It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird problem, please help.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have a solution. A couple of times in my 41 years, to be exact in the last 10 of them, I have kinda felt the same and a couple of them were at night but I remember in the daytime too. Now since I'm a christian my explanation will be based on the Bible. Ruling out the physical it's probably a demonic assault on you. Just because you picked a symbol that belongs to a band you like doesn't mean it's not going to hurt you. Get rid of all their records if you have any and search your house for any other occult symbols that you are aware of and get rid of them. Do not listen to them anymore and be selective of what else you listen too. If I made cookies with a teaspoon of gas in them it's probably not going to kill you, just make you sick. Same for our spirit you have to watch what you feed it.

ps get rid of the symbol you use on this site and get a new one.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
ASSASSIN651, do you have any pain in your neck or shoulders? Have you had a mennangitis vacine?

You mentioned having a fever, dizziness and having a "weird feeling" in your head. These are symptoms of mennangitis, which is when excess fluid collects around the brain. I recommend you get tested for this.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngwie
No Pinneapple. I have faith like him, so when he says he is right...yes having faith is good, but when you show it like that is appears arrogant and annoying. Also disrespectful to others.

[edit on 17-6-2004 by Yngwie]

I really think alot of what people view as arrogance on the part of christians is confidence. We truly have 100% confidence in our God.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
dlbrandt, you obviously believe the Freemasons are Satanists then. Please check some more into the other symbolic meanings of the pentagram, and get out of the Spanish Inquisition era or wherever it is you're at.

As for saying that this is a case of demonic possession, how comforting, how very Christian of you. Next you'll be saying you're a qualified exorcist or something.

There's been a deal of comfort & good advice here, but talking of demonic possession does not qualify as either IMO.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bastet
dlbrandt, you obviously believe the Freemasons are Satanists then. Please check some more into the other symbolic meanings of the pentagram, and get out of the Spanish Inquisition era or wherever it is you're at.

As for saying that this is a case of demonic possession, how comforting, how very Christian of you. Next you'll be saying you're a qualified exorcist or something.

There's been a deal of comfort & good advice here, but talking of demonic possession does not qualify as either IMO.

Well, I didn't say demonic possession. I said assault. That's from the outside. If you'll also notice I said that the physical needs to be checked out. Changing my words to possess was done by you not me.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Very well, I do stand corrected on that point. Assault it was, and not possession.

Now will you also stand corrected on your sole interpretation of the pentagram symbol?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I don't know everything the pentagram stands for.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
That's a start at least. dlbrandt, and google is your friend. Check out sacred geometry & the golden ratio for starters, mathematician I'm not! And as for references to Wicca [the wise ones, or the wisdom], that's the old nature worship of paganism, Aleister Crowley & his ilk notwithstanding.

To most people, the pentagram is a symbol of protection, akin to the lucky charm or rabbit's foot. So naturally it was used as a "circle of protection" by those intrepid souls who wished to conjure magic, call up spirits, whatever. I used to wear a pentagram charm on a necklet, it was a gift, & I'm no Satanist.

I'd hate for people to have a one-eyed view of the pentagram, & I can see absolutely no reason for this symbol to cause a demonic assault.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ok,

The symbol for my avatar is a pentegram and is a symbol for the band Morbid Angel, this band does have satanic lyircs and against god lyrics, but the members themselves are not satanic. Its all about entertainment, I like the music, I may not believe in the lyrics but that doesnt bother me, I enjoy the music. There is no way I am going to stop listening to music which is my life just because if this panic attack or whatever it was. Morbid Angel is hardly a bad band, Deicide and Dying Fetus are EXTREMELY satanic literaly. I hate Dying Fetus, but Deicide has some killer songs. The lead singer of Deicide brands a fresh upside down cross on his forhead before a show, he is crazy. Anyway, the point is I don't think this music has an infuence on this panic attack thing, how can something I enjoy so much turn into something so horrible yah know? It just does'nt connect.

Now about the attacks, I haven't had one in 2 days which I am happy for. Just awaiting wednesday to find the answer to this.

Thanks for the comments, they are very appreiciated.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sterling46
ASSASSIN651, do you have any pain in your neck or shoulders? Have you had a mennangitis vacine?

You mentioned having a fever, dizziness and having a "weird feeling" in your head. These are symptoms of mennangitis, which is when excess fluid collects around the brain. I recommend you get tested for this.

No I do not have any pain on my neck or shoulders, and I did not have a fever......my temperature was 94 F when it first happened, I dont think thats a fever. The doctor at the hospital said it was not organic, he said it is functional which means its psychological.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zsandmann
Im no doctor but the whole thing with your brain twitching sounds like encephalitis. -Swelling in the brain or fluid build up in the brain. Did the sensation feel like virtigo (dizziness) because that is caused by brain fluid swishing around. Have you been to forgein countries lately? Have you found any insect bites that looked strange. Im not sure this is phsycalogical, it may be medical. Good luck on those tests.

I thought it was vertigo at first, but my mother told me she has that and what my symptoms are dont match with vertigo, so it must be somthing else.

No I havent been to any foreign countries or bitton my a bug.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
ASSASSIN, I listen to Dimmu Borgir and Quo Vadis (Quo Vadis doesn't have lyrics about Satan, alteast the songs I have heard). Death/Black metal bands. They are the only ones I like. There is a HUGE difference between bands who are actual satanists, and one who carry sing in lyrics. I listen not to be enlighten, I like the guitars and yea, if you think Morbid Angel is satanic...look for some Gore metal, I never touch that stuff. I think as long as you know that you don't lfollow Satan...I guess it would be alright. Because then AC\DC would be demonic in nature and other metal bands. My friend listens to them and he is one of the nicests, religious, and faithful person you could ever meet.

Now I don't have symbols of things like that...but I still don't think if this was a demon assualt, that would be the reason. But it could be...dlbrandt may be right. *shrugs* Most likely stress, any exams? Something stressful?

[edit on 18-6-2004 by Yngwie]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I agree with a few of the people here. It sounds to me like you are having an anxiety attack. Do you feel there are things pressuring you right now, or do you have feelings of helplessness? I have been going through similer emotions for the past six months since my business went under and I had some pretty scarring emotional upheavels at the same time. I too, spent a number of months not being able to sleep in my bed. I could only sleep in the recliner chair in the living room! You aren't alone here! Many people have similer experiences. All I can do is suggest you try to relax and realize that no troubles last forever. After all, what were your biggest fears 5 years ago? Hopefully, they are long gone. I hope I have been of some help. If you wish to chat more, my email address is listed, as well as my Yahoo messanger, (Not on that often, though). Take care!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow. That's all I can say. Can you listen to yourselves talk? "Yeah, I listen to Satanic music, but how can something I like, you kow, hurt me?"

A lot of you on here seem very intelligent and have thought provoking answers. But, because your belief system doesn't allow for God, your thinking is very irrational (at least to me). You ever hear the expression, "If you toy with something long enough, you will eventually become it's toy".

Try this on....just because I drink doesn't make me an alcholic. Or...just because I smoked a joint doesn't make me a drug addict. Or...just because I listen to music with satanic lyrics doesn't make me a satanist.

You may not be an alcholic or drug addict or satanist by doing what you do, but you open a door that allows yourself to loose control, if even the slightest bit. You mean people that listen to metal bands aren't influenced by the lyrics?

Look, I can say a whole bunch about freemasonary as well. (which is a false religion). The pentagram, by today's standards, does represent evil. And I always love to hear people argue that the band that they listen to are just a bunch of o.k. guys who like to sing about satan but, you know, aren't really into themselves.

If only you could see into the spirit world.......

[edit on 18-6-2004 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Glad you're feeling better, Assassin.

As to the pentagram, well, if you're going to say that the pentagram is a symbol of evil because sometimes people use it inverted to represent twisted ends, then you had might as well say that the Christian cross is a symbol of evil because satanists invert that, too. Besides, it represents a symbol of torture, and isn't torture evil? You can't ignore the misuse and misrepresentation of one while condemning it for another.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Please drop it about the pentegram, thats not what this thread is about. I am beginning to become annoyed with all this pentegram stuff. I don't see how you can relate music with smoking pot and drinking alcohol, they are totally different.

I also listen to gore metal, actually a lot more then that. All the stuff I listen to is negative and I don't care, its what I like if anything it has helped me throughout life. I remember about 3-4 years ago I did NOTHING for a living, I sat at home and played video games and watched tv, I did NOTHING. What kind of life is that? Then one day I bought a Cannibal Corpse CD, it changed my life. I do alot more then play video games and watch tv, music has changed my life, it keeps me motivated to keep moving. Nobody can take tha away from me.

Enough talk about my avatar, thats not what this topic is about. Thank You.

[edit on 6/18/2004 by ASSASSIN651]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The only things that really stress me right now is my job and that I do not like it at all but I have to do it becuase I get paid. Another thing that bothers me is that I want a new amp which is going to cost 2400 dollars, and it will take me about a year to save up for, that really bothers me. I am not sure if these are the causes but whatever.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You go, Assassin352, that's the way! And I agree with you about the music too. I listen to acoustic blues most of the time, and Italian opera as well, so that should make me manic-depressive according to some, & I'm not. Plus I'm rather anti-social by choice & music's good company.

So how the L are you, & are you getting some sleep?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, my AC\DC friend couldn't hurt a fly...I thought a demon couldn't possess a Christian soul? God is stronger...I don't know if Assassin is christian. The only remotely has Satan in their lyrics is Dimmu Borgir. If you can barely understand what they say, then how can you be influenced. I listen to AC\DC and other metal. Music is just music...I also listen to classical, blues, jazz...a variety, becuase I enjoy music.

If you read the Quran this does not mean you islamic, nor you shall become one.
So what is the difference with music?

If you read a book about Satanism to LEARN that does not mean you are a satanists.

What makes one is if you practice it.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think you are all very decieved if you think that music is just music.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join