It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never before seen UFO photos - Debunkers?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I am going to tell you a lie in order to prove how irrelevant most of your arguments are.

Nothing I post on this thread is the truth.

Now have I broken the TOS?

I told a lie but I warned you first or did I lie and post the truth afterward?

Could it be that I lied and told the truth?

What does it matter? The OP fooled some people and didn't fool others. I think you have a very one sided view, you refuse to examine the others side of the argument. You have spent hours arguing against anyone with a different perspective. Look at how many times some of you have gone back through all the pages so that you could quote something posted. If you would put as much effort into actually trying to contact an alien, we would probably know the truth by now.

While those still posting their view on this thread are trying to prove their point. I am still reading everything posted and laughing at the ignorance of it all.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

That's at least twice you've had a titter as you stated. All well and good once you have got past the opening thread. Do you know the OP is hoaxing even though he says so? and all you have got to offer is a titter of other peoples ignorance.... of what?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by ChicUFO

That's at least twice you've had a titter as you stated. All well and good once you have got past the opening thread. Do you know the OP is hoaxing even though he says so? and all you have got to offer is a titter of other peoples ignorance.... of what?

Don't worry. I'm taking over Chico's entire operation. He said I could.

Please U2U me your bank account details and I promise I will put the money to better use than he will.

Honest!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

thanks for your opinion on that pic, much appreciated.

and concerning that word "misperception", if you don't want it to be a word, then maybe it isn't a word for you. that is fine. on most posts i do type my responses out on a microsoft office word program, i never added it to the accepted list of words, and it recognizes it as a word, so that is one reason i believe it is a word.

pleasentries & stuff,
ET

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Moved to hoax forum. Wow.

The same thing would have happened if I would have made a post saying I caught these images on camera myself and that they were all 100% authentic.

Might need some new moderators or something.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Moved to hoax forum. Wow.

The same thing would have happened if I would have made a post saying I caught these images on camera myself and that they were all 100% authentic.

Might need some new moderators or something.

well with that logic it wouldn't matter, and considerin the tone of this thread, i doubt you'd make a better mod.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Nevertheless, good wake up call for people who are crazy about each and every UFO photo that is out there... I'm sure there are lot that are disappointed right now

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Actually I was a good moderator for the many years that I worked on another forum. The forum had 150,000+ members. Wasn't as large as ATS, but still it was experience none the less.

But, No way was I implying that I myself would make a better moderator. Just wondering why a thread that was created to show people how easily hoaxes were created (Specifically UFO related hoaxes) was moved to the hoax bin itself.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I totally agree. When I saw that this was moved to the Hoax forum, I thought maybe the Mods who moved it there didn't even read through the whole post... lol!

But really. The definition of hoax is "An act intended to deceive or trick," as per thefreedictionary.com. This post was never intended to deceive anyone. That's why there were BIG BOLD LETTERS proclaiming that this is FAKE. I can't believe it's in the Hoax forum, someone should put it back to where it originally was.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The way you did this post was very clever. To be honest i was convinced until i read the last line. Shows how gullible we all can be.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

reply to post by shagreen heart

...Just wondering why a thread that was created to show people how easily hoaxes were created (Specifically UFO related hoaxes) was moved to the hoax bin itself.

Now now, I have shown why you created this thread already. Let's not go down that path again, (You can't get "your kicks" from the gullible, if it is in the hoax bin?)

As for why it was moved, you broke the rules. Specifically rule number one, which I have posted several times. Here it is again:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

Since you guys can't read one sentence at a time, apparently, here is the EXACT PART YOU BROKE.

You will not post any material that is knowingly false, ..., or ...

You will not post any material that is knowingly ..., ..., or inaccurate.

See that?

Now, those pictures. Are those real, or false?

Now, those stories. Are those real, or false?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
whats the point - they all look fake, no one is going to believe you after the first round of basic photo analysis

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is pathetic.

A member comes here to show how easily a photo and story can be posted here that the "believers" will be so gaga over that they wont even take the time to read the whole first post.

Then when they find out that right in the original UN-EDITED opening post it was STATED as an example of what can be done. They are so humiliated that they missed that part they hit the alert button till their fingers bleed. All the while claiming that the OP was doing this for kicks....PATHETIC.( BTW: Im am a believer)

What is even worse is that the mods cater to that shista. No way is this an example of how ATS lets the members decide what goes to the HOAX board.

I would expect some pithy retort by the mods or the Overlord underlings that "many of our members that did not respond in the thread" blah blah blah....or...."This thread is in clear violation of T&C....Deny ignorance my left eyeball.

This thread should have been sticked on the UFO board as an example of why you must READ THE WHOLE FIRST POST BEFORE MAKING COMMENT!!

The mods, or whomever, must be avoiding the real issue in deference to the cry babies that can't read.

The real issue(s) have been fully covered by the op and many others in this thread !
Count them.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929

I totally agree. When I saw that this was moved to the Hoax forum, I thought maybe the Mods who moved it there didn't even read through the whole post... lol!

Thats probably what happened actually... haha.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with the moderators moving this thread to the hoaxes forum. I don't think they did it because of the thread being a hoax, they probably got tired of all the complaints from people who didn't read the first post. Without the move this thread would have become one of the longest running arguments in ATS history. It's just a shame that the people who didn't read the first post were offended and complained until they got their way.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I came back to prove a point.

Whats the difference between my thread and this one?:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=9205710#pid9205710

Theres no difference.

I wonder if it gets moved to HOAX because a 193 year old man actually doesn't live in that guys woods.

It was a good thread btw, worth a read.

Until people start poopooing that thread too. "You said a 193 year old man lived in your woods. You are just looking for laughs!!!"

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Let's see, the difference?

THAT OP DID NOT MAKE THE THREAD TO PICK ON THE GULLIBLE.

Unlike you

I sent the mods detailed U2U's about this thread. Unlike you, OP, and several others, the mods read my posts.

I pointed out MANY MANY times in the thread why it was going to be moved (or deleted). Then I pointed out the same things to the MODs.

Oh, and I notice you AVOID this question. So now I will ask it EVERY time until it is answered:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

Since you guys can't read one sentence at a time, apparently, here is the EXACT PART YOU BROKE.

See that?

So, are the pictures real or false?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

In all fairness, you have to be really really gullible to miss the big bold letters at the bottom of the post saying "ALL OF THESE PICTURES ARE MADE BY ME."

And actually, the definition of false is ": adjusted or made so as to deceive." This was not a thread meant to deceive. This was a thread meant to open your eyes. I don't see why you are so adamant that the OP meant to hurt you. Were you lazy enough not to read the whole thread? Did you miss the big statements saying the pictures were fake? I am assuming you are intelligent enough to read an entire thread before rebutting it, and if you were, then this thread shouldn't have hurt you at all. It should have made you smarter. And in fact, even if you keep SAYING that this was a trick meant to prey on the gullible (which it obviously wasn't), I am sure you will read the entirety of any post you want to comment on now...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

reply to post by adigregorio

In all fairness, you have to be really really gullible to miss the big bold letters at the bottom of the post saying "ALL OF THESE PICTURES ARE MADE BY ME."

Wasn't like that at the beginning. Did you read the whole thread?

...the definition of false is ": adjusted or made so as to deceive."

Um, you are wrong. Or rather, that statement you made is FALSE!

false
   /fɔls/ Show Spelled [fawls] Show IPA adjective, fals·er, fals·est, adverb
–adjective
1.not true or correct; erroneous: a false statement.

dictionary.reference.com...

Oh, and you forgot to answer something. I know you are not the op, but still:

See that?

I notice you cherry picked false, but ignored "inaccurate"

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

All of these photos have something in common.

Each of these photos were created by me. The stories are all fake.

Yeah, it was like that in the beginning...

First off, I got the definition of 'false' from the Merriam-Webster's dictionary. So no, it's not a false statement. It's merely a different definition, which, I think, deserves just as much credit.

But you're right, that in my haste, I forgot to talk about the 'inaccuracy' of the post. Here is the definition of inaccurate, as per wiktionary

Inaccurate: Mistaken or incorrect; not accurate

Nothing mistaken about this post. It was quite intentional. Also, nothing incorrect. The OP clearly stated "THIS IS NOT TRUE" at the bottom.

What I am aiming to say is this:
The whole point of those rules is to stop people from passing off something fake as something true. IE, to make a hoax. The OP didn't try to do that at all. The OP was passing off something fake as, well, something fake. To show us our weaknesses.

Now, I am sorry about the continual argument on this. I'm a debater at heart, and I don't like to be wrong lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join