It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department files lawsuit to block tough new Arizona law targeting illegal immigrants.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The legality of the Arizona law was vetted out long ago. They knew it would be challanged and there is no way the federal government is going to win. They are just pandering for votes for the coming November elections.

It will be great to see the Obama administration fall flat on their faces when they lose in court.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Naw. Let it go to trial and settle the federal government's limits and states' rights issues once and for all. It would be a helluva trial, you have to admit.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by Wayne60
Personally I think AZ should counter-sue the Federal government for breach of contract, and charge Obama with dereliction of duty.

Why Obama? Last time I looked, Mexico was right where it was in 2008 and the border hadn't moved. Where there no illegal aliens in 2008? 2007 when Bush pushed for amnesty? 1986 when Regan granted them amnesty? You know, I think there were.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by mythatsabigprobe]

Why obama?

Because even though no president has really addressed this before, obama is president NOW. This is happening on his watch. It's obama's issue to deal with because the people want it dealt with NOW.

U.S. to obama (and his supporters): grow a set and stop blaming Bush for everything.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
The legality of the Arizona law was vetted out long ago. They knew it would be challanged and there is no way the federal government is going to win. They are just pandering for votes for the coming November elections.

And to the mexican government. Wondering if obama also did any bowing to the mexican president when he was here. If so, must have edited out of the news. I ask, because it sure looks like obama is symbolically bowing to the mexicans now.

It will be great to see the Obama administration fall flat on their faces when they lose in court.

Yes it will ...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I know this is a stretch, but I really hope it truly goes down here. I hope this isn't some big scam like our government is known for.

I hope we see States Vs. the Fed. Let's make it happen. Make it a fair trial. Hopefully other states get in on this. I want the federal government to sue every state in the country. I know they probably want to get down to us "racist white southern hicks", too.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14
I know this is a stretch, but I really hope it truly goes down here. I hope this isn't some big scam like our government is known for.

I hope we see States Vs. the Fed. Let's make it happen. Make it a fair trial. Hopefully other states get in on this. I want the federal government to sue every state in the country. I know they probably want to get down to us "racist white southern hicks", too.

I think they are trying to gas you, white southern hicks with their delays on the oil leak so you can't be part of the fight!
The oil leak is a bigger issue, but he goes after AZ.
But what can we expect from a Prez that had his own illegal relative in country
and another that was banned travel threw UK.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
So have any of you ever served on a Grand Jury for 1 Year?
The United States Government cannot charge anyone with a Crime
Unless a Grand Jury hands down a True Bill.
So the Department Of Justice has not gone to a Grand Jury for a
True Bill stating that Arizona has Violated any Human Rights which is a Crime.
The Department Of Justice has filed a Civil Lawsuit in Arizona.
Civil must be interfering with commerce in some way to be able to sue in court without a
True Bill from a Grand Jury.
Again to violate someone’s Civil rights it must take a Grand Jury to give a
True Bill.
But today’s news says
Department Of Justice Sues Arizona
It must about Commerce because to charge the State would take a True Bill
From a Grand Jury
To go to Court because Arizona violated someone’s civil Rights!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So when I served on a Grand Jury
We handed down over 50 True Bills a day
against Illegal Aliens.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
And we handed down True Bills against Mayors and Corporations
and Fed Marshall's arrested them and took them off in handcuffs!
This is a civil Case because they would have already arrested them under true bills and Charged them with a Color of Law Charges Min.
If my Governor was Breaking someones Rights!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
This will likely seal the fate of this already failed presidency! The vast majority of voters agree with Arizona and the vast majority of voters opposed Obama care. Couple that with a failing economy, soaring deficits and an impending record tax increase and you have the recipe for disaster in November. I believe the people have had enough of this dithering.

I wonder. while repubs may win some seats in the house and cut into the majority of the dems in the Senate, I dont think they will win enough to repeal or undo all the current congress has instigated. At best the repubs will only be able to slow them down. The dems know that this current congress is their last chance to implement changes so vast and complex, that it will become impossible to get rid of them to any degree.

We have a health care bill that almost had to get passed on dubious procedural grounds, a takeover of private businesses by the fed, and now a thing called deem as passed on the non existent budget, and therefore a basic free pass to spend as they so desire and then when they get around to it just stick in the deem as passed budtget. Add to all this the gulf oil leak, and finally the act of our own fed. government taking a state to court because the state was forced to do the federal governments job and yet I still dont see the populace rising up in mass to protest these actions. Alas I do believe we have reached the point that the voting bloc of the parasites has at last exceeded that of the produces.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just because Mexico shares a common border with the US doesn't give its citizens one bit more justification for entry into the US than say someone from Yemen, or Ghana, or Cambodia.

Just because you are our neighbor, Mexico, doesn't ordain you with any special preference in our immigration law.

You want to be a citizen or work legally here? Go through the process everyone else on the planet does!

Go Arizona!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
As I have seen no response to a True Bill argument handed down from a Grand Jury.
I feel that most Americans are Ignorant to the Only Common Law left on our books!
I see that no one understands the difference between a Civil and a Criminal
Court hearing!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join