It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Yr Old Sets Field on Fire with Fireworks, now for the rest of the story...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Glad to see that there are some good cops/people out there.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Beautiful story.

A great example of rehabilitation if there ever was one. Much better than just straight up punishment.

Good job officer

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Thats awesome, the officer is definitely a great role model for the law enforcement to follow, little acts of kindness can lead to a better world and make a big difference to someone and or others. n_n

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
PROOF that there ARE STILL a few, decent cops, out there. It is just that 98% of them, give the 2% a bad name.
What a decent man- and how good, to know that SOME are still like that!
Reminds me of my youth (back when dinosaurs ruled the earth!)
My Cudos, to the man in uniform- we need MORE like him!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

This was told to me first hand, you know what that means right? The officer involved, told me personally.

I have no reason to make this up.
I have no reason to believe that my friend made this up.
I have no reason to post it here, other than just to share this with you all.

You don't believe it, thats fine, but would you leave the rest of us alone that enjoy reading the story and finally seeing some good in this world ?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

UUHHHMMM, whatever!! its rly nice you wanna spread peace&all, but let it be resourceful. No proof & just HEARSAY....no believeA ;-) i signed on to this site 2read INFO, not STORIES that cannot be backed...i've yet to see a town, state, props to tha COPS name [if such a deed was done, there NEEDS 2b credit where credit is due] .....maybe a report of the fire?? that would @least make it seemingly more true, but YET YOU PROVIDE NOTHING...... IF it did happen, YOU SHOULD provide proof. IF you wanted REAL ppl to believe you, you would provide something. WHO BELIEVES HEARSAY NOWADAYS??? OMG!! LOL but yeah, UUHMM nice.....STORY! false hope is all it is!! next time TRY to provide believeable proof, PLS! FOR THE SAKE OF TIME OF YOUR READERS ;-)

nice callin out job romanmel !!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

yeah, i see that you do have reason to post such a STORY......PROVIDING FALSE POSITIVE VIBES TO FEEBLE MINDED WANNAbELIEVERS....its just as harsh as negative vibes. THE TRUTH SHALL SET you..you dear, FREE...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by braveWarrior]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Yes, he is my friend and told me the story today.

Wouldn't it be great if the 13 year old grew up to become a police or fire man?

that'd be just DANDY =) if it were real. personally i think its TOXIC this was posted and i actually continued to read and comment.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Sounds like one of those made up inspirational chain letters. And I hope this counts for line 2?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Im not doubting the OP, that he was told this story, but it does have BS written all over it.

For one, when you call 911 and report a fire there is going to be several squad cars including but not always local, county and state that show up along with the fire department and ambulance service, even though it was a field fire.

The owners of the property, in this case he said the State will also be notified.

So even if the underlying situation is true, there are many more people involved than just a lone cop.

Also overly descriptive, dramatic and specific.

-Momma works odd jobs and is on welfare and food stamps
-Daddy ran off
-I hugged him a dozen times and he ran to me crying and hugged me for what seemed like forever
-40 year old 14x65 trailer(he apparently just knows this by looking)

Next email you get i suppose you'll learn that:
-The cop is now dating the mother and they are fixin to get married
-He is also in the process of legally adopting the kid
-The cop and new family has just moved in to a quaint little farmhouse with a picket fence that the mother always dreamed of.
-The kid now only dreams of being a police officer just like dad.

Also you dont just whip out your wallet and pay for a dispatch of the fire department and the subsequent fighting of the fire, it could easily be well over a couple thousand dollars.

I dont know, it is possible, but nothing about this story rings true.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This wasn't sent to me in an email.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Proof with the news article about a fireworks fire set on state property? It is after the 4th of July after all. High likelihood it was mentioned in local news.

Local news loooves covering fireworks gone wrong as a prime example as to why the masses should be banned from anything more flammable than a pesticide cigarette.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skull_bones
Im not doubting the OP, that he was told this story, but it does have BS written all over it...

...Also overly descriptive, dramatic and specific.

-Momma works odd jobs and is on welfare and food stamps
-Daddy ran off
-I hugged him a dozen times and he ran to me crying and hugged me for what seemed like forever
-40 year old 14x65 trailer(he apparently just knows this by looking)

...I dont know, it is possible, but nothing about this story rings true.

I agree. I'm sure the OP has honorable intentions in relating this story. Verifiable it is not.

However, might I also point out one glaring error in the OP's story, as stated? The size of the 40 year old 14x65 trailer just ain't so. According to Wikipedia, "Typical mobile home from the 1960s and 70s: twelve by sixty feet" See this truth at:

en.wikipedia.org...

This is but one example why the "story" is suspect...the story, not the OP's good intentions.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thats the best you can come up with, the size of the trailer the boy and woman live in.

Seriously.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Sounds like a fairy tale to me. Obviously a work of fiction.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by romanmel

This was told to me first hand, you know what that means right? The officer involved, told me personally.

In the OP, you said your friend sent you the story.

13 Yr Old Sets Field on Fire with Fireworks, now for the rest of the story...

A personal friend of mine sent this today. He gave me permission to share this with you all.

In this day and age there is so much going on this this world, so much uglyness, hate, racism, etc. It's hard to find something good and inspiring to talk about.

Well, read on....

The story is written in the first person.
Either your friend sent you the story via email or some other way, or he told you. You deny quite emphatically that he sent you the story by email.

Then he must have told you the story just like you insist, even though it contradicts what you say in the OP, as I have quoted above.

So if he told you the story, did you sit down and write the story in the first person, as if you were the cop, and write it like a creative writing assignment? With all the scene-setting and descriptive drama?

Methinks more and more that this is made up.

Regards

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by V1g0r0u5

Oh for the love of GOD.

Sent, told, doesn't matter.

If someone emails you or posts something to you online and you read it, was it not sent and by you reading it, were you then not told something by that person.

What I said was that it wasn't a "chain email" that I'd received.

Nit pick away, it's all you've got. You people just want to argue and look for any reason not to believe in something good. Fine, it's your choice.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It's inspiring, don't get me wrong. It's the type of thing we should all be imitating.

It just feels off, you know.

EDIT: And about the size of the trailer. According to whoever looked up the wiki info. The size was off by like 3%...

So in reality if you were gauging size simply by your eye, if indeed true, would be quite accurate.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
OK, enough of this BS. The story is true. This person is also a friend of mine and it was related to me as well. Working in the same industry we share things.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join