It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Yr Old Sets Field on Fire with Fireworks, now for the rest of the story...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

yup and go crawl back on oprah's and dr. phil's lap with your pink night gown.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Could it be that you are reading way too much into this simple act of
kindness by a policeman?

Try and look at this incident another way. YOU or you children were setting off fireworks and accidentaly set fire to some land. The cop turns up on your doorstep and deals with the situation like this one did.

Is that not a lot more compassionate than them throwing the book at the kid, who let's face it has done everything he could to make things right afterwards?

This lad could have ended up with a police record and an even crappier life because of it.

Now picture that being you or your kid.

I don't imagine for a minute that the kid will be getting off lightly, i think his mum will make sure of that, but on this occasion, can you not at least see it was a good thing to do?

If the damage had been more serious, or had caused injury, yes it may have been dealt with differently....but this is just a classic case of a cop using his common sense and people skills.

CX.

it doesn't matter to me what the kid did. my problem is with this officer getting a hard on over this and telling everyone about it. its so sappy. if you did a good deed, great. you dont have to advertise it like some needy, wanting, moron.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ginandmoregin
it doesn't matter to me what the kid did. my problem is with this officer getting a hard on over this and telling everyone about it. its so sappy. if you did a good deed, great. you dont have to advertise it like some needy, wanting, moron.

Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick comes to mind.

Why the focus on sappy and hard ons? ... you needing something or what? ?
?

It would seem the vast majority have been able to look beyond that which you've apparently and errantly focused on in order to see the Real core premise here.

A law enforcement officer who typically finds themselves having to deal with a Lot of crap day in and day out .... only to once in a while be afforded a situation where they're able to Be Of Assistance and quite possibly Make A Difference in the life of another ... specifically that of one who hasn't particularly been dealt a "fair" hand of cards.

What for bug crawled up your ass man? Honestly ... this wouldn't seem in any way about one individual's personal jollies or "Hey!? Look at me" but more a situation of someone with a desire to help, aide and/or assist others Finally being afforded an opportunity to do Just That!

Quick question here:
Do you need help finding your rock? :shk:

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Annie Mossity]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ginandmoregin
it doesn't matter to me what the kid did. my problem is with this officer getting a hard on over this and telling everyone about it. its so sappy.

The way this reads to the Kernel is that he shared it with the OP and the OP shared it with the board. So it has nothing to do with the officer other than he did a good thing.

if you did a good deed, great. you dont have to advertise it like some needy, wanting, moron.

Again, he didn't advertise it. As to a needy and wanting moron, the Kernel will leave that up to you. Wagers are that you haven't done a decent thing in your life. Sad really.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Palmer777

nevermind.. lol

[edit on 7-7-2010 by corruptedtesssa]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I haven't read through this thread so I can't know for sure if this has been said already or not but I hope it has.

The only way for a 13 year old to play relatively safely with fireworks is in the presence of a supervising adult. Not alone out back on a piece of ground that will ensure that all of the surrounding fields are safe but not the actual child.

Other than that, nice story.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Most would have carted the kids ass in. Sheez it would mean several thousand for the county and might help pay for a new officers sallary. Whos side is this guy on anyway!

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
excellent thread..

Exceptionally well handled by the officer,

Hats off, Brother

Hope all officers, sworn in to uphold the peace learn from This man.

Love and light

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hats off to the officer.

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but that mother deserves props, too.

That she raised a young boy with the courage to face the consequences of his actions tells me that there might be a chance for humanity after all.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's really great to read something like this, great story, great cop! If that cop wanted to take it a step further (hes already done enough), he could get that little guy in touch with "Big Brothers and Sisters", after reading about him hugging his leg you could tell he needed someone more than just his mother. Little guys like this make my heart ache, he needs a good Dad.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Boomer1941

That is one heck of an idea.

I'll mention that to him.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by PublicDefenseCorp

I'll guarantee that it wasn't.

How, well I can't, but it wasn't this exact story, with these people in this city.

That's the whole point...
What people?
What City?
Why no sustantiation?

This IS a documented factual way many cops treat kids:

www.youtube.com...

Most importantly, why would you post a thread which you will not offer any documented evidence that it really happened?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

At a moment in my life when I distrust leo's more than at any other time along comes this story. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure I believe this isn't fiction. Before you jump all over me for stating that, let me paint a small picture of where I live.
I live in an idyllic part of the united states, a place known for it's uniquenessand unrivaled beauty, in fact a place like no other. This is a very rural place, where leo's of every persuasion as a percentage are higher than any other place I've been. There are state police, sheriffs, local police, border patrol, dec police, dea, park police, customs and immigration, coast guard, military police, FBI. All this in an extremely rural setting.
I guess what eats at me is the very high percentage per capita of each of these corporate entities. Most of them we laugh at as they strut around all official and what not. At any rate, if this account is factual and not agenda driven then maybe it might be a glimmer, but sitting here surrounded by all of these leo's it kind of makes me wonder

YouSir

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Look, I shared a story with you that was told to me by my friend. Someone I call brother and I KNOW would not make this up.

There is no proof, zero, zilch, nadda.

I was so moved by this mans actions, concern and kindness for another, all I could think about was to be able to post it here and share it with all of you. Why, because as the opening post said, with everything that is going on in this world, I want to share anything good that I can find.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by romanmel

Look, I shared a story with you that was told to me by my friend. Someone I call brother and I KNOW would not make this up.

There is no proof, zero, zilch, nadda....

Thanks for finally admitting that this story is strictly "hear-say".

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

What a great feel good story, got my throat all lumped up, thanks for sharing

Your friend is a good cop and a very good man, God bless him and keep him safe. We need more like him, uses common sense and his heart instead of a rule book. He did a great thing for that boy and his mother, I hope he keeps in contact with the boy. It'd be nice (if possible) if he could maybe be a mentor to the boy, seems like he could use a good male role model in his life, especially throughout his teen years, just might be the thing that keeps him on the right path

Tell your friend I said Thanks for being one of the good ones and caring enough to see the human side and do the right thing when so many others would have simply followed the rules and hauled the boy in. Sounds like he's the type of man that became a cop for the right reasons, I respect that.

A big
to the mother, she's doing a hell of a good job raising that boy. If he sees her again i wish he'd tell her that she's raising a damn fine boy and should be proud of him and herself too.

To the boy also for following the teachings of his mother, doing the right thing and taking responsibility for his actions. Everybody makes mistakes, but this boy had the courage and respect for himself and others to stand and be willing to face the consequences.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Excellent story. Some cops think their job is crap and are not getting paid enough so they think they can abuse their power. I see too many stories where a cop uses a taser on someone that isn't a threat to them.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JFK4EVER
Excellent story. Some cops think their job is crap and are not getting paid enough so they think they can abuse their power. I see too many stories where a cop uses a taser on someone that isn't a threat to them.

Well yeah, lots of cops tazer their buddies for a laugh as well. The tazing is the pleasant part, it starts to suck when you wake up in a cell and find out you have been charged with a felony for resisting the cops efforts to taze you in the first place. You gotta just shut up, and take it like a man!

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wow, that police officer went above and beyond.

God, imagine if every police officer was like that.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
to protect and serve, this officer holds dear to these ideals

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join