posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:50 PM
I am just curious as to the thoughts of people talking about a SHTF.
I have read many posts here and the things that some of you think you need to take is quite extensive. I have a basic list of what you need listed
below...in no order.
1. food ... anything you eat now that keeps for long periods of time with no refrigeration. Don't plan on something you hate to eat or that you have
never tried before...know what you and yours like to eat.
2. water/filter system...for your drinking water and any other use that you have for clean purified water...cooking ,laundry...ect.
3. shelter...tent/camper/cabin....a place to FEEL safe and secure at...that you will be for this. It could be a long time.
4. proper cloths...for whatever area of the world your in and the changing weather from season to season. That means having several of the important
items like coats, gloves and hats. You get the point.
5. tools/gear...used to build, repair, fix or make what you need to survive. Anything from an ax, saw, or hammer to nails, screws, generators and
6. weapon(s)/ammo...for self defense and hunting...rifles pistols to bow and arrows.
Ok...now that you have the basics covered, do you think you can carry more gear or other items for your survival?
I know medicane for you or a loved one...what happens if you cannot get more because they quit making it when the SHTF started...how long will you
I know, a seed bank and garden tools...how long does it take to grow your garden?...months,so what do you do in the meantime?
Are you using your workshop? powered how? in almost any and every SHTF the power goes out and economy tanks as a result of it.
People are saying to take family pictures and dishes and uncle bob's ashes from the mantle...people, I hope that your not seriously thinking you will
be able to have all the luxuries of your current life style...
If the economy goes belly up, why do you need $$ if it is worthless?
Buy gold and silver...yeah ok and buy what? for me to trade with you...RIGHT...
I want something that is useful to me and gold and silver aren't and it isn't to the the vast majority of the others out there. You will need to
have a skill or be able to give me something that I need or don't have in order for me to even think about trading anything with you....something
that would improve or help my quality of life...whatever that might be at the time.
Invest in preps and knowledge, your brain is the best tool to have...keep it sharp.
I just wanted to get this out there for people to read. I hope that people realize that if this does happen and we do have a serious SHTF..you want to
be prepaired the best you can. Do what you need to, to survive...everyone needs and uses different things and hopefully has the same ending