It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Yr Old Sets Field on Fire with Fireworks, now for the rest of the story...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UnidentifiedObject

what does that mean

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
now thats a good story and a damn good officer.gives me faith in people.why is it so hard to find a story like this instead of the everyday BS.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by UnidentifiedObject

what does that mean

I think someone forgot his glasses lol

Great story, thanks for sharing.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just when one's faith in human nature has reached its nadir, along comes a story that is uplifting in its humanity... How cool.

The police officer. A peace officer in the truest sense of the term. Could have been an ass, but wasn't. Didn't even think about being one it would seem.

The Kid. More of an adult then some twenty or thirty somethings I could mention. Some of 'em right here on ATS... He'll do well in life I'm thinking...

The Mom. Without knowing much about her, I'm inclined to call her the heroine of this story. Where did the kid learn to "man up" like this? Mom. How so? By being a living breathing example of courage and grace under pressure. This mom rocks.

This episode puts the lie to all the claims that ALL cops are bad. It would seem they aren't.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyehouse
What the hells wrong with you people ? the kid burnt down a field! what if he'd killed himeslf ? what if he'd killed someone else ? and the kid gets told what ? don't worry about it kid I did silly stuff when I was young too, now give your uncle policeman a hug"

Jesus, I'm cool with the police officer trying to help out and everything but how about doing that after you've scared the living crap out of him with a few hours in a cell and the threat of a criminal damage and reckless endangerment charge.

That's a lesson he really needs to learn which will also benefit him in the future. what your mate did was teach him that dangerous actions don't have consequences.

The kid burned down a field and caused property damage. Nobody got hurt and we are told it is a few hundred dollars worth in damage. The main points are: He never intended to set the field on fire and more importantly, INSTEAD of running away and most likely never getting caught, the kid a.) called Fire, b.) remained at the location to make sure it got put out, c.) waited to be arrested because he knew he had done bad and d.) he didn't try to get out of it. What kid is like that nowadays?

In my book he took full responsibility for what he had done and what had gotten out of hand so he does deserve a (larger) break. Seeing how paying for the damage would be an extreme hardship on the mom and thus paying it out of his own(!) pocket - plus the way he handled the rest - if I was in town I would seek that officer out to shake his hand and see what good turn I can do him.

Personally I really hope this story is true.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
All police officers are evil, corrupt, scum. Just because this one happened to do a good deed on this one day doesn't change that.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dietsamcola
All police officers are evil, corrupt, scum. Just because this one happened to do a good deed on this one day doesn't change that.

And you have evidence to prove that thought? If you would, please post it so we may see it for ourselves. There`s good and bad in every walk of life.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

And you have evidence to prove that thought? If you would, please post it so we may see it for ourselves.

Nope, just 27 years of experiences dealing with them.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Explanation: :shk: Please consider this snippet from the top of the OP'ers thread on page1 OK!

This same threads page 1 (by elevatedone) [ATS]

A personal friend of mine sent this today. He gave me permission to share this with you all.

Personal Disclosure: Seriously, if members are going to be that pedantic about the explicit words used then I highly recommend a Glossary of Terms be posted by all authors and in all threads, so that we as the threads readers can get a basic gist of where members ARE actually coming from, as regards to their posts. I'm not saying that so that threads can devolve into "this word is more pretty looking than that one from over here, hows that word look from over there from your dictionary's defination xyorz?" etc, because a rose/turd smells as sweet regardless of whether its got some sound and or sound/grammar system attributed to it.

IMO the threads OP'er was quite upfront about the source and there was no real need to push that hard when for some of us it WAS already quite obvious the hearsay nature of the info supplied. But hey Kudo's to you for being persistant and finally getting your full and clear answer as that is EXACTLY what the basis of denying ignorance motto is... dogged determination till the truth is fully revealed!

P.S. I reluctantly gave you a St*r. You earned it though and I'm not about to deny your efforts even though I think they were slightly misplaced.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation:
My extreme, sincerest and unreserved Apologies to romanmel.
[I won't edit my post fail so as to be an unfortunate clear example to other members of kneejerk posting and its tragic and unwarrented outcomes. That and beware of a long threads convoluted twists and turns OK. Soz for being a
and on a wrongly premised stage! Communication is key and I should of gotten the full and clear message and then I would have been clear back 1st. I hope this fail of a failed post [fail because I have to apologize..not because I don't want to apologize [I do and I just have!
], but having too is a clear and present FAIL and a dangerous one at that! :bnghd:

Personal Disclosure: I'm truly sorry that I came to this thread late [i.e. it was moved before I came to it with my totally misconstrued post [i.e OL was incorrectly thinking you were playing some semantics game, when you were COMPLETELY justified in pestering the OP'er about it being posted and or being moved to an appropriate forum! [
... and it has ... YOU ROCK romanme!
Can you PLEASE teach me this important magical skill of AWESOMENESS as I'd like to employ it as well as you have here. That was GOLD!!! ]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

And you have evidence to prove that thought? If you would, please post it so we may see it for ourselves.

Nope, just 27 years of experiences dealing with them.

Uh huh, yeah, and? With that, and after reading your first responce, that only tells me that you have an attitude probem, not a cop problem.

'All police officers are evil, corrupt, scum. Just because this one happened to do a good deed on this one day doesn't change that."

Nope, no attitude here.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Really good story! Peace officers get beat up everyday, literally and figuratively. I'm glad to see one who has a good outlook on life.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hey, nice post. I'm smiling now because I grew up in the hills where the veteran city cops and sheriff's finished up their careers.

I lit a full matchbook on fire, then dropped it as it got too hot, at the bus stop area. It burned a quarter acre of dry grass right up to the Manzinita bushes. We used out t-shirts to get it out. When the police and firetruck got there we were full of suit and dirt from kicking.

Same thing as the OP! Driven home and regulated, restricted and left to my own thoughts of escaping a "prison term" or worse. I was 10 and boy did I learn my lesson!

If I had been carted to juvie, who knows what dastardly schemes I would have picked up.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

I have no attitude problem. I am never rude to cops. I answer their questions and say nothing else. I have never been arrested. I have very few tickets (none in the last 7 years). I never break any traffic law, yet I am still pulled over, made to step out of the vehicle, and interrogated about where I am going/coming from on a monthly basis. I rarely leave my house anymore because of the cops.

So for these reasons, I respect the cops as much as I respect any other roaming gang.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by FiatLux

I have no attitude problem. I am never rude to cops. I answer their questions and say nothing else. I have never been arrested. I have very few tickets (none in the last 7 years). I never break any traffic law, yet I am still pulled over, made to step out of the vehicle, and interrogated about where I am going/coming from on a monthly basis. I rarely leave my house anymore because of the cops.

So for these reasons, I respect the cops as much as I respect any other roaming gang.

OT:

Wow, and you still can`t see it. "I respect the cops as much as I respect any other roaming gang." and, "All police officers are evil, corrupt, scum. Just because this one happened to do a good deed on this one day doesn't change that."

And you don`t see an attitude in that? I hate to tell you, but yes, you do have an attitude problem. And you just confirmed it. Why the problem with them, if they have never hurt you in any way, other than questioning you? That`s no reason for the statements you made about them. They questioned you, so what? Does it hurt anyone to be questioned by cops? Not a bit. Now, if they rough you up for no reason, sure, I could see it. So, other than just being pulled over and being questioned, what else do you have as proof?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Yes it hurts me to be pulled over and questioned constantly. I can't leave my house without the fear of being harassed or possibly arrested, despite doing nothing wrong. I'm sure you'd love a cop to follow you for miles, waiting for any excuse to pull you over so he can search your car.

This equates to living under a restrictive curfew more or less. If it's midnight and I'm in the mood for a hamburger it means deciding if eating is really worth the risk of being detained for half an hour, while a stranger interrogates me on my personal business and goes through my car.

There isn't enough money in legitimate crime. Politicians and the police have to come down hard on the non-criminal population in order to raise funds for the city.

Take speeding tickets for example. If getting a speeding ticket meant a guaranteed 3 days in jail, no one would speed. But since in most cases, you just pay a fine and go on with your life, for alot of people, it's worth the risk. Same with running red lights, double parking, not renewing registration, etc. They want you to break the law.

Regardless, I don't care if you think I have a bad attitude. I think yours is worse. If you want proof of police corruption, clear your calender and do a youtube search. Or ask yourself why someone would take a dangerous, low paying job that will make most people want nothing to do with them, unless they liked the idea of exercising power over others.

And in case you are wondering, no, there is no situation on Earth that could cause me to dial 911. The two times I have been robbed, I reported it to no one.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maximus_Prime
What an amazing story to end my day... Thank you OP for posting this.. Wish their were more intelligent members of the military, police, fire dept, etc, out there just like this guy.

Kudos

At the end of a long, good day for me as well you said it more succinctly than i would have.

Kudos Indeed. This officer keeps alive the hope that all is not lost.

DK2

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I swear I have heard this story before, one of those feelgood email spam storys you get.

I will try to find where I read it and post it here If I can still find it.

Not many kids I know would react to setting a field on fire in that way, he must have had a lot of character for a 13 year old kid.

When I was around that age I set of a fire launching a rocket in a dry field, the rocket was blown a kilometer away because of the wind, after I got back to retrieve it I saw the field on fire and a moment later the fire department showed up. I hid in the unit I was stayingin, scared out of my mind that I would be caught.

If this is a real story kid is a better kid than I was, and a lot of other kids. Most kids will lie themselves stupid trying to get out of trouble.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
this is ATS not sympathy vote

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
That is AWESOME to read.
You just do not hear about this kind of thing happening.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join