It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Enforcement and Secure Borders Are What Will Keep America Safe From Terrorists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You can't stop terrorism.

What is so hard to understand about this?

Give me a number here, how many troops do you think it would require for us to stop "terrorism" in Afghanistan?

Throw me a number.

1 million?

2 million?

4 million?

100 million?

Stopping "terrorism" involves addressing the root cause of the problem, which is predominantly a crappy economy. Sure the religious jihad types exist, and will always exist, but that can not be addressed so you go after the perps when they commit the crime. You don't enslave the entire population in a police state.

Do you know what your odds of being killed in a terrist attack are?

They are less than being struck by lightning.

600 billion a year in wartime costs to supposedly prevent something that has less chance of killing you than a lightning strike.

And you think I'm dumb?

The immigration problem only exists because of our welfare state. You don't lock us in like East Germany with a wall, you cut the freaking social welfare programs.

The drug cartels only exist because of drug laws. You don't militarize the border, you legalize drugs.

This is simple.

SIMPLE.

SIMPLE SOLUTIONS THAT WORK.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

I don't think your dumb. I do think you just don't get it. I know we cannot stop terrorism altogether, but we don't have to make it easy for them to get into the country.

I do not care about terrorism in Afghanistan. I care about it here inside our borders.

You say, " 600 billion a year in wartime costs to supposedly prevent something that has less chance of killing you than a lightning strike."

Tell that to the 3000 people who died in 911. 600 billion dollars.. it's worth 999 trillion dollars a billion times over if it keeps 3000 more people from getting killed like that.. How dare you put a money value on human life.

I agree that welfare programs for illegals should be cut out. But there are many illegals that don't use any welfare programs. Stupid people are willing to give them shelter and jobs because they work for cheap.

East Germany with a wall.. LOL.. that's funny.. having secure borders to let legals pass and illegals out are not the same thing as that situation.

You wanna legalize drugs? Not in my country pal.. we have too many legal or easy to get already. I am an ex drug user that used to think it would be great to legalize drugs.. and i've done everything under the sun. I have seen it ruin peoples lives so badly they are non functioning people or dead. That's just from the using of the drugs.. nothing to do with drug cartels or how those drugs came to be here.

Legalizing drugs will only seek to encourage people to use them, then it's a long slow road to Hell.

I do not care why drug cartels exist. Let them go exist someplace else, fine by me but get the ones who are here now out of the country.

You really think that if you legalize drugs the Cartels will suddenly say, " Oh well people don't need us no more.. we better go Legit and become Amway salesmen or get jobs at McDonalds."

These people will see the USA legalizing drugs as a threat to their income and fight back. They will undercut the Gov's price and still make money. They will still exist. It's the same any business man would do if someone took business away from them. Plus they may be forced to branch out into new illegal markets.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Just out of curiosity, what law is that exactly?, the federal law i mean.

I do not know what it's called but i'll look it up. I have heard people speak of it for years because I have had lots of cops in the family.

Also the Gov of Arizona recently remarked about it being a federal law that was the same as the state law they were proposing.

I'll try to find it exactly and post it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join