It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Multi-layers of the Holocaust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Before I begin, I would like to say that this is more of an overview rather than specific facts. If anyone is interested in holocaust revisionism I suggest going to www.holocaustdenialvideos.com, but this is not just about holocaust revisionism, but if you have no idea what I am talking about, it is a good website for some background information.

I want to create this thread because there are many layers of the Holocaust as I see it. No doubt all historical events have multiple layers to them, but the Holocaust seems to me like one of the more important historical events that is often overlooked, as the mainstream usually only considers one and only one layer of the Holocaust. With that said, the introduction is over and chapter 1 begins, incidentally, the only chapter (small joke).

The first layer of the Holocaust is the, for lack of a better word, the ‘official’ layer. It is the view that 6 million Jews died in horrible gassings and cremations during WW 2. As anyone would tell you, it was a dark time in history. The lesson here is that unbridled anti-Semitism is a danger to the entire Jewish community. Left unchecked, the results are catastrophic.

This view of the Holocaust represents the age old story of Jewish oppression, beginning with their slavery at the hands of the Egyptians and continuing until present day. As one Jewish commenter has stated, Jewish holidays usually involve some kind of theme of oppression, so much so that they can even joke about it by saying before they commence their festivities: “they tried to kill us, we won, now let’s eat.” The theme of Jewish oppression unites the Jewish people, as documented in the video ‘Defamation’ by Yoav Shamir, which illustrates how young Isreali children are taught at a young age that the rest of the world hates them because of their religion (or race, depending on who you ask). Suffice to say, there is always sympathy for the underdog, even more so when it’s an entire race of people. I am not Jewish, but as an objective bystander, I would have to say that this oppression is a major factor in keeping the Jewish people united under one flag, so to speak. It is human nature to cling to hope in times of despair, especially with people who can sympathize in a similar way with your pain.

That is the first layer of the Holocaust. The second layer of the Holocaust is what I call the ‘political layer.’ It can be summed up in the well known phrase ‘Never Again.’ What this means is that out of fear of another Holocaust, all measures must be undertaken to prevent another holocaust from ever happening again. This seems reasonable enough, however, when you examine how it is used, it is clear that the lesson of the Holocaust is to be opposed to military dictatorship, not to endorse it. But endorsement of military might is exactly what we see in the modern day. How many times have we heard someone being called a ‘Hitler’ and immediate unilateral action must be taken to stop them. This was done with Iraq’s Saddam Hussein, and Iranian president Ahmedinejad has been quoted many times as saying that Israel must be “wiped off the map.” Calling him Hitler and saying that “history must not be repeated” is a convenient excuse to use military force in order to take him out, killing many innocent bystanders as a result, like what happened with the war in Iraq. Only a politician can engage in the type of double think where they act like Hitler while at the same time chanting “Never Again.” So, while the first layer of the Holocaust is a lesson against the unbridled dangers of dictatorship, the second layer of the Holocaust is ironically an endorsement of that same type of force, in order to prevent a future holocaust!

The third and fourth layer of the Holocaust is the ‘Revisionism’ or ‘Denial’ angle where people dare to question or deny the Holocaust. ‘Dare’ because in certain countries it is punishable by imprisonment. This is actually two layers, the first layer is Revisionism, and the second layer is Denial. The first layer shouldn’t be controversial at all, it is simply intellectual honesty when it comes to a historical event. Questioning certain elements of the Holocaust or any historical event should not be a crime, and since I said I would not go into detail about this, I will move ahead from this to Holocaust Denial.

‘Denial’ is a more stringent and politically motivated word. To deny means to conclude or (in the eyes of the establishment) to pretend it never happened (always without scientific proof, it is pointed out). The problem with this is that all too often, a Revisionist is called a Holocaust Denier. I know I’ve been called one, and it is amazing how little you have to do in order to get that title. The problem with this layer, is that when you push someone in that direction, chances are they boldly march in that direction. If you have been following the Climate Change debates, you can hear Al Gore and others calling critics ‘Climate Change Deniers,’ akin to Holocaust Denial. I would think this would be insulting to Jews.

A ‘denier’ is a rather absurd thing to call someone. It brings up the notion of a complete and total separation from reality, which is exactly the implied intent. This is why many people opt for the ‘Revisionist’ title rather than the ‘Denier’ title, because to deny something means to unequivocally deny that any of it existed, which is not entirely true. Many revisionists do not deny concentration camps existed, nor the sufferings of Jews and other races, just as they do not deny concentration camps in the United States for the Japanese. However, in the constant attempt to paint political opponents as crazy, the term denial is often used. As a result, many people take it up as a sort of badge of honor, because after all, if you deny that 6 million Jews were killed via gas chamber, you are denying the bulk of the Holocaust story. However, if you alter that number in any way, you could also be called a denier, but that is just the establishment taking the extreme route to demonize their opponents. In my opinion, the only deniers are the establishment who deny any type of alternative theory, even when those theories are backed up by facts. But regardless of who the real deniers are, to call someone a holocaust denier is a heart beat away from calling them a neo-Nazi. But this of course is a major problem.

There is a contradiction here: you can’t be a Holocaust Denier and a neo-Nazi at the same time. Why would any Nazi deny the holocaust? If anything they would be proud of it. But what happens is that they are trying to make holocaust deniers into racist anti-Semites, and even though the neo-Nazis may deny the murder of Jews, they wanted it to happen, or worse, it happened, but now they are covering up for their crimes. In my opinion, again, the only people who cover up for their atrocious crimes are the establishment politicians, not the scholar that has no political funding whatsoever. So the final layer of the Holocaust is to paint all ‘deniers’ as Nazis, which is yet another attempt at painting political opponents as unrealistic, crazy, and delusional. It is the ultimate evil to not only commit an atrocious crime, but also to then try and cover it up, and Nazis are often referred to as the ultimate evil. Again, from my perspective, the only people that engage in this type of evil are the political establishment that denies alternative theories that seem to indicate that a conspiracy is afoot.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The final layer of the Holocaust is, just like 9/11, a conspiracy, once uncovered, gives people a real glimpse into the type of political manipulation that is possible in the media and government. Not to be blamed on the Jews, but to be blamed on the leaders who carry out these conspiracies, regardless of their race or religion. Crime is, or rather, should be, non-prejudicial. A crime is a crime regardless of who committed it. Now, there is no doubt that certain Jews are criminals, no doubt certain Christians are criminals, and certain Muslims are criminals, so dropping the religious titles, a criminal is a criminal, it’s as simple as that. However, because of the many layers of the Holocaust, the real criminals can hide behind the ‘oppression card’ and claim to be victims of unjustified anti-Semitic hatred. Much like the Catholic pedophiles hide behind the supposed divinity of the church, the dual Israeli-US ‘elite’ hide behind the sensitivity cover that is created from the oppression of the Holocaust. By criticizing Israel, the critics are called Nazis, and the tragedy of the Jews are smeared across the headlines in an attempt to shade the real criminals while the average Jew, who has no ties to the global elite are, once again, the real victims.

So in conclusion, there is one thing I agree with the political establishment on, that the average Jews are the victims, but sadly they are being used as a shield to cover the real criminals. People demonize the Palestinians because they use children as a shield, shouldn’t it be just as much of an immoral act to use Jewish oppression as a shield? Or anyone’s oppression for that matter? I think yes. If you have read this far, thank you for your attention, and I apologize if I have offended anyone, I know this is sensitive material, but my intention is not to create religious prejudice but rather to point out the obvious but often overlooked facts.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
there are few things that are perfectly understood....and when it comes to history doubly so....and when it comes to controversial history exponentially so.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You missed a layer.

Propaganda

The art of clever writing, and subtlety. The magic use of words that somehow - tantalisingly - tries to manipulate people into thinking it is the voice of reason, whilst quietly putting over the message the writer intends. It is both an artform and a weapon, when one can sound so reasonable, and yet be so obviously biased.

It is the hardest layer to understand. And yet some of us do...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
You missed a layer.

Propaganda

The art of clever writing, and subtlety. The magic use of words that somehow - tantalisingly - tries to manipulate people into thinking it is the voice of reason, whilst quietly putting over the message the writer intends. It is both an artform and a weapon, when one can sound so reasonable, and yet be so obviously biased.

It is the hardest layer to understand. And yet some of us do...

I would consider that to be more or less the Political Layer, where the 'good guys' are using military force to defeat the military dictators. When you examine the holocaust, you find that it's really not that clever of writing, otherwise there wouldn't be so many holocaust revisionists/deniers. I mean, why would they bring prisoners to a concentration camp in order to get gassed, but give them a hair cut prior to this? And if they were gassed right away, how is it that they are imprisoned for so long that they turn into skeletons? The truth is that the hair cuts were administered as an attempt to fight off the diseases that caused massive malnutrition. The allied bombing which cut off resources to the camps didn't help much either.

From my research, the holocaust presents the Nazis as caricatures of Satanists, drinking Jewish blood as they dance on the corpses of babies. Lamp shades made out of human skin, and bars of soap made out of skin. I mean it's just plain ridiculous when you really look into it.

top topics

join