It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Urges Citizens to Conserve Energy (and jet fuel!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Iran Urges Citizens to Conserve Energy (and jet fuel!)

www1.voanew s.com

The European Union says it has banned most of Iran Air's planes from flying in its airspace Tuesday because of safety concerns.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Seems that the sanctions are getting hot.

Aside from the US cutting funds to the revolutionary guard (yes, we were doing that), it seems that the sanctions re beginning to have serious aftershocks.

While I would agree hazard at risking civilian lives, understand that this IS what happens thanks to us. You, the people, have voiced what you think of a war occurring. So they are doing this instead.

www1.voanew s.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Well they really should say this another way. They're not urging their citizens to conserve. They're basically instituting war rations.

Voluntary or Mandatory is all I want to know.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Iran is pretty nice to its people. I'd say voluntary for now.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
No. As oil rich as Iran is, it has no refining capabilities and is dependent on imports. And now they're cut off from the fuel they need to power their country. This is one of the reasons they were developing nuclear energy.

P.S. Even if they're not running all that short, they will be dramatic about it.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Honestly that is a conspiracy in and of itself. The chances of Iran becoming oil independent and the evil US wanting them on their fat lard schedule?

Interesting. But they have not vouched for this reason. So I cannot say I know.

So for now the US is in the right, until civilians die. Then they went too far.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
No. As oil rich as Iran is, it has no refining capabilities and is dependent on imports. And now they're cut off from the fuel they need to power their country.

And their military. Just like Japan.

The US had made this mistake before. These sanctions aren't going to end well. Thankfully this time Iran is on the other side of the world and my country won't come under threat from a failed foreign policy decision of another country.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

when you restrict spare parts for planes which risk saftey of passengers, you might aswell be responsible if these planes crash for the people that die,

and these Ban has nothing to do with the current sanctions but the safety of the aging fleet.

we have countries that have ignored the NPT and have nukes and the US has gone a step further in the case of India to supply them with more nuclear assistant but has gotten into tangles with China who wants to provide pakistan with the same status so it can sell nuclear tec to them.

the hypocracy coming from these countries is full of so much crap

they are willing to arm and help countries which have broken the NPT and even spread nuclear weapons tec to far as north Korea and even south africa when it was under apathide.

hopefully the Iranians remain strong on this and can stand their own ground as the dogs wage their war.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The U.S. is in the right? Most nations of the world believe that Iran has every right to harness nuclear capabilities. Because the U.S. and Israel managed the coerce and control and otherwise convince 12 of 15 members of the U.N. Security Council into voting for sanctions makes them "right?"

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Sure they do. But why is Iran so uptight about it, while the other 10 to 20 some odd nations of the world trying the same exact thing have no problem doing it? If all they wanted to do is harness nuclear power, then there would be no issue.

Just look at the map

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Well, gee, lets think about why they're so uptight. Could it be that they've been fighting slander and have been in the crosshairs for over a decade now? And that's just recent history. I'd be a little uptight too.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

and how many of those countries are having sexual intercourse with the US?
as i recall Iran hasnt broken any NPT laws, the US just feels it needs to restrict what it can do which it Iran has legaly the right to do in the first place, even so the nuclear reactor being built is from the US era of Iran

untill the US says something about Israel (which it doesnt want to say or do anything about when it comes to its nuclear arsenal)

India which it granted special status
and pakistan which china wants to do the same

Iran has every right to give the one middle finger salute

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

when you restrict spare parts for planes which risk saftey of passengers, you might aswell be responsible if these planes crash for the people that die,

[edit on 6-7-2010 by illusive man]

Um, I'd think that if you allowed a plane to take off that wasn't flight-worthy then you'd have to hold yourself responsible.

JMO...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Nope. I'd just remain in stoic calm and not care about what others say. Slander only matters to those who care to respond to it.

As far as it goes, I've seen Iran do some crazy things from banning pony tales to funding hate elsewhere.

If Iran was innocent, they could just do nothing and be fine and dandy.

Also, not many of those nations on the map have good relations with the US.\ south of the equator.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
As the Iranian Foreign minister said this is all part of a psychological war against Iran and this will increase until most people think Iran is useless without Western support .

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

On the contrary, it makes me thing that Iran is just plain bonkers. I don't consider a supplier of 10% of Chinese oil useless nor incompetent, nor do I deny the motivational factor of 4000 years of preserved culture.

What it does make me feel is that the president and his cronies need to step down. No war needed necessarily.

And of course there's the whole fact that if the US wanted, they could do this right now and never worry about a war, nor ever attack.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What it does make me feel is that the president and his cronies need to step down. No war needed necessarily.

What's so bad about the Iranian president and his 'cronies' that they have to step down?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
The U.S. is in the right? Most nations of the world believe that Iran has every right to harness nuclear capabilities. Because the U.S. and Israel managed the coerce and control and otherwise convince 12 of 15 members of the U.N. Security Council into voting for sanctions makes them "right?"

Well that's a rather popular albeit bogus claim. Any facts to back up such hearsay or is it just more rhetoric? Seriously. The sanctions are in place and now Iran must either play ball with the international community now arrayed against them or go without.

Good, Bad or Indifferent, there is a peaceful way out of it if they so choose to take it.

The ball is in their court.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Crazy laws, obstruction of freedom, etc etc... kinda like the last couple US regimes. lol. not much different advice for them.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I backed up this very same "claim" to YOU in another thread. You never bothered coming back to see the answer. Do I waste my time again?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join