It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs video taped in Reading - now turns out to be hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

A reputable online UK Newspaper today put a video clip of UFOs filmed flying over Reading. This has since turned out to be a hoax. A couple of visiting American's were fooling around after having partaken of some alcoholic beverages as a result of needing to cool down in the sweltering heat of the day.

Text

For a bit of fun they threw a few Coors Light Cans (also know as The Silver Bullet in the US and Canada) up into the air and began filming them.

When they looked at their tape afterwards, still a little tipsy from their sampling of aforementioned Silver Bullets, they decided to send a copy of their tape to the UK online newspaper, telling editors that they were UFO's, which indeed is NO WORD OF A LIE because they are most definitely Unidentified Flying

Source

Source with original article below.
Telegraph Newspaper
Youtube video below

Well I am sure that this video is onsite have searched with various tags eg..
'UFOs' spotted in Reading, UFOs filmed over Reading, Berkshire. England ,UFO in Reading, UK on July 5 2010 but can not find it now but in all seems this was all a joke.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
For a bit of fun they threw a few Coors Light Cans (also know as The Silver Bullet in the US and Canada) up into the air and began filming them.

They didn't did they, they went through quite an in depth video editing process after? It wasn't quite the simple *on the spot* drunken hoax they are making it out to be was it?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Right now that is the only bit of info I can find stating that it was a Hoax and have sent the Telegraph a email asking for confirmation.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well nothing back and TBH i am unsure as to if the thread is true or not since I can't find anymore info to back it up.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

They didn't did they, they went through quite an in depth video editing process after? It wasn't quite the simple *on the spot* drunken hoax they are making it out to be was it?
I was thinking they must have done something like that. Otherwise gravity may have had something to say to them about breaking its laws.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hmm that object looks pretty high up there, they want us to believe drunks had the co-ordination and super human strength to throw some cans a thousand feet into the air. Secondly how come the cans have long trails??!? I know the cell phone frame rate sucks but its not gonna turn a cylindrical shape into a long trail, or the whole video would be full of trails from other objects. It may be fake, but it aint a beer can flying threw the air at high altitude (Meaning, higher than a person can toss a can)

Bullcrap

[edit on 7-7-2010 by ATSZOMBIE]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

As I said above you i agree since i can't find anymore info to back the sources claims or have I heard back from the newspaper.
Mod may want to close this.

new topics

top topics

join