It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration Costs U.S. $113 Billion a Year, Study Finds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

I'll take an illegal over a high-level exec or politician any day.

peace

Would that be the gang member, the drug dealer, the murderer, pedophile, thief....Which ones would you liKe?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

peace

Would that be the gang member, the drug dealer, the murderer, pedophile, thief....Which ones would you liKe?

Because all illegal immigrants--and indeed ANY immigrants in your philosophy--could only ever be rapists, murderers, drug dealers, thieves, etc....right?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cagliostro

That one Arizona sheriff I've seen on TV...I think his name is Paul Babeu, I'm disinclined to actually look it up for you, sadly...but I have heard him state that 17% of the illegals that they catch (presumably referring to AZ) already have US criminal records...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Sorry to say, Bush was no better. Even in the aftermath of 9/11 he never did a damn thing about the borders. He not only tolerated illegal immigration, he welcomed it. Lest we forget "the little brown ones" in the Bush family. Flashback. Bush-41's words, not mine.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Dude, the Hispanic gangs here will kill you for fun if you flash your lights at night. And they'll knife you in a heartbeat. They had "awareness" memos at my son's high school while he still attended. They are BRUTAL and far more violent than what we've seen before. Most carry knives on them. Now, I'm in no way saying that they're all of what you listed, but we sure don't need any MORE of that.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by boondock-saint

Man, that's some scewed math. 2.8 million jobs. Let's round that up to 3 million. What are the others doing? Probably the same as us. Going to school, raising kids. Let's work on the 4 family member paradigm and that's probably conservative. 4 X 3 million is 12 million. Doesn't seem so bad does it?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by intrepid]

I don't know many people who can afford to go to college. I don't know a single person who has or can afford 4 kids!
The illegals I know have at least 3 and are on welfare. All the people I know who have kids can't afford to stay home with them. Maybe where you live things are different.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Now Folks, I need to add, With all our states going Bankrupt, Do you really believe, Team Obama needs to sue Arizona for 1070, sense we are trying to fix our own financial problem.

Released today from: US government sues Arizona over anti-immigration law
news.yahoo.com...

This is a quote from the article and I think it says it ALL ABOUT OBAMA and HIS
ADMINISTRATION and HOW HE THINKS:
[WASHINGTON (AFP) – The US government on Tuesday filed a lawsuit against Arizona for a controversial immigration law which has been sharply criticized by America's neighbors and by the US administration.

A Justice Department statement said it was challenging the new state law in the courts because it hampered the authority of the administration of President Barack Obama to enforce national immigration policy.

It also placed significant "burdens" on federal agencies and law enforcement, the department argued.

Federal laws do not permit the development of a "patchwork of state and local immigration policies," it said.

"Setting immigration policy and enforcing immigration laws is a national responsibility," US Attorney General Eric Holder said in the statement.

Arizona, the Justice Department said, "crossed a constitutional line."]

OK, My Friends, What Line did we cross
is it the safety and welfare of our citizens first. is it our financial status as a State to take care of our own?

It is the fact that we are not getting on our knees to Dear Leader ( Obama ) and Begging for forgiveness, YUP, That's what it is. He wants us to be dependent on him. Well he's proving he's a lier and can't be trust.

Let's get our states out of dept.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If the moony-eyed illegal alien lovers want to see the true effects of what our uninvited neighbors south of the border do to a neighborhood they move into. Find an old TV show filmed on the streets of LA in the 60s or 70s (Dragnet, Adam 12 etc) and google the same cross streets today and see what illegal aliens will do to a working class neighborhood.

They have no respect for the country. They neither worked for nor built it. All they did was jump a fence.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Talk about no s**t shirlock.

jee, What happens when you openly welcome slaves into a free nation?
Oh right! They chose slaves over payed workers!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Some words by John Lennon come to mind here -

"get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged"
"get back Pablo" (or something similar ('
')

This can't end well for anyone, citizen or illegal immigrant.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Your definition is correct. That is ABSOLUTELY right. La Raza is invasion.
Period. To be honest, third world culture immigrants bring third world values.
You know, life is cheap, kidnapping is a given, extortion is a daily routine,
theft is a given, violence is respected, the rule of club and fang.Not to mention
the exploitation of ANY government or State run welfare agency. False ID,
False Names,False Stories, and on and on. The icing on the cake, Use every method possible to to infiltrate and disrupt the common culture, traditions,
and social values of the host country targeted. I got you pegged bro.
What, you don't think I've read my CIA Foreign Operations Manual?
All this a side. I'll down some Margaritas with you and some fine Latina
Beauties ANY DAY. But don't try to pull this angle on me ever.
Salute Y Tranquilo

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cagliostro

Originally posted by Night Star

peace

Because all illegal immigrants--and indeed ANY immigrants in your philosophy--could only ever be rapists, murderers, drug dealers, thieves, etc....right?

Nope, but those are the ones there are too many of. And for all the pro-illegal folks who want open borders these are the people coming through with the good ones. So...you can't have your cake and eat it too. You take them all or none at all unless they come through the proper channels where they can be screened.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So have any of you ever served on a Grand Jury for 1 Year?
The United States Government cannot charge anyone with a Crime
Unless a Grand Jury hands down a True Bill.
So the Department Of Justice has not gone to a Grand Jury for a
True Bill stating that Arizona has Violated any Human Rights which is a Crime.
The Department Of Justice has filed a Civil Lawsuit in Arizona.
Civil must be interfering with commerce in some way to be able to sue in court without a
True Bill from a Grand Jury.
Again to violate someone’s Civil rights it must take a Grand Jury to give a
True Bill.
But today’s news says
Department Of Justice Sues Arizona
It must about Commerce because to charge the State would take a True Bill
From a Grand Jury
To go to Court because Arizona violated someone’s civil Rights!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

To be honest, third world culture immigrants bring third world values.
You know, life is cheap, kidnapping is a given, extortion is a daily routine,
theft is a given, violence is respected, the rule of club and fang.Not to mention
the exploitation of ANY government or State run welfare agency.

This sounds familiar...given a different backdrop of manicured lawns, nice homes and shiny skyscrapers, could we not also apply these "third world values" to various sectors of the United States (politics, high finance)?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..
If the moony-eyed illegal alien lovers want to see the true effects of what our uninvited neighbors south of the border do to a neighborhood they move into. Find an old TV show filmed on the streets of LA in the 60s or 70s (Dragnet, Adam 12 etc) and google the same cross streets today and see what illegal aliens will do to a working class neighborhood.

They have no respect for the country. They neither worked for nor built it. All they did was jump a fence.

You're just far, FAR too broad with your bigoted generalities. "They" all are a scourge! "They" don't respect anything! And the TV show "proof" you offer us...come on man. ONLY illegal immigrants--and no other group--could be the cause of urban decay! Yes, you won me over. I'm now on your strange wavelength.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I don't think I'm from Earth....

When it comes to illegal aliens, it seems there are only two camps. There is the "let's deport them all tomorrow" camp and there is the "let's let anyone and everyone come on in" camp.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

The fact is illegal aliens do cost society money. While many of them are honest and hard working, some of them are not. Some of them do pay taxes (I have personally filed tax returns for illegal aliens), many do not.

On the flip side, illegal aliens do contribute to society. They provide cheap labor. Some pay income taxes, sales taxes, and other taxes. They also increase the tax base by making businesses and working more profitable. For example, if it were not for cheap farm labor many farms would not be as profitable and would thus not pay as much taxes. If it were not for cheap child care, many American woman would stay at home rather than go to work and earn an income and pay taxes.

The big question is not whether the benefits outweigh the risks. The big question should be how to make the benefits outweigh the risks.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Do we really need so much cheap labor right this minute, with millions of Americans out of work and the rest of the country paying them unemployment benefits?

And then the money paid to illegal Mexicans gets sent back by them to the homeland in big piles of money orders and Western Union remittances.

Does this seem to you to be of particular immediate benefit to Americans?

Do you think Americans have a right to pursue their own self-interest, or is the self-interest of illegal aliens on a different, higher moral plane than ours?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
No matter what side people are on over this illegal immigration issue, the bottom line is that it costs a great deal of money. This cannot be denied.

Instead of us Americans on every level bickering over this, wouldn't it be easier to send Mexico the tab, or at the very least tariff the hell out of their goods and tax the hell out of the remittance that illegals send back to Mexico to make up for the bill.

My point is that we are all fighting but we are not looking at the fact that the Mexican elite/politicians are getting away by having American taxpayers pay for what should be the Mexican social net.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

The problem is, even though about 10% of America is out of work many of those people would not be willing to do the jobs illegal aliens do for anywhere near the pay illegal aliens get. Unemployed MBA's are not going to want to clean toilets for minimum wage or even twice minimum wage. College graduates are not going to want to pick strawberries when they can just move back home and mooch off their parents.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join