It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fully armored Rolls Royce: Ride out the apocalypse in style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hummer, schmummer.

Whether you are pursuing a truckfull of ruffians who thought they were being cute by stealing your iodine and antiboidics stash, or simply cruising around the blasted, hellish wasteland looking to see what you can scavange for yourself and your loved ones, you could do much worse than to pick this vehicle for your post-SHTF wayfaring.

Despite its sedate image, this Rolls is capable of acceleration and sustained speeds that will allow it to outrun the most sinister-looking muscle car out there. Remeber, these same folks make jet engines. Good ones. And in the unlikely event that the ultra-reinforced, special tires are damaged in some way, it can run at top speeds for staggering distances on the rims alone, without any damage.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7bff4aabb3a.jpg[/atsimg]

[The] fully armored Rolls-Royce Phantom [is] able to withstand everything from a direct assault with an AK-47 to a poison gas attack.Engineered to the highest international protection rating, the armored Phantom is virtually indistinguishable from the standard version to lure attackers into a false sense of security.

The car features high-tech fiber composites and special steel plating to provide protection for the bodywork, with bulletproof glass for all windows and its own oxygen supply in the trunk in case of a gas attack. The ultra-luxe car's aluminum spaceframe chassis and suspension have been strengthened and the 453 hp powertrain remains unchanged, while nothing has been sacrificed in the way of luxury, refinement and comfort.

More at source:
www.luxist.com...

A few general specs for the Rolls Royce Phantom class in general:

It has a 6.75 L, 48-valve, V12 engine that produces 453 hp (338 kW) and 531 ft·lbf (720 N·m) of torque...the Phantom can accelerate to 100 km/h (60 mph) in 5.7 s. It has a six-speed automatic transmission and double wishbone suspension.

Source:
limousinegallery.blogspot.com...

Happy motoring!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Nice, I want.

The sales figures should be a pretty good indication of how bad it's about to get out there. Any idea on how well this has been selling?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by slane69]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Nice but unless it runs on Air it will be useless in a post apacolyptic world, unless you live in the Gulf of Mexico

Stilll wnt 1 though!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by slane69
Nice, I want.

The sales figures should be a pretty good indication of how bad it's about to get out there. Any idea on how well this has been selling?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by slane69]

Not sure. Rolls has made armored cars for decades (Lawrence of Arabia was a fan). A few years ago, an armored phantom went for over $3 million. The new version is $1.5 million or so, I believe,. and there doesn't seem to be any reducition in performace, specs, etc. Still not exactly peanuts, but a 50% price cut suggests that even TBTB are doing a bit of penny-pinching. Or maybe they've already got a few each in their bunker garagess.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Um, the fact that somebody envisioned a market for this is just plain creepy, isn't it? Geez, what IS the world coming to?

I am further creeped out by the fact that last night I had a dream about a car. It was ugly as all getout but I was thrilled to get it. It was huge, had a coffee maker inside, and electric outlets. I woke up feeling like it was some kind of survival car.

Please don't read my mind again tonight--

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
what kinda mpg can we expect from this? can it be converted to run on bio diesiel kinda seems like a death trap if thers no gas but i guess if u wanted a safe place to wait out a gas attack it would work depending on how long the o2 lasts i dunno just seems like false comfort to me but it does look mighty cool!!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
what kinda mpg can we expect from this? can it be converted to run on bio diesiel kinda seems like a death trap if thers no gas but i guess if u wanted a safe place to wait out a gas attack it would work depending on how long the o2 lasts i dunno just seems like false comfort to me but it does look mighty cool!!

Heh, this site is dishing up some pretty disappointing MPG figures for the Phantom class in general...like 18 on the highway. They say it is variable. I think you are right about fuel conversion in the long run. But for near-term post-apoc road plundering, it beats even the legendary"last of the V8 Interceptors", IMHO.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My favorite car is a Rolls Royce Corniche Covnertible.

top topics

join