It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manson family member Van Houten denied parole again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Manson family member Van Houten denied parole again

www.cnn.com

California's parole board Tuesday refused to release onetime Manson family acolyte Leslie Van Houten, finding the 60-year-old remains dangerous more than four decades after the group's Southern California murder spree.

The board found that Van Houten "still poses a risk to society," spokesman Luis Patino said. The decision marks the 19th time that she has been denied parole, and she won't be eligible again until 2013, Patino said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well I think this is just stupid.

I mean come on, how much repenting does one need to do in order to be released?

She obviously had enough time to become a decent human being, hopefully anyway.

Van Houten called Manson "an opportunist of the cruelest, most vicious kind," but she was quick to emphasize that she accepts blame for her role in the crimes.

I think she's quite reformed and could do very well for herself if released.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

For Her crimes She should spend the rest of Her days in Prison. She's a freaking Animal,Like the rest of the Manson Family. Sounds like She's really good at Jailhouse Conversions

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that she will never be paroled. This is one of the most high profile cases of all-time that not only involved the death of a celebrity, but her unborn child. The Family are lucky that Manson took the brunt of the court's wrath considering that he didn't murder anyone and he wasn't even present for the Tate murders. While this is a case with extenuating circumstances, most people who are capable of the crimes that Van Houten was a part of don't ever become rehabilitated, despite what they say.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by tothetenthpower

For Her crimes She should spend the rest of Her days in Prison. She's a freaking Animal,Like the rest of the Manson Family. Sounds like She's really good at Jailhouse Conversions

I disagree. In my opinion I believe anyone who has turned their life around for the better deserve a second chance. It's not our place to cast judgment and/or punishment. She will have to answer to her maker for her actions. I say give her a chance.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well In this case i feel she got lucky that she didnt get death as her punishment. She should suck it up and sit in her cell. I do believe that she should be removed from a maximum security to maybe a medium security jail. However i believe that they may have her there for her own safety.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sure. She can have her second chance, all the repenting and soul searching she can stand and the ability to work towards a brighter future for herself and those around her - IN JAIL - where there's a will, there's a way. She needs to stay exactly where she is.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I can understand intellectually why it seems hard to keep someone in jail for all these years for something they did long ago, and it seems mean to hold them accountable years later, but there is so little focus on the rights of the victims while we bend over backwards for the criminals' rights. As a family member of a murder victim (my Grandma) I don't see how the passage of time changes the fact of the murder. In this case, the killers did not give their victim even one chance to change anything, let alone nineteen. The victim and her unborn child got taken out forever, completely and brutally, painfully, and I am positive, filled with fear for as long as she was conscious. No do-overs for them. Likewise, just because it took ten years to get through the appeals process for my Grandma's murderer, he wasn't any less guilty due to the passage of time and I didn't feel one bit of sympathy when he finally got the electric chair. The only thing I cared about was that he can never again do what he did to my Grandma to anybody else's family member, and no other family will have to go through that pain again because of him. Relief and release from fear is what I felt.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
She should remain in jail - they said she remains dangerous. Not only that, her reputation would never allow her to have a normal life on the outside even if she wasn't a danger.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
No sympathies here. She can rot away in there for all I care.
She's also institutionalized, there would be no hope for her on the outside anyway.

Rot.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
They still haven't killed all the Mason family members yet? I'm surprised the wannabe fans are already showing their true colors to these horrible people.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
She murdered people in cold blood. I don't believe in the death penalty but I believe the minimum she should do is die in prison. I don't think she should be released for any reason at all. She admitted that she killed these people.

Where is the second chance for the murder victims? Where is the first chance for the unborn child? It was cold blooded and premeditated. She knew what she was doing and knew what the consequences could be. She deserves the punishment that she recieves.

new topics

top topics

join