It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member of the EU parliament calls for UFO and ET disclosure! AP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It doesn't get any more mainstream than the associated press. I'm not holding my breath or getting excited but this story broke about an hour ago and I had to post it here.

hosted.ap.org...

I'm hoping that link works, if it doesn't I will repair it a bit later as I am on mobile at the moment.
Well, here's to hoping.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I can't get the link to work , but it could be the piece of snip I'm using. Is it Mario Borghezio the Italian? Here's a link to the guy; he's been saying this recently it seems. unhypnotize.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Borghezio also said it is essential to have a scientific center to research unidentified flying objects. Its investigations could have "major scientific and technological spinoffs," he said.

"I think that, under the principle of transparency, the EU member states have a duty to make public and available to all scientific data on UFOs which today are partially or wholly withheld," he wrote in the e-mail.

He is seeking the support of other lawmakers from the 736-member assembly for a statement calling on governments to act.

So far, though, he's collected only 18 signatures.

I wonder why less than 3 percent of the members agreed with his position? Do they debate these things in public? (Not being in the EU I wouldn't know.)

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think that it's about time that these things started to come to light. Unfortunately I think we're probably a long way away from all of these files from becoming public knowledge.

I do find it interesting that these types of stories are popping up more often lately, but most of the time they either get buried or don't end up amounting to anything.

So I'm certainly not going to hold my breath

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

He is seeking the support of other lawmakers from the 736-member assembly for a statement calling on governments to act.

So far, though, he's collected only 18 signatures.

That pretty much says it all... It's hopeless.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

I hope more join in demanding full disclosure.

new topics

top topics

join