It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: What do YOU think will happen?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You want to know what I really think & believe in 100% as far as "reality" being the way it is ?
It's all bunk, everything, we just continue to fool ourselves into thinking it's all real when it's not.
I reached this belief long ago when it became clear to me that it's all a con, a sham.
We lie to one another about this, saying it's all real, but it's not, nothing we do will change that.
We continue this sham by inventing dogma, religion, science, math. language, art, politics, pick your side.
Why do I believe this, well, that's what this "reality" tells me day in & day out, this is limbo, the past is something we made up, nothing really changes, we'll still be in dirty cities, we won't explore the rest of space, for there's nothing there, it isn't "real" it's a direct reflection of ourselves, empty and with no meaning, this is why we lie to ourselves, to make ourselves feel important, to have a meaning for ourselves, when it's all a farce, a cosmic joke, trouble is we don't get the punchline, nor will we ever, we're just part of some simulation a subroutine, we as a whole don't matter for it's all nothing, a big fat lie.
No one can tell me otherwise, for I don't trust them, that in itself is part of the problem of this, my mind says one thing, my heart something else, I can't trust my self to be honest, how am I to trust others ?
Everything is "too perfect" Earth just happens to be in the right place, the moon as well, the sun also, it's like it was planed, but that's impossible, for there is no God, that's what our so called "reality" tells me, no soul, when we die, that's it, nothing after that, we sprang from nothing we return to nothing, no transfer of energy bunk.
We're just a fluke, a cosmic mistake, a non-issue, we won't change the world, it'll be like this forever and ever, like a broken record, no past means no future, there's only now, forever now, we tell ourselves time is real.
That is also a lie as well, as the universe didn't spring from nothing, you can't get something from nothing.
All the web links, books, science, won't sway me as they were made to be more lies to ourselves.
Am I too cynical ? Perhaps, but you can blame the public school system for that. I spent years of my life looking for the Truth, I came to the realization, that the reason the Truth can't be found anywhere is that it's all lies. We could look forever into the sky, forever into ourselves, look forever on the internet, yet we won't find the Truth, it's no where to be found. I've been a cynic for ages, I don't need proof for anything as it's all lies to make us feel better about ourselves.

That's what I truly believe & think, absolutely, 100%, no need to try to tell me otherwise or prove it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Nothing will happen, But I do predict that New Years day 2013 I will wake up in a strange place with a really bad head, with the possibility of my t-shirt/shirt being covered in either garlic or chili sauce and my breath stinking of Kebab, and my wallet being empty due the extortionate prices minicab drivers started charging since the millennium :-)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
As much as I want to believe that 2012 was to be a significant date of destruction,
I think nothing will happen.
sad,,, so very sad, I was so hoping for that ultimate reset

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan89
Hopefully nothing will happen. But if Nibiru was to hit Earth, I would welcome it. Reading some of these posts makes me fearful of my own shadow. Death would end fear.

mee too! I think I need to stop reading some :S

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks there will be some "oneness" of mind is out of his mind. Read the papers. Watch the news.

This isn't a migration toward "oneness." This is a mass migration toward anarchy and the destruction that comes with it.

Oh, I don't doubt that we're fast approaching a major recycling - but if one thing history has taught us is - that a reset is only accomplished through an enema of humanity.

The cycle is thus: times are hard, core values of courage and survival skills are most valued.

Times approach a bit of order, and a few lord it over the many.

A bit later, the many assume more power and equality.

Then the concepts that weaken a society take root, such as "fairness," "tolerance," "enlightenment," and "equality," which weaken the population, pulling in many different directions.

At that point, an enema of destruction, anarchy, more destruction, mass death, and even more destruction occur until barbarity of the few return the core values of courage and survival skills.

It's a cycle, but apparently takes about 6,000 years.

We're definitely at the end of this cycle, and about to start over.
edit on 31-12-2010 by FarArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think december the 13th will be a very awkward day for people who believe

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
December 12th, 2012 will spawn an excuse for what doesn't happen. Because whatever happens will be no match for the hype that we are seeing on the way there. The Mayan's just couldn't make a calander that went on forever.
edit on 1-1-2011 by csimon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by csimon
The Mayan's just couldn't make a calander that went on forever.
edit on 1-1-2011 by csimon because: (no reason given)

QFT

All there is too it in my mind

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
First of all there a 3 large ships (ufos) positioned near pluto. What are they doing there,possibly waiting for an invasion on the human race. I seen it in a thread here on ats. Second the rise in solar activity. A super flare could scorch the earth and burn away the atmosphere. It would take 10 years to recover. Seen it on ats. Third their is a former cia agent who is made the claim that aliens are eating humans. Also seen on ats.
So what I think is going to happen on 12-21-12 is, there will be a super solar flare that will scorch the earth and we will be invaded by the waiting aliens who will eat the remaining humans,who are hiding deep in govenment made bunkers. Kind of grim isn't it. Were doomed. Were doomed. I've had a great run a what we all call life and when the time does come, and Brothers I'm hard core, ill lean in to it.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The stores will be full of people shopping,snow will be again making troubles ,Obama will making last decisions before leavin office in january ......

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by vincevatican777

I assume that was written tongue in cheek, because I certainly got a great laugh out of the claims, especially relying on tales told in ATS as a source. Well done.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think something might happen, eventually something will happen, and the 2012 seems possible. Maybe Nibiru will come, but my hope is large scale ET-UFO contact. I want to wake up on that day and see giant saucer craft in the sky, and it be on the news as a world wide event. That's what I want to see on 2012.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think something is coming and something will happen but I believe most of us will still be here in 2013 to 2015, I can't see much further than that in to the future but I can only hope after 2015 the world is a better safer and healthier place for my kids and grandkids.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
My head tells me that nothing will happen, and 2012 will just be another year.

However, that's not to say I'll sit here and insist that nothing will happen because that's what I tend to believe, as absolutely anything is possible.

Out of all the theory's I've read, and also of my own, I think the three below are the most realistic, at least to me -

- Contact with a race/species of a different origin or world if you prefer. I have no doubt in my mind that we aren't alone in the Universe and contact has to happen some day, or at least has to be made public by the powers that be. Now because of religion I'm sure a lot of bad would come with this; riots and suicides, but speaking for myself I couldn't even begin to put into words what being able to witness this in my life would mean.

- A catastrophic event. We've abused this planet for so long it would almost be justice to see our race have it's comeuppance.

- Something that none of us, as humans, are able to comprehend.

I won't lie, despite a large part of me thinking nothing will happen (at least not instantaneously) I'm quite nervous and even a little excited of just what could be. If something was to happen that was for the greater good and would give a much better and brighter future for future generations then I'd welcome it, even if it's at my own expense, and I hope many would feel the same way.
edit on 14-1-2011 by Trapt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I think 2012 is actually the peak of our troubles. More oil spills, more terrorism, more wars, more pollution. All the problems we have had in 2000 rolling into one.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Most likely scenario: Nothing of note happens, and people who didn't believe in this 2012 crap laugh at those who did.

Worst-case scenario: Dickhead terrorists launch multiple major attacks around the globe, inciting mass panic. World recovers, but the damage is done.
edit on 15-1-2011 by Meshakhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i cannot tell what will happen..but the PROBLEM is i can tell what is happening right now..and many things that happened aint normal...and strange happenings needs strange thoughts...

i can assure you that since january things have never been so hot on ATS and everywhere around..with updates coming in on

pole shift
australia floods now with sharks roaming the streets
extreme weather in most part of the world
animals die offs
earthquakes effecting all the tectonic plates at once
sun's activity looks lots more active, shooting quite impressive flares often
floodings in brazil and other countries
panama canal closed for the first time since being built in 1914
volcanoes wake ups
the sun receiving more direct hits from the oorth cloud

well actually i think that yes it was one of the busiest month here on ATS....i even started to consider that actually maybe there are some signs that something maybe making its way into our solar system, thinking that not only ours but all the planets and even our mother Sun is being affected

to close this post ..i just love this image

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/691b090e10a1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

Nibiru is impossible. That is provable.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

1. Pole shifts are impossible. No fast pole shift has ever occurred.
2. Floods are common around the world and will continue to be common.
3. Animal die offs are similar to past events
4. The sun is not going to be as active in this coming solar cycle.
5. Volcanic activity is no greater now than it has been.
6. Earthquake activity is not greater.
7. The Oort cloud is not making direct hits on the sun.

Nice earthquake map it shows that nothing unusual is happening. Thanks for showing evidence against your claims.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join