It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird problem, please help.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Have you been diber dabing in magic? Casue if you have you should of known that magik or magic( whatever you want to call it) should not be messed with by amatures. If you don't have the knowledge don't mess with it.

Point of order here... EVERYONE, when they first start, is an amateur anything, hehe...

Anyhoo...

This is in response to the first page only really...

Assassin, I think you're experiencing unconscious Astral Projection. Many people do this when they sleep (it's where precognitive dreams come from), but you may be doing this when lucid. Because you aren't familiar with doing it consciously, its scary, and almost painful, as you force yourself back to the material.... Try letting go once, and enjoy the ride, and you'll likely find more control over this... Just my two cents....

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
For the last time, this topic is not about music, please drop it.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Glad to see you back, Assassin351. You stamped out symbolism before & I was glad to see it put to bed. Now you've ruled out background music, & again I agree with you, cos the premise of this argument would have those with my musical tastes to be suffering bi-polar disorder or the like.

As you chose to post in this forum rather than the Medical one, I'm assuming that you feel your symptoms may be paranormal in origin. Gazrok has put forward another idea that could be applicable, and I confess I know nothing about astral projection myself.

Is there a chance that this could be an explanation, Assassin351?

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bastet
Glad to see you back, Assassin351. You stamped out symbolism before & I was glad to see it put to bed. Now you've ruled out background music, & again I agree with you, cos the premise of this argument would have those with my musical tastes to be suffering bi-polar disorder or the like.

As you chose to post in this forum rather than the Medical one, I'm assuming that you feel your symptoms may be paranormal in origin. Gazrok has put forward another idea that could be applicable, and I confess I know nothing about astral projection myself.

Is there a chance that this could be an explanation, Assassin351?

I dont think so, I did not feel like I was out of my body so to say I just felt like my mind was leaving me. It is really hard to explain how it felt but I am pretty sure it wasnt astral projection, though there still is a chance it might have been. Thanks for the comments.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Let us know how things go for you on Wednesday. I think you said earlier that more medical information [or perhaps it was test results] would be available to you then.

Ask as many questions as will give answers to your satisfaction. I hate it when medicos fob you off with mumbo-jumbo & obscure terminology.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Gazrok sounded right with the OBE thing, but you feel thats not it.

The sleep paralysis thing can manifest in different ways. Also, there are different types of sleep disorders that can pop up anywhere in life. Mine started after a traumatic experience at 21.

When you are sleeping you are not conscious and NOT aware of what your mind is doing....your mind IS doing something but we are usually not knowing of it at the time...There are varying stages of sleep and sometimes, as you are waking up, you become aware of things you normally dont notice--This can be a terrible experience seeming very unnatural.--These incidents have people convinced they have been abducted by aliens and raped by demons. A stay at a sleep disorder clinic have put some of these "victims" minds to rest.

My disorder had me feeling as if I was having a seizure...from buzzing and crackling sounds to violent vibrations....The vibrations were a "sensation" from within and not true tremors..the sounds we manifested, not real. An intense feeling of "electricity".--A feeling of melovence at times, not every episode. The were all slightly different. I thought I was nuts. This was initiated by sleep depravation, and exhaustion due to the loss of a loved one. It scared me to the point of forgetting how to breathe. I was so frightened. I couldnt start my breath back up

So, sometimes it is not physical or spiritual..It is mental, but still not so bad. I have episodes still after my traumatic experience 10 years ago, but they dont scare me like they did. I understand the chemistry of the brain is very complicated, and sometimes I just use that as my "answer" to these weird experiences.
Kristine

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
Gazrok sounded right with the OBE thing, but you feel thats not it.

The sleep paralysis thing can manifest in different ways. Also, there are different types of sleep disorders that can pop up anywhere in life. Mine started after a traumatic experience at 21.

When you are sleeping you are not conscious and NOT aware of what your mind is doing....your mind IS doing something but we are usually not knowing of it at the time...There are varying stages of sleep and sometimes, as you are waking up, you become aware of things you normally dont notice--This can be a terrible experience seeming very unnatural.--These incidents have people convinced they have been abducted by aliens and raped by demons. A stay at a sleep disorder clinic have put some of these "victims" minds to rest.

My disorder had me feeling as if I was having a seizure...from buzzing and crackling sounds to violent vibrations....The vibrations were a "sensation" from within and not true tremors..the sounds we manifested, not real. An intense feeling of "electricity".--A feeling of melovence at times, not every episode. The were all slightly different. I thought I was nuts. This was initiated by sleep depravation, and exhaustion due to the loss of a loved one. It scared me to the point of forgetting how to breathe. I was so frightened. I couldnt start my breath back up

So, sometimes it is not physical or spiritual..It is mental, but still not so bad. I have episodes still after my traumatic experience 10 years ago, but they dont scare me like they did. I understand the chemistry of the brain is very complicated, and sometimes I just use that as my "answer" to these weird experiences.
Kristine

Hey thanks for the input Kristine, it could very well be a sleep disorder as it only happens when I wake up or when I go to bed.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Read this whole post please.
My mother has Multiple Sclerosis, and your symptoms are somewhat akin to the beginning stages of what she went through. Because MS is a nervous disorder anything that raises "the hairs on the back of her neck" have a tendancy to set off mild attacks, certain noises, color patterns, etc.

On the other hand, things that have a calming effect will allow her to cruise through the day without any sign of her MS. She is taking Acupuncture for stress management (for 12 years) and this has helped tremendously.
1) dont be afraid
2) see a doctor
3) Your diet, has huge effect on nervous disorders
4) there has been massive advances in treating nervous disorders
5) This will sound a bit silly, but try it; go to the beach, or large lake, or big river. FOr some reason not yet known, the sound, the rythym, the "beat" of the water upon the land has benificial effects to people with nervous disorders.
6) the single biggest difference between people with nervous disorders that get better, and those that dont, is the willingness to fight back and play the hand you are dealt.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join