It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird problem, please help.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

Originally posted by Yngwie
Illimey, we don't mind your input...your arrogance is what is offsetting.

There is a difference between arrogance and assumption. I dont think he/she meant it to be arrogant. The arrogant usually dont help people.

It's definitely a difficult problem! When someone is as utterly convinced of their position as I am, it is perhaps impossible not to appear arrogant. But - there is, I think, a difference between appearing to be arrogant and intending to be arrogant.

Anyway, the important q. is - has anybody heard from ASSASSIN651? I u2u'd him/her last night but didn't get a reply. A bit concerned, to tell you the truth. And I haven't (yet) addressed the problem so the lack of response is not just due to the fact that I'm gonna tell him/her that whatever the problem actually is (physical/emotional/spiritual) - Jesus is the answer...

Anyway, I don't think this is the right place for me to start a debate about this; I know that everyone who has responded GENUINELY wants to help and is concerned about ASSASSIN651's current fears.

So, anybody know the latest?

[edit - added link to relevant thread]

Just incase anybody here wants to join in a discussion thread about the paranormal from a Christian perspective...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6/17/2004 by illimey]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Maybe if you read more about panic attacks you will be able to decide if that's what happened to you.

A panic attack is a sudden surge of overwhelming fear that comes without warning and without any obvious reason.

There is a lot of info on this site.

www.apa.org...

Try not to get too worried. Look for a logical explaination first.

A panic attack is not dangerous, but it can be terrifying, largely because it feels 'crazy' and 'out of control.'

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I have the answer

He may not have meant to but he did. Illimey, all I am saying is give him your side/input in a fashion where all can respect. To do this you must respect other beliefs. Now you must notice that what I belief...I have the same amount of faith as you do. This does not mean that I am right...nor wrong, but I try and go in a fashion that people respect.

[edit on 17-6-2004 by Yngwie]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies, they really have helped.

Just to clear it up im not into satanism or anything like that, my avatar is the symbol for a the band Morbid Angel, which is a very good band btw.

Anyway, sry ive been gone but I visited my doctor and he set me up an appointment with a neurologist/psychologist because he said it could be something in my mind is effecting it. So I went home and everything was fine untill nightime. I tried to go to sleep and right when I dosed off BAM it hit me and woke me right up, I thought damnit its not gonna let me sleep! So my doctor said if it happened again go to the ER, so I did. Well the nurses did all these bloodtests, urine tests, CAT scans and all that crap. They found nothing, and they also said that the symptons I give them arnt helping them pinpoint what it is. But he said it was deffenitely psychological. SO he gave some anti anxiety pills to take every night which makes me sleep like a baby I might add. So the appointment for the neurologist is next wednesday so once I figure out exactly what it is ill be sure to let you guys know. Thanks for the concern, you guys are great.

illimeny, sry I didnt pm you back, I just got your pm yesterday and I didnt have time to pm you back, but it seems you posted your answer so that clears it up.

Untill wednesday, wish me luck!

[edit on 17-6-2004 by ASSASSIN651]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Probably just stress...

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I love how people of faith need to be respectful of everyone else's beliefs. But, it doesn't appear that anyone is ever interested in being respectful of our beliefs. I didn't take what illimey said to be arrogant. Illimey was just associating the avatar with some things assasin said. Naturally, the assocaition is that this could possibly, and i am using this loosely, be demonic manifestation. Apparently, he feels strong enough in his faith to talk to assasin about in private.

Please, these attack comments have got to stop.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I have the answer

It was not the fact that he thought Assassin was somehow affiliate with satan, or occult forces, but the HAVE. He has assurance, it would have been nice if he said I may have a solution. I took this as offensive and arrogant, also from a previous posting...I got the same feeling. That is not to say he did it on purpose, but I have to take what he gives me. I am sure he is very nice and kind, but all I know is what he types. I respect his beliefs, but as soon as he acts they ARE the correct way I take is an an offense and disrespect.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Good to hear from you again, Assassin651, we were beginning to worry, as you can see!

Anxiety attacks are bad enough, but panic ones are truly horrid. I've only suffered the latter on 2 occasions, & the first time I truly thought I was going to die. To make matters worse, I'd gone for a long walk, didn't have ID on me, & I freaked right out with the terrible thought - wait for it - that by the time I was identified etc, my cats would have suffered & died of thirst/starvation, then I was hyperventilating & my heart was banging.....you get the picture.

To this day, I don't know what caused this. If it was "just stress", then stress could have carried me off feet-first with a heart attack [in the worst scenario].

Whatever it takes to help you relax, do it. For some, it's certain music & scented candles. Aromatherapy massages are bliss for others, & I can certainly recommend these. I wish you the best - please be kind to yourself.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Assasin651.
Sorry don`t mean to upset anybody,but l don`t think you should read anymore on these sites.
I won`t go into all the psychological meanings,but basically your subconcsious mind is feeding on info that you are reading from these and other sites.You should tell your Dr about your interests but you will be debunked.It`s in your interest because ultimatley if you ignore help you could develop some serious psychological damage.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I have the answer

Actually, I think that is a very good answer. There was absolutely nothing wrong with being positive. Perhaps you don't believe in God. If so, I can see where you might think that he is being arrogant.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
ASSASSIN

I am experiencing the same things you are. I am convinced there is something "nefarious" going on. Are we experiements???

Please read my post here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I too feel like i was going insane but I have managed to get a handle on it so far. Not sure when the next attack will be though. I also experienced a dream where I had the same thing occur and it immediately woke me up....i felt like there was a pool and circular waves were coming towards me and i was scared. But it wasn't like a tidal wave it was like someone had thrown a rock in a pool and created concentric ripples....it felt significant to me and i have no idea why - have you experienced anything like that?

Anyways i think its really weird why is this happening? We can't all be going insane at the same time.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Pumpkyn

Sorry but there is a human suffering pshycological trauma in the world every 2 seconds.Nothing evil just our brains reacting to stresses you may well be in that group.

[edit on 17-6-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This is a weird thread, especially when someone answers that jesus is the answer. Something like that should be taken to the mudpit
I'm going to stop typing, because I don't want to turn it into a heated debate.

The solution is simple: Repetition of positive affirmations with creative visualization always does the trick.. This should be done before sleep.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What does your avatar mean? I would have to side on assumption also, but that would be a guessing game. Truth would be that it is either a physical problem or a spiritual problem. I won't assume anything, but I will say that anyone that deals with satanic influences should know that when he is done with you, he will try to destroy you. The devil only wants one thing and that is to destroy humans and take back his former glory. Sorry if my reply seems arrogant, but my desire is not to be the most popular, just to tell what I know as truth. You are either with God or you are against God, no middle fence. Just curious as to why anyone would think that satan would want to buddy up with humans? Like I said, not assuming anything if your avatar was just a cool symbol you found, I would find another one, and that being the case you are probably having an anxiety attack. Maybe thinking too hard about Mr. Bloke.. Fair and balanced?

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Just to clear it up im not into satanism or anything like that, my avatar is the symbol for a the band Morbid Angel, which is a very good band btw.

There you are popeye. Your post didn't seem too arrogant if any at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I must have missed the avatar answer
..........................but.....

Im glad to hear you didn't choose the avatar for its religous significance, but I would recommend that you find out why a band would pick that for a logo. If you keep satanic stuff around some would view it as an invitation for bad stuff. A horse is still a horse even if you name him Mr.Ed and give him a t.v. show. I dont know you and hope you dont see that as judgmental. Just saying you might look into it if nothing else works.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Im no doctor but the whole thing with your brain twitching sounds like encephalitis. -Swelling in the brain or fluid build up in the brain. Did the sensation feel like virtigo (dizziness) because that is caused by brain fluid swishing around. Have you been to forgein countries lately? Have you found any insect bites that looked strange. Im not sure this is phsycalogical, it may be medical. Good luck on those tests.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
No offence, popeye0314, but I think you're labouring the pentagram significance a bit heavily. It's also a symbol used in Freemasonry, & I hardly believe they're a band of Satanists. Check out what they have to say about it if you're still concerned. It's also an ancient pagan symbol, y'know, before we were all converted - & Wicca's more of a nature thing than any devil worship. The fact that a pentagram is drawn for "protection" is more to do with its so-called sacred geometry than anything else.

I'm not happy either with anyone saying words to the effect that you're either with God or against him - now who does that remind you of?

Back to the topic. I sympathise with anyone having these odd sensations, especially when they are fear-filled. Get yourself checked out if necessary, & try not to worry about your sanity, it's more likely to have some physiological cause. And if such a cause is ruled out, do whatever it takes for you to achieve a state of relaxation like I mentioned before. Get your stress levels down - & this is where both "normal" & alternative practitioners can assist.

Have your surroundings pleasant & comfortable, and likewise the people around you. A brisk walk in the evenings can be beneficial, depending on where you live of course. A warm, not hot, bath before bedtime is relaxing, & so is your choice of appropriate music. Some people like to nod off with a boring book - I'm one of them.

Try the obvious things first. I wish you all well!

[edit on 17/6/04 by Bastet]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I have the answer

It was not the fact that he thought Assassin was somehow affiliate with satan, or occult forces, but the HAVE. He has assurance,

I think "have" is not what bugs you the most, Yngwie. As for assurance, being strong in a faith is something alot of ppl cant commit to (like me. if anyone has read my other religious posts, i am always posting in a humble manner, to keep the flames away-i still get some though).

I think what bothers you is the "the". not "i have an answer" but "i have the answer".

What he(she) believes doesn't match what you believe, this is what bothers you. If he said "i have the answer" and the answer was something you believed in, you would totally support him for being so assured.

And what you believe MUST be right, of course. i mean, this is Yngwie talking, the guy who speaks only the truth[/sarcasm]

and here is where i regret what i said, because, like i said, i dont like to make ppl angry. But i will post this anyways, cause its how i feel on this subject.

*prepares for flames*

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No Pinneapple. I have faith like him, so when he says he is right...yes having faith is good, but when you show it like that is appears arrogant and annoying. Also disrespectful to others. I don't mind what he believes, it is his life...

Also, I don't believe evevrything that comes out of my mouth is true...I know humans make mistakes.

[edit on 17-6-2004 by Yngwie]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join