It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netintelligence Has blocked ATS!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GlasgowUser

Thanks for explaining that GlasgowUser, it's a bit more stringent then you said though.

Forgetting for a moment about Netintelligence, there is already a password system as default and parent/child settings on the computer, she has the default password from the suppliers and logs in as the adult, so I'm not talking about the child settings.

Netintelligence does NOT I repeat NOT block Facebook by the way, however by default on the computers the child settings does block it, I have confirmed this on two home access computers and with Netintellegence on you can access Facebook, YouTube etc. but you cannot access ATS.

I don't mean to call you a liar but your information you provided is incorrect.

She's removed it now, not sure about the other person, but she had to create an account to get the password and then we just uninstalled it via add/remove.

And just for info, before the uninstall I removed the NI start up entry, this had NO affect and NI was still running after a shut down and restart with the start up entry removed and still blocking ATS.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

PLEASE close those $h!tty little windows and open some doors. www.ubuntu.com...

really...
you guys are supposed to be unlike the masses...
you should know better.

Im disappointed in a whole lot of you. lol

Oh please
The only thing ubuntu is good for is that it is probably the best form of birth controll around. Linux fan boys are worse than the mac crowd, but the are pretty much the same. They go on at length about how much better linux is that windows but at the end of the day Mac and linux people both will jump thorugh hoops and do all types of dumb stuff to get their computer to run windows applications.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Exactly. I just dropped Windows and Mac OS altogether and switched to Linux, personalized my security, and use the terminal for most things. The OS is so much better and more secure. Screw these corporations pre-installed crap.!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

ATS does have a drug board now so it is not like it is child friendly.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by zaiger]

Drugs are child-friendly.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by Ahmose

PLEASE close those $h!tty little windows and open some doors. www.ubuntu.com...

really...
you guys are supposed to be unlike the masses...
you should know better.

Im disappointed in a whole lot of you. lol

Oh please
The only thing ubuntu is good for is that it is probably the best form of birth controll around. Linux fan boys are worse than the mac crowd, but the are pretty much the same. They go on at length about how much better linux is that windows but at the end of the day Mac and linux people both will jump thorugh hoops and do all types of dumb stuff to get their computer to run windows applications.

Not when the same applications are free for Linux.

If you have to "jump through hoops" I'd say switch back to Windows.

And "Oh please" Windows fanboys are always mocking Linux and Apple users.

Although Apple does suck.

Its easy to sling the word "fanboy" around.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is just the beginning.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Well, in our society, for ages now, truth has always been considered "adult content". There are lots of folks who would be pretty upset if you told them there was no santa claus? In my opinion, it`s one of the reasons we have so many problems. If we told no lies, we could have people ready to be president at age 20. By the time we were 60 we would all be wise sages. But we never really start learning the truth until 10 or more years have passed, then it takes another 10 or more years to unlearn all the crap and replace it with some semblance of knowledge, and THEN we can truly begin to expand on what we know... when we are 25 or 30. When we shoulda been already at that point by the time we were 10 or 15. People say "I want my kids to be able to enjoy being a kid." What does that mean? I know that Superman isn`t real, but I still greatly enjoyed reading comics as a kid and even now I enjoy them in addition to the more adult oriented "graphic novels" they have. I know that Captain Ahab is fictional, Raul Endymion, Jason Bourne, Romeo Montague, and I enjoy reading and watching them all. Sorry, just somethin to think about.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Can't say I see the big deal.

Home Access Grant program, seems to be a UK based program to provide internet access to those that can't afford it.

I think if someone else is paying your internet they should be allowed to have a say in the type of sites that are accessed.

If that bothers people, I'd suggest getting your own internet service.

Seems to be like asking for a ride, then being dumbfounded when the guy won't let you belt out show tunes the whole way.

Subsidies and evening society for social justice IS the only right thing anything else is evil and ugly and its over this crapola of money, banks and inequality, slavery is over!!!!!

There is no control, no limiting sites. ALL INTERNET SHOULD BE FREE OFF THE SATELITES AND THERE IS NO THING AS OWNERSHIP ITS A SLAVERY THING!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Employers can add custom proxy filters to block websites they deem unimportant to business or detrimental to employee productivity.

This does not necessarily mean the software company blocked ATS as part of it's standard filters. Maybe some IT admin was lazy and just used one of the preexisting labels of Adult.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Well it is easy to toss the term fanboy around we do not really have people popping up randomly throwing out the linux solution like it is good for anything besides trying to rip off everything they see.
like games,
help.ubuntu.com...
Some highlights
Wormux - A knock off of worms
Secret Maryo Chronicles - Super mario brothers knock off
Pingus - Lemmings
Beneath a Steel Sky - Not a knock off but just the fact that someone is advertising the fact that their operating system can support a windows game that that is 16 years old speaks volumes.

It is cool though im sure in 20 years ubuntu will be able to do everything windows can do for free.

See also:
Linux logic fail .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join