It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NASA Director Says Muslim Outreach Push 'Deeply Flawed'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Pakistan is out reached by the US for second shot at the moon (that is the flag for pakistan right? )

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I don't know. It was a flag image labeled as the Flag of Islam that I pasted over the stars on our flag. Tongue in Cheek.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Religion isn't a delusion. In fact you're more likely to find religious aliens out there than anything else. There's plenty of resources to go around, so no need to fight for them, there's a lot of genetic material out there, so eugenic aliens would be pretty much too busy to go that far out. But evangelical aliens would have serious desire to go out as far as possible and make others like themselves.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
According to the White House, they don't know what Charles Bolden is taking about.

White House denies NASA remark on Muslim outreach

According to the FOXNews, it was different two weeks ago. Here's a quote from the original link.

Officials from the White House and NASA on Tuesday stood by Bolden's statement that part of his mission is to improve relations with Muslim countries -- though NASA backed off the claim that such international diplomacy is Bolden's "foremost" responsibility.

It just makes me wonder who's lying. If I had to make a choice I would have to say that Charles Bolden is telling the truth. To be fair, I included NASA's Muslim outreach: Al Jazeera told first from the The Examiner.

I can hear Obama now saying, "What I meant to say was..."

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this very interesting story. I don't read/watch FOX, NASA or Al Jazeera so would have missed it entirely without your post and ATS. Several items jump off the page:

"...the United States is not going to travel beyond low-Earth orbit on its own and that no country is going to make it to Mars without international help."

What is different now that prevents the U.S. from going beyond low-Earth orbit as it did when it put men on the moon? (Is the moon considered to be low-earth orbit...what am I missing?) Is it that orbits are perturbed and unstable or is it that the U.S. is broke and needs oil money to go? If it needs money to go why then specifically mention outreach to Indonesia? Is that because Indonesia is more westernized and therefore easier to reach out to?

" 'We really like Indonesia because the State Department, the Department of Education (and) other agencies in the U.S. are reaching out to Indonesia as the largest Muslim nation in the world,' he said."

The Muslim world still looks up in order to spot the crescent moon and begin their month. Most of the rest of the world looks to Nasa to supply data and pictures and a calendar. If NASA is de-cloaking and revealing itself as a propaganda arm then it would make sense to reach out to a people who still value direct observation and are not yet content to look to NASA for all heavenly information. Something to ponder.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join