It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Yr Old Sets Field on Fire with Fireworks, now for the rest of the story...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Is this thread dead now? Truthfully I feel intimidated to even post this after the last two replies :/

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I'm not trying to nitpick... It's just that you say "It was told to me first hand" For the love of God, read your posts.
That means to me that the guy related the story to you by voice.
So did you go and write it down?

It's nice that your Super Moderator buddy is coming up for you... friends should stand together.

It is time for you two to prove this BS story. Come on then, make me look the fool. I challenge you.

You are caught in a lie and making it worse by defending it. I expected more from super mods.

This is not the ATS I became a member of.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by V1g0r0u5
It's nice that your Super Moderator buddy is coming up for you... friends should stand together.

It is time for you two to prove this BS story. Come on then, make me look the fool. I challenge you.

You are caught in a lie and making it worse by defending it. I expected more from super mods.

Are you calling me a liar mate?

Edit: Ask around before you answer that.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I guess so.
Prove me wrong

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't get why people would think this story is made up?
It's not that fantastical or unbelievable.... if this kind of thing is as rare as rocking horse crap in the USA, then that's pretty sad.

Common sense, sensitivity and leniency should be the way these situations are dealt with, not a rare, one off thing.

Not sure if the police officer personally paying the fines and for the damage is legit or whatever, or covering up for the lad is somehow ok, but either way, good on the cop.

Still don't see why everyone is so worked up and somehow thinks this cop is Jesus reincarnated or some kind of hero..... Is it really that bad over there?
Does everyone really get beaten and tasered all the time, so that a story like this makes people weep and get all emotional?

If so you have some serious issues with policing over there.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
Is this thread dead now? Truthfully I feel intimidated to even post this after the last two replies :/

I have offered legitimate questions regarding this "story". I've never once resorted to personal attacks of the OP. In fact I acknowledged the OP's sincerity.

Intimidation should not be used ever to thwart an open discussion of a "story" that is posted without any documentary proof. It would seem that some wish to "Deny Inquirey" instead of to "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Big deal, I used the term first hand.

So what, we were not standing face to face when the story was TOLD to me.

could've been in a chat room, could've been in a discusson forum, heck, it could have been on skype. Still he told the story to me.

I shared it here.

If you want the truth, I'll tell you what I think the problem is.

1. people are just cop haters and can't stand to think that once actually has a heart and cares about people.

2. jealousy. Yes, jealous of the popularity of this thread.

There I said it.

Also, don't be intimidated to post. Anyone is welcome to post in this thread as well as any thread, just be mindful of the T&C's and be civil.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I guess so.
Prove me wrong

I have nothing to prove. Anyone here will tell you that I can be a cantankerous, opinionated tool at times but you won't get anyone to say I'm a liar.

This person wanted to be anonymous because he didn't want to deal with members like you. If we had less of that maybe the people would be more willing to post their experiences without the fear of being mocked, or called a liar. That's not the ATS I joined.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Big deal, I used the term first hand.

So what, we were not standing face to face when the story was TOLD to me.

could've been in a chat room, could've been in a discusson forum, heck, it could have been on skype. Still he told the story to me.

Ok, so which was it?
It wasn't an email...
It wasn't verbal...

Someone sat down, took the time and trouble to describe an event in a manner designed to elicit the response shown by most of the posters on this thread. I doubt it was in a chat room or skype or a discussion forum.
The format is wrong for that.

So which was it? Just asking...
Did your friend write it?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
Intimidation should not be used ever to thwart an open discussion of a "story" that is posted without any documentary proof. It would seem that some wish to "Deny Inquirey" instead of to "Deny Ignorance".

There was no intimidation. What was given was validity. Hearsay is:

Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience.

en.wikipedia.org...

We both were related this, probably others as well. I fail to see where intimidation comes into play. If you don't like the message, I'm sorry. Can't help you.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I don't hate cops. I hate people who are cops that abuse power.

@blupblup From what I've seen. Cops love to taser people for the hell of it in America.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

If you want the truth, I'll tell you what I think the problem is.

1. people are just cop haters and can't stand to think that once actually has a heart and cares about people.

Here I think we get closer to the truth... the reason for this story...
My guess is that you are a cop, or at least have cops who are close friends, and you guys are sick of the cop bashing recently on ATS.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I take your word that you are truthful. This is not about you or, for that matter, the OP's truthfullness. As I pointed out some time ago, this "story" without any substatuation is strictly "hear-say". That's all.

I might point out that the OP made the assumption that those who ask questions in this thread are "cop haters". Guess it's OK for a "Super Moderator" to resort to personal attacks.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I have nothing to prove.

Yes you do. I am asking for proof of this story.
Please provide some, or else it didn't happen.

Regards

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Am I the only one who reads this and gets the strong feeling that it's a work of fiction?

The writing style seems totally unrealistic if it is supposed to be a first hand account, although it's clearly told in a story format.

It just seems like a clear work of fiction written in a style that you would expect from maybe an aspiring writer or someone who is still somewhat amateur.

Just my opinion though.

P.S. I've never really seen any cool cops.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Here I think we get closer to the truth... the reason for this story...
My guess is that you are a cop, or at least have cops who are close friends, and you guys are sick of the cop bashing recently on ATS.

That could be part of it but doesn't make it any less true:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If any staffer posted knowingly false info that mod would be immediately banned. We've done it before. Mods, supers and an Admin once. Staff are not above the T&C.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

This is turning into an interesting thread.
I wonder if anyone I know is going to tell me a heartwarming story that I can post here soon. I could use the stars. Perhaps it will become a new genre here at ATS.

Heard it from a friend, who...

Regards

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brucio
P.S. I've never really seen any cool cops.

I've known a few. They become cool after retirement.
The ones I know admitted to corruption like it was just Sunday brunch with the guys. Nothing too serious, petty stuff.

At least they had the decency to admit it. Sad they saw nothing wrong with it.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

That is really good to know.
Since you are corroborating the OP's story, would you care to provide just a teeny bit of proof to prevent this thread turning sour?

Regards

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The story was written by the officer, thats why I have it in "quotes", those are not my words, they're his.

I do know him personally, in real life and on-line. He is a dear friend of mine.

I am not now nor have I ever been a cop.

I don't hate cops. I dislike the bad ones. My friend is not a bad one.

anything else ?

edit on by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join