It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting The Amityville Horror Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
How many of you guys over the years seen the movie "The Amityville Horror?" One of the most famous paranormal cases in history. The movies are scary and the book is even more terrifying. When I was younger I couldn't get to sleep because I thought Jodi will get me while I was sleeping.

Hopefully I already seen all the horror this house can bring out. One of my friends said it was proven to be a hoaxed. Which I don't know any hoax by the original family that moved into the home. Please share your stories and views on this haunted house in New York.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I saw it when I was pregnant. Sent my other half out for craving munchies, and sat there with my 3 dogs and freaked out. Good movie. I made my dogs follow me around all night every time I got up. Didn't want to be alone for a minute. Even if it was a hoax, the movie was scary.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
From multiple sources, one being Lutz vs. Weber

In the September 17, 1979 issue of People magazine, Weber reasoned, "I know this book is a hoax. We created this horror story over many bottles of wine."

[edit on 2010/7/6 by TLomon]

[edit on 2010/7/6 by TLomon]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

If you think this was a 'scary' case, you should have a look at the Enfield poltergiest case its one of the more interesting out of the UK.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've driven by the place numerous times. It is an 'underwhelming' experience.

Hollywood's good for giving the impression that it is something it is not.

I really feel sorry for the folks who have lived there before this; they were constantly harassed by passers-by from other states hoping to speak with the people who live there.

The most recent occupants are taking a more commercial position, trying to sell the house at an inflated price, hoping to cash-in on the hype. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You might be interested to hear that a fairly recent poster claimed to be Christopher J Quaratino. Here's his intro thread (though he hasn't posted much since):

Growing up with Amityville

(Make of it what you will!)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Watched an interview of Ronald "Butch" Defeo jr. on tv a couple of days ago. He blamed his sister......didn't mention evil spirits at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
Watched an interview of Ronald "Butch" Defeo jr. on tv a couple of days ago. He blamed his sister......didn't mention evil spirits at all.

The Amityville Horror case is not a paranormal one at all...it's a hoax. And by 'hoax', I mean a proven hoax. I just read a topic about this here on ATS that pretty much explained it all. I'm surprised to see it pop up once again...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

Sorry I must of missed that thread. I'm shocked is was proved to be a hoax and on a big scale like this. What my friend said the original family had problems, the son was on drugs, then him and his sister killed the family. Later the new family moves in and they have problem paying the rent. So they faked the house was possessed by demons.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by -Thom-

Sorry I must of missed that thread. I'm shocked is was proved to be a hoax and on a big scale like this. What my friend said the original family had problems, the son was on drugs, then him and his sister killed the family. Later the new family moves in and they have problem paying the rent. So they faked the house was possessed by demons.

Exactly. However, I was just referring to the alledged haunting. The fact that his sister helped with the murders is new information to me. I might have missed that in the OP...I gonna check this out.

[edit] You already mentioned this is a hoax, I hit the reply button too fast, sorry for that. I appreciate the new info though

[edit on 6-7-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I grew up not too far from there.
I've been to the actual house.
It has a...disturbing...vibe to it.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
ok its been a while anyone talked about this and instead of starting a new thread, lets continue. The boy in the movie did a video after the last comment. He said his pop was into this paranormal and did these seances. The boy himself admitted the house was haunted. He said he seen and heard things. He said his stepfather was into all kinds of paranormal stuff and the occult. The thing is if this is 100% true, is it possible Defeo did encounter something that made him kill his family??? Of course after the 2nd owners move that the new tenants don't experience a thing doesn't mean much to me, cause its possible the spirt left with the previous family? We need this info.. lol... thanks for reading

Bud316

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bud316

It doesn't mean anything to me either that people living in the house afterward had no experiences. And it doesn't necessarily mean that the something in the house moved on with it's former inhabitants either. I had horrible experiences in the house in which I grew up, but when I left they stopped. But there have been no reports of anything happening in the house since, so where did the 'something' go? Maybe it was done, maybe I got rid of it? Didn't think so at the time. Could it be still waiting in silence for somebody to do something or get involved in a certain activity that might invite it again to interact with the living?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

I think negative forces can be "called" when someone is into heroin. I think the mental state open one up to negavite influences. My son was wrapped up into it a couple years. Back. During this time, our house was effected.
I once heard a loud bang above the header over my bathroom. The next day, my bedroom door knob rattled and vibrated, then stopped. My wife was awoken by our bed being "hit" or banged so hard, she woke up. She's an extreme skeptic. One day, while pulling into my drive, I looked through the front door Windows and saw a figure lean over from behind the wall, look at me, then pull back quickly. I thought someone was in the house. I parked, went in quickly, looked a round, no one.
During this time, he was pulled from his bed, slapped and constantly heard scratching in his closet. I once put my iPhone on record, left the room for 10 minutes and went back to get it. On it, was a few knocks (no big deal) but what I found strange, was the ticking. It sounded like a mans wristwatch, ticking. The sound volume would,change too. Like someone was walking around. I know enough that taking sound bites of a potential entity, is not a good idea, so I stopped (ouiji boards, etc.).
Anyway, once he quit and cleaned up, no more activity.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: wrkn4livn

Yeah, thanks for replying to me here. I agree with you. I know that during the time I had the most intense things happening to me I was involved in stuff that I shouldn't have been. Never got into the big H, but tried it. Didn't like it. Did a lot of psychedelics myself. Had really bad experience and then the hauntings began. The thing was, I was always straight when these things happened. I agree with you about not doing anything that might tend to ramp it up.

new topics

top topics

join