It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Yr Old Sets Field on Fire with Fireworks, now for the rest of the story...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Loved this story, hope it's true.

Brings back your faith in REAL police officers just doing their jobs and going above and beyond the call of duty every day, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Very good story. It's really nice to read a story about a police officer who is doing good. We read so much about all of the bad ones. The good ones very rarely get any credit.

Thanks for relaying this story.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen... J/K

This certainly is a welcomed break from the abuse stories that we all too often hear about. It's refreshing to hear that there are still some good people dedicated to doing their jobs in an appropriate manner. I'm sure this happens a lot more, though it is not considered newsworthy and so is the silent side of some police work.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
s&f

what a great story. kinda comforting to know some people still care. too bad those people seem few and far between.

cheers,
AA

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Tell your officer friend THANK YOU from all of us.
Awesome story.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am very happy to hear story like this, thank you for sharing S&F.

Unfortunately every encounter I've had with the police has not been so great - I've had guns pointed at, at my head, for reasons unknown to me, been wrongfully accused of things, and had money stolen from corrupt police and much other horrible stuff happen to me.

However, if we had more policemen like this one I can honestly say that the US (and the rest of the world) would be a much better place. There would be a lot less crime simply because police would deal with things much better. As I said in the times I've dealt with the police this just wasn't the case... but I'm glad to hear a story that shows there are still some good cops out there

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reminds me of my dad.

i can't recall growing up, how many people had personal stories like this when they knew who i was.

not all cops are on power trips.

oh, and just so i dont get too far from ATS, with these fuzzy warm feelings.....

lolz!!!!!

[edit on 6-7-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Now that was a very unexpected and very gratifying story to hear! Good for the Cop!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I can't say what others haven't already said. That is a true officer, and my hat is off to him. Instead of giving the kid a hard time, he let him take responsiblity and that it can be ok to take responsibility.

And the boy learned that not all men will ignore him and treat him like trash.

I am actually surprised that fireworks were not banned this year considering it has been so hot and dry and all the grass looks liek shredded wheat.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I would love to post a reply to this thread, but for some reason my allergies seem to be playing up and I can't see the screen.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You guys are all a bunch of softies - I knew it all along.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't want to break balls... But this reads exactly like all general fake chain email stories. Not going to say this is one, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say it would be made up.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
[edit on 6-7-2010 by americanwoman]

CX

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I've starred your post purely because despite all of your negative experiences with cops, you still accepted this story for what it is and didn't derail it with an anti-cop hate tirade.

Many people have one bad experience and turn total cop hater with no going back.

Your post shows personal qualities that are rarely seen these days.

Thank you.

CX.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
mom??!!

just kidding....my folks did the same thing you and your husband did. they adopted a child in my dads zone, whom he seen too many times on calls, as his mother was hooked by crack.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
We always hear about the bad cops, we always hear about the crazy and criminal things some of them do.

It is a really nice change of pace to see a story about some of the good police can do.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FairSceptic
I don't want to break balls...

Neither do I.

But this reads exactly like all general fake chain email stories.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. That's what draws me back here from time to time.

Not going to say this is one, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say it would be made up.

Considering the thread author is a site moderator, and the beginning post specifically mentions it being personally conveyed by the officer himself - a personal friend - you'd probably be better off placing your bet on BubbleGum in the 7th ... he sticks to the rail.

Sometimes this place cracks me up ... along with people and their kids.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Now thats how all police officers should act and behave!

what a great new story,

Good thread op

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I really appreciate what the policeman did but everybody is missing the BIG picture; the kid! The way kids are raised these days, it's a friggin' miracle this kid did what he did. He recognized and took ownership if his screw up, no questions asked. To me, that's the real story.

I don't know how this woman raised her son, but I would be willing to bet that if the "authorities" were aware of her child-rearing methods, they'd probably lock her up! She sounds like she is a firm believer in corporal punishment and a firm hand. Kudos to the Mom, the kid and the cop.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FairSceptic

I sort of wish this was a chain email, I'd received. I wouldn't have sat at my desk today with a tear running down my cheek and a huge smile on my face.

This person is real, he has the biggest heart of anyone I know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join