It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration Costs U.S. $113 Billion a Year, Study Finds

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

You think what? I don't hire illegal workers. That's illegal. Take your issues up with your neighbor, who I think is full of it. Wages are above the minimum wage range for this type of work now. You may be going on WAY old information. In addition, they have union support and in addition they have the Secretary of Labor looking out for their interests. Something most Americans have not had for a very long time. And again, I suggest you actually read the entire thread before posting.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
$113Billion wow, that's a lot of money.

I believe that is just the cost to government.

How much cost to the public.
From what a detective friend has told me is that 10%of the illegal come to the US just to commit crimes. and another 20% work but commit crimes for extra money.

Its well known to law enforcement that for every crime committed by criminal that the cops find out and caught these same criminals commit a average or 20 crimes they do not get caught.

Every thing from stealing copper wire from farms and ranches to stealing cars and stripping them or taking them to Mexico.

Its a big business to steal cars for Mexico.
Many of these are taken by illegals returning to Mexico for a visit.

Why go back to Mexico the hard way.
They have been working and/or stealing in the US for 3 to 5 years and to go home they steal a car or truck and drive it across the border in some remote area in AZ or NM then sell the car or truck.
they then spend 3 to 6 months at home and cross back into the US.

In the county i live in Calif farm and ranch thieves get over 1 million in property every year.
About 60 % that are caught are illegals.
The worst part is about 80% of the illegals that are caught work or have worked on the farm or ranch they stole from

I would have to add 150 to 200 million to the cost in just losses to the public from crimes committed by illegals.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm pretty bad at math, but $113 billion breaks down to about $9500 per illegal, assuming 12 million illegals.

Of those, probably what, half are children? So 6 million children. Say 60% are school age, so that's 3.6 million school age children.

The average cost of educating these children alone, at an average of $10,000 per child would be $36 billion alone?

Of that amount, how much school taxes do we think illegals contribute? How many own homes?

I'm assuming similar breakdowns could be made for things like health care per illegal...something like one ER visit at an average of $2000 per year...

All these small things can really start eating into this $9500 per person derived from the $113 billion number fast.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
There is always 2 sides to a coin.
What this report fails to mention is how much money they bring for the US
I'm ready to bet that they provide more to the economy than what they cost the US govt. If they were such a drain on the economy, don't you think the greedy corporates running the USA would have done something by now?

To put it in a better perspective, think about removing every single illegal. Many many jobs will be lost because they are consumers just like everybody else, entire towns would simply disappear and every major corporation would see a loss of a major source of profit.

I believe it'd do more harm than good, at least in the short term.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracleIf they were such a drain on the economy, don't you think the greedy corporates running the USA would have done something by now?

Of course not. The corporations are interested in only the cheap labor, as they've indicated by sending millions of our jobs offshore. The corporations also don't care about how doing so has compromised our tax base. As lone as the money goes into their pockets, they don't much care where it comes from or who does the work or what it costs this country. Illegal and cheap labor = Less they have to pay out of their profits.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Last time I checked, sniper rifles and bullets cost alot less...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
From the source:

Groups that support immigration reform immediately attacked FAIR's report and pointed out that it is the polar opposite of the Perryman Report, a 2008 study that found illegal immigration was actually a boon to the American economy. It estimated that illegal immigrants add $245 billion in Gross Domestic Product to the economy and account for 2.8 million jobs.

Makes sense to me. You've gotta live. That means food, rent, utilities, etc.

I wonder how much additional value they add to our economy due to them subsidizing the low cost of the products that all of us consume?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Do you mean things like fruit and vegetables? Hardly low cost, and rising faster than our mean wages. Those who still have wages, that is.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
My Friends Thank You for participating in this thread, you've all gave some really good advice, except of course the ones I mentioned in the beginning, The FOX NEWS Haters and the , This Came From A Right Wing Organization Freaks.
They hate anything Not Leaning To The Progressive Left. Off Obamas nut sack.

What I did find out was, many of the deniers, did not click the two links provided just for them, this is where the cost was broken down by state and resources provided.

How do I feel about Obamas and other political Administrations now and in the past?[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c68b8013439f.jpg[/atsimg]I do not like this Uncle Sam, I do not like his health care scam.

I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books.

I do not like when Congress steals,

I do not like their secret deals.

I do not like this speaker Nan,

I do not like this 'YES WE CAN'.

I do not like this spending spree,

I'm smart, I know that nothing's free,

I do not like your smug replies, when I complain about your lies.

I do not like this kind of hope.

I do not like it. nope, nope, nope!

[edit on 7-7-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

A ray of hope, gives me some faith when I see people adding things up and when they don't add up SAYING SO.... " What this report fails to mention is how much money they bring for the US I'm ready to bet that they provide more to the economy than what they cost the US govt. If they were such a drain on the economy, don't you think the greedy corporates running the USA would have done something by now?"

Sometimes you just have to ask the simple questions???? IF IT WAS a problem don't ya think they would have dome something about this in the last 25 years????

I can remember the beginning of the end, you young whipper snappers (lol) don't know when it started nor do you really care, but this mess started sometime in the early 90's when companies were finding out that they could farm out the expensive jobs to oversea companies to do for a fraction of the cost, giving them an advantage over the competition who also found the trick and followed in doing the same, as Perot and other visionaries saw back then but no one listened!

Those illegals aren't taking your middle class jobs guuys!!!! they are working in fast food as cleaners and labor markets jobs that require little to no education and that are at the bottom of the salary food chain, the jobs that people are complaining about are MIDDLE CLASS and have LONG BEEN farmed out overseas , as I mentioned starting back in the 90's.

So the illegals filled a needed gap in the ponzy scheme the government was running and that was taxes and revenue, you know it alls seem to think these immigrants come here to rape and kill your daughters and make druggies out of your sons. they come here to start a new life and undoubtedly send money home to there families but not by the millions as proposed. and those who say they need to do it the legal way, have no idea what the legal way is and more to the point not even the immigration offices do! that's why you need 5K and a lawyer to figure out.

The states has become a lawyers dream, the red tape and legal mumbo jumbo is what keeps poor people poor, rich people don't bother with laws and rules (to many examples to show you but you see it every day)

simple logic here guys. lets just assume for a second the life of an ILLEGAL

they work, if they work as some would have you believe they sit in wait and Rob and steal or sell drugs for a living, so if they work legally or not the company that hired them are paying taxes (FICA etc) or are we saying they too are thief's and don't pay taxes??

By the way I happen to know for a FACT that the IRS dosn't care who pays taxes they will take it (they did for me for 27 years!!)

They enjoy eating food, paying for it with money they earned ???? or stole as some claim, that supports the economy with revenue and TAXES.

They all don't live in tents in the middle of nowhere so I would have to assume they RENT, also contributing to the economy with rent, utilities and services and TAXES.

Now since all of you Americans already know you can't get SOCIAL SERVICES without a BIRTH CERTIFICATE and or IDENTIFICATION unless of course I am to believe that if my nationality is of a Spanish decent then I would be excluded from those requirements then I would have to say they too MUST also have those documents, unless of course we assume they all 11M + or so have good fake documents that are undetected by government offices.

EXCLUDE Children because regardless if you like it or not and most of the American are born of IMMIGRANTS some in fact ILLEGAL are AMERICAN CITIZENS. So education and welfare if needed are there born rights as AMERICANS right?

I know the hard core haters will argue about every point but sometimes you just have to ask the simple questions??? if it smells like #$%@ maybe it is #$%@ ......................

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Doubleagent

Dude I just gotta believe that was a stupid attempt at humor, because if it wasn't then you are a waste of space.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You don't think the price of goods is rising because your burning all the witches do you??? I mean hunting down all those low wage workers and making companies start hiring more expensive labor do you ???

I mean really do ya think????

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I'm ready to bet that they provide more to the economy than what they cost the US govt. If they were such a drain on the economy, don't you think the greedy corporates running the USA would have done something by now?

To put it in a better perspective, think about removing every single illegal. Many many jobs will be lost because they are consumers just like everybody else, entire towns would simply disappear and every major corporation would see a loss of a major source of profit.

I believe it'd do more harm than good, at least in the short term.

OK, I've re-read your post numerous times. I have a question.
What Planet are you from

Where do you live? I mean, Jesus, Do you ever come out of your home?
Ether you are a recluse and never leave your home or you live in a neighborhood in a City and State that I could not afford to buy a house in.

Explain to me exactly what illegals have of monetary value to bring into our Country? Is it your Drugs? Is it Bed-Bugs, Fleas, Lice and Ticks? Is it the two or three kids in-tow that will require medical attention and a education?

Yes, free medical care at tax payers expense, a free education and free breakfast and lunch at tax payers expense.

If we're so lucky as to deport a vast majority if not all illegals from or Country, Please tell me what town will simple disappear? That's just plain stupid.
Yes, corporations would see a loss of profits, but they would be forced to hire legal residence instead of illegals. HELL, I guess many of you here have teenagers out of work because they can't get hired at, Taco Bell, McDonald, Wendy's, Burger King, Tyson's Chicken plant and many other job locations. They are not really consumers, they are sucking most of the State and Cities DRY, So no jobs will be lost, but new jobs will be available to legal Americans.
Why, Because, Illegals have the whole family working at that place of business. That business needs to be fined and jailed and then deported to any Country but America.

I know of entire hospitals having to close their doors because they could not pay their staff, Why, to many illegals not paying their bills, how you ask, they give false addresses, phone numbers and employment information.
( I use to get phone calls from hospitals, schools, clinics and collection agency's all the time. ) They had my number and was passing it around. Thank GOD, They couldn't get my SSN#.

You really need to get out and see the world, or you should not VOTE and I would hope you don't BREED again, we have enough brain dead people in this world.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Immigrants offer their work. That is what they have to offer the US. Now if labor is of no value then what do hard working americans who have only that offer the US?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by daskakik]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

Exactly how is this possible?

Remember that adding extra people to the labor pool usually drives down wages and leads to a scarcity of jobs.

Unless you like the American lower classes having to compete harder for jobs and getting a lower wage.

And that under the table low cost labor that illegals gets to be paid back plus more in welfare and health-care costs that the rest of America has to shoulder.

So the American poor have a double whammy. They have to compete harder for jobs and they have to pay taxes (usually sales taxes and passed down business taxes) to support the illegal immigration welfare.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by guohua

Immigrants offer their work. That is what they have to offer the US. Now if labor is of no value then what do hard working americans who have only that offer the US?

Americans offer their work, and their tax money to help pay for the system. Illegals inflate the labor pool, use the system, and send money back to Mexico.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

reply to post by guohua

Americans offer their work, and their tax money to help pay for the system. Illegals inflate the labor pool, use the system, and send money back to Mexico.

So if they get amnesty and start paying taxes then they offer the US what any other american offers.

Now as to sending money home I think most would say that if a person works for his money he is free to do with it what he likes.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

reply to post by guohua

They are not Immigrants if your taking about the same people I am. Figure it out. Are you taking about the person that went through the process to obtain a passport and visa to enter our country then yes, they are Immigrants and they'll want to apply for permanent residence status, which means get a Green Card.

If you are talking about Illegals They have done nothing but lower the pay scale and lower most property values and suck our economy dry.
They offer work to the Dirty Peace Of SH%T Business Owner that needs to be fined, jailed and sent to the country he likes to hire from for his work force and he can apply for a job there.

Illegals have nothing to offer, except tears after they've ran into your family with their car with no insurance and they jump bail and flee back to their home country.
They don't care about you, me or anything American, except your willingness to give them money and free education and free health care.

If you think other wise, you need to open your eyes or don't ever VOTE again.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I'm talking about the person who puts in a days work. I don't care if they're legal or illegal because if they are working then the US is making use of their labor. That is a fact.

If a US citizen has nothing to offer but his labor then he is pretty much in the same boat as the immigrants (legal or illegal). Maybe that's why they don't give a damn about you. Cause in the end a US citizen is the same as the illegals but more expensive.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join