It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil seeps into New Orleans' Lake Pontchartrain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Oil seeps into New Orleans' Lake Pontchartrain

news.yahoo.com

For the first time since the accident, oil from the ruptured well is seeping into Lake Pontchartrain, threatening another environmental disaster for the huge body of water that was rescued from pollution in 1990s to become, once more, a bountiful fishing ground and a popular spot for boating and swimming.

"Our universe is getting very small," Pete Gerica, president of the Lake Pontchartrain Fishermen's Association, said Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I guess I don't really understand how the oil has seeped into the lake, unless it is connected to the gulf. Either way, this is awful.

They just finally got this lake cleaned up and restocked with fish.

How much more of this can we take? Will the oil contaminate All our drinking water everywhere?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
NO! ARGH! I was there once. The water was so amazing, it looked like a mirror, it was so perfectly smooth and pure. After awhile of looking out the window (I think it's a 15-30 minute drive over the bridge) I became slightly hypnotized and I would become inflamed when I saw something disturbing it. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen... This is just horrible.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Over the July Fourth weekend, tar balls and an oil sheen pushed by strong winds from faraway Hurricane Alex slipped past lines of barges that were supposed to block the passes connecting the Gulf of Mexico to the lake.

Slipped past? Wow. Guess that wasn't such a good plan. What a shame.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Lake Pontchartrain is an estuary. I made a thread about this yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join