It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Priority U.S. Military Report claims "Apocalyptic Christians" may pose threat to world peace!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

I could not agree more brainwrek,we live upon a giant insane asylum and the inmates have most definitely taken over.
It`s like the old Bill Hicks joke about a bunch of kids fighting over who has
the best imaginary friend!
Sad times indeed!

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

wow, good job Doc
star for that blessed sermon
Amen

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
One thing I noticed is that the fundies don't regard any other christians as christians...
It seems most christians look at other christians as Satanists
who exisistance was deemed by Satan to distract the real christians from the real god...

Like the catholic Irish battling the protestant Irish...
Them are fake christians get em!
Them women are witches get em!
Them children are undefended christians get em!

"Some people say Adolf Hitler was an atheist. They blame atheism for Hitler's philosophy and actions. But the historical record shows that Hitler believed in God and was convinced he was carrying out God's will."
Christians constituted a wellspring of support for Hitler. Steve Allen notes that Nazi Germany in the 1930s "was the most church-affiliated nation in Europe. The German people were almost entirely Catholic and Lutheran. Despite such factors they launched the Holocaust and World War II." Charles Kimball likewise says the Holocaust "would not have happened without the active participation of, sympathetic support of, and relative indifference exhibited by large numbers of Christians."
www.humanismbyjoe.com...

The fundie I mentioned earlier totally supports Israel and can't wait for Israel's destruction because that means his "savior" is just around the corner....

sound familliar?
ask yourself this: if successfull when will they stop?

while you are answering that question ask this one: why have so called christian leaders Like Bush and Harper and Obama and all of the guilty govermentarians pledged unquestiong support for Israel above all else?

The jews have a prophesy that they will rule after 6 million Jews die in BURNING ovens...( not GAS ovens )...hey there is just recently 6 million jews in Israel ....
PS
The fundie went on and on about how his ancestors fought Hitler
I had to point out that on both sides his ancestors were Fins.
The fought with Hitler.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa

They believe that the "Rapture" is a conduit prepared by God for us to escape the coming global wrath known as the Tribulation (comparable to the days of Noah, when God safely place a few faithful believers in the ark first and then caused the rain to pour down thereafter).
Pre-tribulationist, dispensationalists believe that this unprecedented event will take place simultaneously with the appearance (the revealing) of the Anti-Christ.

The Anti-Christ, according to these believers, will not be able to come to power until the "body of believers" (together with the presence of the Holy Spirit) is removed from this earth.
Only then, at that moment, can the Anti-Christ come into power.

The presence of good souls on Earth preventing an evil power like the anti-christ or devil from taking over? As a Christian, this makes a lot of sense really.

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa

According to these Christians, the "Rapture" will literally be a celestial wedding, the union of the bride (the "church" or "the body of believers") and the Groom (Jesus Christ).
This "wedding" celebration in the air will last for 7 days, which could be equivalent to 7 earthly years.

Reckon a few people round here (self included) could go for a 7 year Sky Party!!! All while the crap and greed gets washed away.

No seriously, if there were people drowing while I was partying in the clouds, that wouldn't be as cool...but hey who's to argue right?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
Jesus freaks and religion in general pose the biggest threat to humanity than anything else ever has.

Yeah.. How so? This statement makes no sense.

I agree that religion can be used as a tool to control people and gain power and influence, but the majority of Christian religions are honest people who strongly believe in Jesus and what he did for them and his words to help them live a better life.. there is nothing sinister or harmful to the word in that at all.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
haven't read thru the whole thread, so sorry if this has already been pointed out...

but, I would like to point out that it's not just the christian religion that has a segment of it working hard to fullfill their prophecies.

I've also noticed glimpses of it from within the jewish religion, and well, the Islamic religion has more than a glimpse.

heck even the new agers have the tendency to be a little apocalyptic.
what I find a little more than disturbing is that most of them see themselves as being the only group saved from the chaos!
the christians will be raptured. the new agers will just "advance"...ect.....

I had a recent conversation with a friend of mine about the gulf oil spill. all I said was it might be a good idea to invite her family up to visit for awhile...
went on to tell her some of things that are being said about the gulf region...

oh, no, there's no need, all the new agers are just gonna send their energy into mother earth and heal it!
outside of the fact that the well looks like it has more than enough energy there already.....well......
I can see why it might be beneficial to the powers that be to have these rather large groups of people living in this kind of "head in the sand" lifestyle....

what if there is no savior coming to save yas.....
and you find yourselves stuck in the same chaos as everyone else?? aren't you gonna kind of wish that you would have done something, anything, to try to stop some of the chaos from coming on?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
Remember, by then, there will be plenty of EVIDENCE that the Bible is true.
So what would you do?

As long as we're playing the Tribulation scenario, I can tell you seriously that I don't fear death or dying in the least — I've had a taste of afterlife, so I know the continuity is there. It's not exactly what Christians expect, I can tell you, but I think it's GREATER than what any of us expect. It's not a matter of a dying ember, a few strands of oxygen-depleted neural tissue producing hallucinations — My God, it's full of stars!

Really, it's hard to put into words (although that never stops me).

But reading my favorite author, Arthur C. Clarke, actually helped prepare my brain for the death experience. The metamorphosis of Dave Bowman I found especially enchanting... For those who haven't read Clarke, the fictional character Dave Bowman is an astronaut who, among other things, metamorphoses into an omniscient (and omnipotent) cosmic being that you might recognize as the Star Child.

Clarke is an expert at spinning your ass around and giving you a new perspective, a new set of goggles, and no doubt Clarke influenced my thinking about Man and God.

So, to answer your question, when we enter the Tribulation, I think I'd defend my home as best I can, because I enjoy fighting and I'm not going to let all this ammo go to waste, and I'll admonish those who approach me to "call on the name of the Lord" and save themselves, because it says right there in the Bible that, regardless of the depth and breadth and height and stench of your many sins, all you have to do is call on the name of the Lord — that being Jesus Christ — and POWEE you are saved.

Roger, we got that one

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Once again many here will still succumb to the divide and conquer tactics. You are still being played. Instead of looking at your comrades as being the problem, look up...look above. Look to the ones who set this in motion; they are the same ones who are causing the chaos now.

"The secptre shall not depart from Judah as long as they come to Shiloh."
Who holds the sceptre? Who bears the heraldry of the lion rampant said to be associated with Judah?

The problem is, "they are not coming to Shiloh" anymore; the secptre (powers and authorities) are now threatened. The power structure is crumbling. There will soon be an action taken to attempt to thwart this.

"The Beast System, guided by the Harlot will destroy those people who are unable to be deceived by the lies."

It will be a last ditch effort culminating in the rise of a new empire.

The spider is very tricky in weaving her invisible web to draw you out. Don't fall for the division games.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Some would say too good to be true.

Anyone can receive forgiveness - but can they hand it out?

That's where the proof is.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caveat Lector

The presence of good souls on Earth preventing an evil power like the anti-christ or devil from taking over? As a Christian, this makes a lot of sense really.

I am curious why that would make sense? Does not your bible already spell out what is to happen? Does it not also explain that he will be more powerful than to succumb to men with guns?

I really am curious about people stockpiling weapons and preparing the fight the anti-Christ. Do these people not believe the bible?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

where in the biblie does it mention guns?
or did i miss that page?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

where in the biblie does it mention guns?
or did i miss that page?

I do not understand why you are asking me that. Maybe you can tell me where in the bible it says that the anti-Christ may succumb to any man made weapons. I thought your bible kind of spelled out how things go and he loses anyway?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

This is a little out of context since it is speaking of government authority but if the government became evil then some might say the authority shifts to the righteous.

Rom 13:4
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

I don't own a gun anymore. It's against my religion. /s?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Not my Bible my man
as you may have noticed if you read on this thread I'm anti religionist.
for the same reason
I just wondered
if you could back up your statement regarding Guns in the bible...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Not my Bible my man
as you may have noticed if you read on this thread I'm anti religionist.
for the same reason
I just wondered
if you could back up your statement regarding Guns in the bible...

Well then it makes even less sense because I did not say that the bible said anything about guns or Guns.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing." Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. For I say to you that this which is written must still be accomplished in Me: 'And He was numbered with the transgressors.' For the things concerning Me have an end." So they said, "Lord, look, here are two swords." And He said to them, "It is enough." -Luke 22:35-38

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

"Does it not also explain that he will be more powerful than to succumb to men with guns?"

Ok, what ever you say...
PS i guess "it" depends on what your definition of "it" is

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

"Does it not also explain that he will be more powerful than to succumb to men with guns?"

Ok, what every you say...

Where does it say that the bible actually mentions guns? As I understand it, the bible explains that God is powerful enough that if he wanted a million strawberry cupcakes, he could have them. I am certain it does not actually mention cupcakes but it describes his abilities as such. Get it??

OK, follow along. That bible also says that it takes Divine Intervention to defeat the anti-Christ. Maybe you can explain to me why a god would need guns or why guns could do something the bible says it needs God to do?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

PS i guess "it" depends on what your definition of "it" is

No, just reading and following along really. It was a simple question to a Christian. If you are anti-religion, then why are you even trying to answer?

The reason I assumed it was your bible was because I was asking to hear what was in the mind of an apocalyptic warrior. If you are not one or do not represent one, then who are you to try and speak for one?

Thanks for joining in anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

i can't believe that the military doesn't realize that most of us have known this for quite some time.

and most of us also know the government capitalizes on these religious beliefs to garner support, both in loyalty as well as money, in order to power their own objective which is the never-ending quest for fossil fuels.

and it doesn't matter if they are "on" to each other's motivations because they both want what they want SO BAD that they don't care how it comes about, as long as IT DOES.

that's where the true danger lies - there are no outside constraints to their way of thinking and acting and neither do they "self-check."

they are just pushing pushing pushing circumstance to the limit to either get to the oil or get to the rapture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join