It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lights Are Going Out For Free Speech On the Internet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
[edit on 7/7/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gaiagirl

I think your comment put it into perspective more than anything anyone else said. How willwe know what s going on with the rest of the world when we get cut off from each other? Damn the thought of it sucks, there are days when all I have to keep me going is this lifeline.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I can just envision Obama ordering all ISPs to pull the plug by executive order for reasons of "National Security". It just wouldn't surprise me. One of the bills he tried to get passed early in his administration gave him the authority to take control of various utilities that use the internet, including telecom companies, of which ISPs would loosely fall under.

They always pull that crap and make it sound benign but in reality they are burying text with far reaching implications somewhere in the text. This administration has already shown their disregard and contempt for the ordinary citizen.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It's the people who think they can post any gibberish on the internet, are causing this to happen. True there is freedom of speech on internet, but how wisely is it being used? Aren't people abusing their liberties?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I catagorically deny that ###### is any sort of censorship ##### ## the internet. ####### seems to me that #### who is in the #### would know that ######## ##### ## ### ### in the end.
The most important thing to remember is that ##### and #### needs a ######## ####### to be fully #### .
So there we have it.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by daggyz]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yeah-Alright
It's the people who think they can post any gibberish on the internet, are causing this to happen. True there is freedom of speech on internet, but how wisely is it being used? Aren't people abusing their liberties?

Gibberish? Just because something does not agree with you? Who amongst are so wise to define another's freedom of speech and honesty as gibberish?

Regardless if gibberish, rubbish or wisdom, it is still one's freedom to speak up and be heard. It's the content of the speech that one needs to analyze and rationalize together in a community that can define if indeed it is something true and practical or impractical, enough for action or no action to be taken.

The only ones who abuses liberties are those who sought to silence humanity.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by Yeah-Alright

Gibberish? Just because something does not agree with you? Who amongst are so wise to define another's freedom of speech and honesty as gibberish?

Regardless if gibberish, rubbish or wisdom, it is still one's freedom to speak up and be heard. It's the content of the speech that one needs to analyze and rationalize together in a community that can define if indeed it is something true and practical or impractical, enough for action or no action to be taken.

The only ones who abuses liberties are those who sought to silence humanity.

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should."
What about the incessant fear-mongering they are causing to people through internet. FYI, I am not talking about people who express their opinions freely, it's about people who forget their code of conduct 'cos they think they are under a hidden identity and they can write any vile thing or even devise a conspiracy and spread it like wildfire. This clearly explains why any free system can be abused easily 'cos of notorious people and there should be checks on it, of course not curbing the entire system.

After all internet too constitutes part of people's real lives and just like there should be law and order in a country, there should be regulations or code of conduct on internet too. And there is no denying the fact that there are certain websites that should be outrightly banned!

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Yeah-Alright]

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Yeah-Alright]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
There are two reasons why you cannot ever stop the internet: hackers and crackers.

Do you really think that people are going to sit back and allow the government to pull a "kill switch" on the internet? It's not going to happen.

Don't get all worked up in fear for nothing.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

No problem.

So many young freethinkers are brilliant and they will find an alternative internet.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
When the people of America are pushed to the point of finally realizing that their freedoms are being taken away, especially their freedom of speech, it will be at that point the NEW WORLD ORDER will realize that they have "awakened a sleeping giant!"

~ MidnightPoet

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caveat Lector
The internet is the last bastion of freedom. The minority owned media is scared out of their brains over this. Zionists hate Google because they cannot control it

lol google is the best way to counter a whole nation
restrict which site come up when you google
flag system to notify authorities when you read the wrong pages ect

dont get me started on trace book (facebook)

these guys do stuff and pass laws about 2 years before they need them

remember the internet isint just isp level
DNS Servers
Switches (programed)
routers
but main pipes from country to country
thats a diff story
in new zealand asia net comm ownes one of the pipes to austrlia
china told them to block some conspiracy sites and to get acesss i had to proxie to the usa via the trans adlantic pipe

dns became a problem because if a www. cant be resolved to ip your browser cant find the web site

the net can be controlled

and it wont be all off only the ones who they deny acess

remember you have an ip too

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeofthetiger
reply to post by gaiagirl

I think your comment put it into perspective more than anything anyone else said. How willwe know what s going on with the rest of the world when we get cut off from each other? Damn the thought of it sucks, there are days when all I have to keep me going is this lifeline.

you should watch the move surragates with bruce willis

it makes you think a mixture of real life is required to be alive

im a keyboard jocky more than real life worrior

lol

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It would be a pretty tough thing to shut down the Internet. Do you know how many programmers and net-workers are out there. How many think tanks there are who work on software and hardware. Just remember the roots. MS-DOS, TELNET. Old communication methods. It will never be completely shut down. It can and will come close but certain people will always be browsing through the underbelly of the net in terminals somewhere. Thanks for the post.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by therealnews]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaiagirl
The internet is the last frontier for freedom of speech. It belongs to the world. I am so saddened, I can't even put how I feel into words. What will we do when they cut us off from each other? How will we ever know what's REALLY going on in the world? You can't trust MSM to tell the truth anymore. It seems as if the world is becoming more Orwellian by the day.

you need to press the button for the light. You walk in the dark and beside of your shoes.

The rich and those that rule have always found the egg of Columbus to keep people away from there business and the old game of the Ceasars, "bread and games" goes still on.

The Internet will not be censored, 90% of all people tell and say and relate is bullsh.t anyway and those that gave you this wonder-tool of stupid occupation know that and laugh about all the fools that play there game.

Go trough tis site for example and get all the crap, Ike, Jones, Maxwell, Tsarion and so on and you're in the circus. Hail Cesar, you made it, they are all happy like children and they do not see what we do.

So, don't worry, THEY will allow you to play and write your cabbage for a long long more time.

All is not the way you see it, all is the way you think about it and relate to, except the Internet. By playing there game it is the way they see it and the way they want you to think about it. Big Brother is watching you ....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join