It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid Fault surface rupture of the roads and highways

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Report FROM New Madrid Fault area: The surface rupture of the roads and highways is out of control. This was mailed to me by a friend who lives in IN. I live on the new madrid fault. And I can tell you this.

The surface rupture of the roads and highways is out of control.

Also, everyday of the week the structure of my moms home is "cracking" and shifting. You can hear the walls and the surface crack.

Nearby is a dollar general store. In that parking lot there are 3 flagpoles that "vibrate" violently. (not shaking from wind) Each and everyday, the roads "blow" up potholes. U.S. 41 is ruptured severely.

Interstate 65 is also badly damaged. They keep trying to repave them but it doesn't work.

The cline ave bridge at points is closing.

This bridge and off ramps leads right into Inland steel and LTV steel and BP amoco.

So far, I believe 5-7 bridges have been shut down or are scheduled for closing because they are unsafe.

I monitor the earthquakes daily. And as you know there are far too many happening too quickly.

I believe the general public has been misled. In my opinion, the 2012 shift is happening now, but everyone has been conditioned to believe that they still have time to prepare for the main event.

Thats b.s. It doesn't happen all at once.

In Momence Illinois, some of the buildings are beginning to "sink".

In cedar lake Indiana, the same is happening.

The bottom line is this; Buildings are cracking, parking lots can't be fixed, roads and bridges are closing every week, sidewalks are sinking and sinkholes are opening everywhere. At time day or night, you can literally feel the earth "vibrate" below your feet.

My friend lives in Northwest Indiana, and believes we are about to get hit with a earthquake of biblical proportions. We are surrounded by propane, natural gas and bp amoco refineries.

And, Im more than concerned what will happen when the new madrid erupts.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I would advise you to get out of there, right away. It sounds like this, like the Tennessee flooding, is going to be another disaster that the MSM will ignore until it is well underway.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This sure is making the rounds on forums, I was interested, and found almost the exact same post all over the place.

Do you have any pictures?

Or links?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
same story as op here revolutionradio.org.... I thought somebody was giving personal info.

I found this from 2006 and it sounds interesting.

www.showme.net...

[edit on 7-7-2010 by jam321]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, the New Madrid Fault connects to the Gulf of Mexico, near the BP oil spill.

Draining all that oil is likely to create some massive sink holes.

One of Edgar Cayce's predictions shows the U.S. splitting from the great lakes to the gulf of Mexico.

Check out the map of recent quakes along this fault.
www.showme.net...

[edit on 7-7-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The New Madrid Fault is a very serious thing, however I think it's probably a lot more likely the sinking, cracking, and shifting are the product of erosion, weather (particularly the flooding of the past year) and too long deferred maintenance. Around here at least, many of the "repairs" we see are just patch jobs, they are bound to fail when the next bad weather comes.

All over the United States infrastructure projects have been tabled for a very long time due to lack of funding. Everything is crumbling a little around the ages, including the homes of people who can't afford maintenance. it's not as exciting as 2012 but in the end possibly as disastrous.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
On page 2 of this thread

5 Arkansas Earthquakes in 2 days?

That same story is told by someone else. I think if the situation were that bad, there would be more independant accounts of it.

Arkansas is on the New Madrid Seismic zone, check that other thread for some good information.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I have seen this story pop up more then once in the past weeks about the New Madrid seismic zone extending into the GOM....

Personally I suspect that the DeSoto Central High and the New Madrid seismic system are about to hook up..

One thing we could do to delay this event is try to extract the fluid in the fractures (that can act as a lubricant) between these two systems.

oh wait, we are "releasing" a lot of fluid out of the Gulf region lately. What a coincidence.....

Oh well, at least my paranoia and lack of knowledge in these matters are keeping me entertained.

Peace

[edit on 7-7-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ddarkangle2bad

I already gave you S&F, but this info is very important and you need to ask your friend to send you photos or video. Otherwise, your thread will be only words.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I agree, I would like to see some pictures too, The Madrid Fault line is something that really peaks my curiousity

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Here's an interesting point of view ... there could be a connection between the New Madrid and the Gulf of Mexico...

educate-yourself.org...

Toni

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ddarkangle2bad

I was in CL this weekend and didn't notice any problems. Then again I don't live close to there. So, I wouldn't know if something was out of the ordinary or not. Just passing through to a friend's on the lake for a bit. Even on cline too for about a block, but not the bridge. Couldn't tell you if it was open or not.

But I didn't notice anything vibrating or shaking except for the when the big fireworks went off. Keep us informed though if you can. I personally didn't see anything strange though and nobody else said anything about it.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by tinfoilman]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Same story, word for word, here: www.fourwinds10.com...

And here: www.godlikeproductions.com...

And here:
www.google.com... zD-c9bVCQeVkiIAj475CthAqLA

And here:
www.google.com... huqpRIk-gJDafz0hU__Imweog

And here:
www.google.com... 29621a51635253c0e&ei=pEQ0TOadLYS8lQfAvLm-Cw&usg=AFQjCNFcKYaBBsjr8T_ClkA747K8NGQ2mA

And here:
www.google.com... Q0TOadLYS8lQfAvLm-Cw&usg=AFQjCNG-Ijv4B4f5eURXOAJDVE6WaOejcA

And here:
www.google.com... %3Dactivity&ei=pEQ0TOadLYS8lQfAvLm-Cw&usg=AFQjCNEdKKC0zerfhzqsrlS3I9F0aNfXYQ

And here:
www.google.com... pEQ0TOadLYS8lQfAvLm-Cw&usg=AFQjCNF06Vad57i3ObReaYadHxc-rQFF9Q

All that is just from the first page of a Google search. Your friend probably did not write the e-mail. He copied and pasted. No legitimate sources came up. Of course we're likely to have an earthquake at some point, because we're on a fault.

Is the only reason your friend "believes we are about to get hit with a earthquake of biblical proportions" is because he read this and took it for face value?

Does he live in the area or was that just part of the e-mail that you copied and pasted? If he lives in the area, can he verify any of this as being true??? Any legitimate sources?

[edit on 7/7/2010 by Blueracer]

[edit on 7/7/2010 by Blueracer]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Here's interesting and extremely detailed info about Earth changes, especially in and around North America. Hope it helps.

www.zetatalk.com...

Toni

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

I found your link very interesting, has me glued to the screen lol
On reading through the site i found a number of interesting things, this being the most interesting.......

Gulf Quake Felt From La. to Fla.
Sep 10, 2006

The largest earthquake to strike the eastern Gulf of Mexico in the last 30 years sent shock waves from Louisiana to southwest Florida Sunday, but did little more than rattle residents. The magnitude 6.0 earthquake, centered about 260 miles southwest of Tampa, was too small to trigger a tsunami or dangerous waves. The USGS received more than 2,800 reports from people who felt the 10:56 a.m. quake. Scientists said it was the largest and most widely felt of more than a dozen earthquakes recorded in the region in three decades. The most prevalent vibration, which lasted for about 20 seconds, was felt on the gulf coast of Florida and in southern Georgia. But residents in Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana also called in reports. The epicenter is an unusual location for earthquake activity, but scientists recorded a magnitude 5.2 temblor in the same location on Feb. 10. The temblor was unusual because it was not centered on a known fault line.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
If I'm not mistaken, the New Madrid Fault connects to the Gulf of Mexico, near the BP oil spill.

Draining all that oil is likely to create some massive sink holes.

One of Edgar Cayce's predictions shows the U.S. splitting from the great lakes to the gulf of Mexico.

That is....IF the oil field extends all the way up to the Gulf of Mexico.
I will have to look for those at another time.
The question is, why doesn't the public have access to geological maps of this supposed huge oil field?
You know, the one that reaches from the Gulf to the Great Lakes?
I know the New Madrid fault runs through there, but not this 'oil field'.
The same one that Cayce predict will split the continental USA in half?

I am curious and skeptical at the same time.

I can't imagine what is going to happen if the leak isn't stopped.
Let's just say the oil field empties into the Gulf...
With the ocean currents taking the oil globally, and alot of the freshwater disappearing from the North American Continent...
Now you ARE talking about disasters of biblical proportions.
That would probably ruin about 1/3 of all the water on Earth.

Just my $0.002 (adjusted to hyper-inflation...or about what a new penny is worth)

Interesting to say the least.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Originally posted by zzombie

I keep seeing this statement whenever the New Madrid fault is discussed. I saw a map recently that showed the split that would be caused by this emptying of the lakes into the Mississippi. Now I can see how a quake along this fault line could possibly rupture Lake Michigan, but fail to see how the other four lakes could empty into the Mississippi River. Could someone elaborate on this as I live very close to Lake Erie.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
can someone tell me which side of this fault is sinking and which is rising,,

I saw all the links but none tell if east or west is sinking

I cannot find the link and still looking of it but,

I do remember see a map of the oil resevour, and it is is going up under the new madrid fault area all the way to the great lakes,,

I can never get a pic to embed here on ats or I would draw it the best can remember.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
"Earthquake to strike New Madrid fault. It will be so powerful it will rip ahole in the center of the US and allow the Gulf of Mexico to pour in and create a new body of water in the middle of the continental US. Scientists say the potential is real, and now, even likely with plate shift. It is tectonically active.

They have discovered the GoM is likely origin for the New Madrid seismic activity. N.M. seismic zone is directly connected with geological features in GoM.

The EQ zone connects with the Monroe uplift, LaSalle Arch and active seismic zone around Sabine Lake on Texas-Louisiana border.

It will devastate Memphis, and St. Louis, Mo.
Also devastation in Ill., Ky., Indiana, Ala., Miss., Ark., and Tenn. "

copied this from somewhere recently. Will try to back track for source.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have not heard any damage to 65 or 41 in Indiana. Any details on where exactly?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join