows open and usually to bring my browser back up front, i go where the horses are and click the scroll wheel. It is habit.

Use ALT+TAB to switch windows you can scroll without clicking.. at least I can

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Yup, I have this problem too, every time they use clickable side images.

I know there are ways around it on my end, but I still think it's obnoxious web-design to have what looks like just a background image be an active link.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I agree, very annoying. The way I see it, from working with websites and in marketing, it is just a cheap trick to increase the hit numbers on the page to increase over all ability to sell website sponsors and advertising space.

We all know it's about money, so annoying members is of no concern as long as they can bump their numbers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join