It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Installation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTO

Originally posted by blackcrow1800
They denied it so long because they didnt have another place to test secret planes at now they dont care if everyone and there chinese cousin knows because nothing goes on there anymore. They probaly have most of there bases underground by now. They know putting it on the suface isnt safe anymore because Satellites so where else are they gonna put them.

Just a point here... we also know the orbits of all those satellites, as does everyone else... It's dead easy to avoid observation by a satellite by simply pushing an aircraft back into a hangar or having it airborne at the time of overflight...

Very true and to be honest its probably even more technical than that by now, in the past they've used disney's people (yeah the cartoon guy!) to disguise parts of the NTS from spies.
That was decades ago so if the want to make something invisible from above now I'd say they could do it, easily. Even satellite imagery is not very high res (from what I've seen) and surely has to be ok'd before its release.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaMale1953
Clue...check Pacific Ocean satellite imagery vs. published maps. Where did the island go?

Umm... The Pacific is a Very Big ocean! You clame you have found an island that doesn't show up on published maps? Can you previde us with a link to a satellite image of this "Phantom Island", or adlease the cordinates (latitude & longitude)where you saw it?

I'd like to fallow up on this Phantom Island, but what you gave me, isn't much of a starting point on it's own. What part of the Pacific should we look for this missing island in, Nortern, Souther, Wester?

Tim

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
My husband was working security at a grocery store chain 1996, when he met one of the truck drivers and they got to chatting. The gentleman said he had only, the past year, gotten out of the US military (showed husband his ID from military). This man said that there were, indeed, things that the public didn't know, going on at Area 51.

The man said that, and I'm paraphrasing, "there is everything you can think of going on there". Time travel, but only one way. Dimension travel, but again, only one way.

He said that he believes there are 7 races of aliens, or 7 habitable planets, based on the star charts that he saw. One race looks decidedly human. We are only lab rats to some races.

The reason Sagan, Seti, Big Ear haven't ever received signals...aliens won't let it happen. They know that we will eventually get out in space, and then we won't be able to be used as lab rats (?).

The aliens are from this reality/dimension. Government(s) know this...every President is taken there. He also said we (the US) has a fully functioning ship, bodies of two aliens, etc. (husband told me these things a while ago, and I took notes...trying to remember it all).

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Intriguing story, thx for sharing it!

CTO

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FibroKat
My husband was working security at a grocery store chain 1996, when he met one of the truck drivers and they got to chatting.

He met a TRUCK DRIVER (??????) who had access to the most highly restricted areas of the Annex??? I find it odd that someone that drives a truck would be privy to information that not even the CIA would be able to get their hands on...

Just a thought...

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
ok Lazar if you look which I have they "cleaned up" his background it is a cover up totally cause they did too well a job

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
After reading the thread, ALL of it I am left with a question:

Why not build a really kickass rc airplane, low altitude with cameras, to survey the area from a safe distance?
I had an idea years ago. Build an airplane with cameras and a video transmitter. Stay outside the area where they guard and fly it in. Set up dummy stations that are transmitting signals off the frequencey that is being used to control the plane to throw off any backtracing of the signal if only for a little while(I think that maybe using CB frequencies would be a good idea). Have the transmitter on the plane broadcast a TV signal so anyone on channel X can view it, while you are recording it. Chances are there won't be anyone around to pick up the signal but you. After you get a good flyover and lots of pics and video, land the plane and see who comes and gets it. Leave it there as flying it back to your location would be a bad idea. And if there's nothing out there to see, then we'll al know about it and look to other things.

And after learning a little about forensic science, put it together with rubber gloves in a clean area as to not leave any "items" that could lead to you.

I had a friend back in 1995 take a road trip out there and he saw these white vehicles off in the distance and was chased off. He said they were in desert camo BDU's with no id marks on them.

So why hasn't anyone done anything like this? I had a plan to but one thing led to another and I never had a chance.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
The question I have is "why did the government deny the existence of the base for so long?" I think it was pretty foolish for the government to do so when almost everyone knew where it was. By denying its existense that just raised more speculation about what really went on at the base.

It's a front. The alien technology is researched in a secret lab in my basement... sorry!

If there really is alien technology in government hands, I tend to think that it would be kind of like giving Leonardo DaVinci a busted TV. What can he do with it? Are we really so sophisticated as to be able to reverse-engineer such technology. And it would have to be significant technology. Think about how long it would take to fly to earth from the NEAREST solar system. Unless they have discovered an FTL drive, we are talking decades and more likely centuries.
My spin about the incredible secrecy is due to the fact that Area 51 is home to some serious military research. Do I believe we're alone in the universe? Doubtful. Have they visited us? Maybe. Do we have some of their broken toys? Again, maybe. Can we duplicate the technology? Unlikely.

Thanks for reading this....

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I heard there are several levels of security clearances at Groom Lake some of which include:

SCI/SAR/CCD/FDG/SI/TK

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
I heard there are several levels of security clearances at Groom Lake some of which include:

SCI/SAR/CCD/FDG/SI/TK

No Offense, but TK has nothing to do with Groom Lake. TK stands for Talent Keyhole, which is a special subcompartment of Keyhole Clearance. Keyhole is the project Code Name that covers all CIA/NRO imaging Spy Satellites. I don't know what the Talent subcomponent is, but I know for a Fact that anything containing the word Keyhole has something to do with satellites!

Tim

[edit on 25-10-2005 by ghost]

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have noticed on google earth at the moment there are a few white planes one is about to take of or be parked futher up the runway there are a number of white smaller planes ?

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngage
I have noticed on google earth at the moment there
are a few white planes one is about to take of or be
parked futher up the runway there are a number
of white smaller planes ?

Are you asking about the runways at A-51?

When you say "at the moment" does that mean
you think it's some kind of real time display?

The sat photos are several years old. They're
not live, by any means.

Can you post coordinates of the area you're
asking about?

Sarge

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was replying to the earlyer mention that there was activity the pictures of area 51 on google earth at this present time show a number of diffrent air crafts one on the run way. the co oridnates are 37 degress 14 03.10 n 115 degress 48 55.04 w if you miss out the degress and copy and past. then look around that area you will see a number of white planes?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I was replying to the earlyer mention that there was activity the pictures of area 51 on google earth at this present time show a number of diffrent air crafts one on the run way. the co oridnates are 37 degress 14 03.10 n 115 degress 48 55.04 w if you miss out the degress and copy and past. then look around that area you will see a number of white planes?

Those are Janets. B-737's. The one you see facing NW
is on taxiway 30 from Runway 14R/32L to the Janet terminal
north of hanger 18. The one you see facing NE, just north
of the large hanger (hanger 18) is in tow, likely from inside
Hanger 18 to the Janet parking area must north of there.

If you pan north from there to the NW corner of the
main part of the complex, near the 4 white, large hangers,
you'll see a pair of what are probably F-16's.

From there, go east just a bit to the Helispot area that is
just west of Runway 32Left/14Right. You'll see a pair of Blackhawk helos
facing south.

Again, keep in mind that those pics are several years old.
Best guess by the local observers is Spring 2003.

Sarge

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SgtCamo

Those are Janets. B-737's. The one you see facing NW
is on taxiway 30 from Runway 14R/32L to the Janet terminal
north of hanger 18. The one you see facing NE, just north
of the large hanger (hanger 18) is in tow, likely from inside
Hanger 18 to the Janet parking area must north of there.

If you pan north from there to the NW corner of the
main part of the complex, near the 4 white, large hangers,
you'll see a pair of what are probably F-16's.

From there, go east just a bit to the Helispot area that is
just west of Runway 32Left/14Right. You'll see a pair of Blackhawk helos
facing south.

Again, keep in mind that those pics are several years old.
Best guess by the local observers is Spring 2003.

Sarge

I recall seeing a program on the History Channel or Discovery Channel that took you as inside Area 51 as you are likely to get. The Discovery Channel is running the episode - or the likely episode this weekend. This is the link.

dsc.discovery.com...

As I remember it, the commercial jets were used to shuttle the staff from Las Vegas to the complex.

When I was in the service, I recall several bases that had high security areas that it was unwise to even approach. My spin on the rationale for this is more counter-espionage than alien conspiracy. This is likely the birthplace of the SR71, the technology behind stealth aircraft, and the DoD only knows what else.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I ran across this excellant color photo of Groom Lake taken in 2003. You may have seen it already. Very excellant detail.

Groom Lake

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The 2003 photo is excellent and it is the most recent overhead shot available.

Unfortunately, it is already out of date as there has been more construction since the image was taken. There is now a new hangar (H-24) on the east side of the Southend complex next to Hangar 9 and south of Hangar 23. Also, Hangar 19 (south of the center taxiway) has tripled in length since 2003.

For more recent ground-based images, check out:
www.dreamlandresort.com

Considering the number of hangars already extant, why did they need to build a new one?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by shantyman

My spin about the incredible secrecy is due to the fact that Area 51 is home to some serious military research. Thanks for reading this....

Couldn't be any more right! Ha!

I do know this, normally a company will work on an idea. Once it is well understood and applied, they will pass it off to a government branch or civilian company for use. For example, the new F-35 was worked on by Skunkworks until it was passed on to the "civilian" side of lockheed.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the scramjet was also in use long before NASA used it "officially". Skunkworks could have created and tested the engine and after it's "perfection" and/or a replacement technology was made, it was passed off to the government sector "Nasa" for use.

I do have a few books in my personal library which were sourced by former/current skunkworks employees which describe this process. Also, in my short time in the Avionics field in the Military, I've seen similar behavior.

So it is very likely Area 51 is only a bee hive of ideas... ideas are what really what needs to be guarded... ideas that can change and maintain the balance of global power.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i believe that area 51 does exist and i think they are using it for alot more than people actually know! one day the reality of truth will come out for everyone to see!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Did anyone see the docmentary last week on channel 5 on ufo's. It was talking about how the goverment have been making their own ufo based planes. It said in the second world war the germans found out how to create a new circular/disk aircraft. After the war russia and America tried making them. It is my belief that area 51 could be or maybe was one of these places. On the program it showed actuall footage of making the aircraft. Now it didnt work 100% but the program also showed people who had helped or influenced ufo's. One german who had actually supposedly given the german army the ufo idea, who then went to russia, then to america and another guy who manged to make a coil float. This made a strange red light which can be seen in some pictures. Aliens are real but what if the UFO's we see are just fakes!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join