It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can BTS help me make the best Info Flyer EVER?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I want to make a really great flyer/brochure with tons of facts on it, but I'm having a hard time gathering the amount of information I want to have on it. So what I'm asking from everybody here at ATS/BTS is to help me with a collection of little known facts. I want to do them in a bulletin style so it won't be too lengthy of a read for people's short attention spans. Any facts that you guys feel should definitely be on there, tell me, I'd love to hear all of them. Please give a link with your source to back up your fact, this will save me lots of time plus then I know you're not just making stuff up. I want to try an touch on a little bit of everything so it won't be centralized on any specific topic such as BP or anything, but like I said, post any an everything. I will follow the thread closely and keep talking to you guys to get your collective opinions of what you think would make it great.

Okay so here's an idea about how I want to lay it out.
I'm gona use the US corporation flag for the front. It's a good attention grabber and I feel it suits the general direction I want the flyer to enlighten people about.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/974cc771e0d7.png[/atsimg]
Also I want to do it as a horizontal flyer other than the typical vertical one. The flag will look better that way as well as when it will unfold it will almost look like a scroll, grabbing more attention. On the inside I want to have tons of facts that most people don't know that can lead to waking them up an seeing the big picture that most of us here at ATS know so much about. The back will have a bunch of links I think they should check out and encourage them to investigate more on their own. Also any great pictures you guys feel I must have on there feel free to post. I guess that's it for now. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask. Once all done I will post the final result, see if you guys like it, and make some changes to it if you guys feel it is necessary. I will encourage anybody who wants to use the final result to hand out to people to do so as well. So this isn't just a project for me, it's for all of us. So what do you guys say? Want to help me make the most epic "wake up" flyer of all time?

[edit on 7/6/2010 by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh great...
Another person handing out "informational" flyers at concerts and other social gatherings. Here is my only advice, bring a trashbag so you can pick them all up off the ground when you are done handing them out.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

no need to be rude. if you have nothing to contribute or don't agree with what I want to do that's fine. but don't preach to me like this is a fools errand, at least I'm trying to make a difference, what are you doing?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory
reply to post by zaiger

no need to be rude. if you have nothing to contribute or don't agree with what I want to do that's fine. but don't preach to me like this is a fools errand, at least I'm trying to make a difference, what are you doing?

Here are some quick facts for your flyer.

*90% of all wake up flyers find themselves in the trash or on the ground within 3 min of being handed off.
*The earth revolves around the sun
* Magnets are made from metals that are so old they still have gravity in them from the big bang.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

depends how you hand them out. if you just hand them out without engaging a conversation, then yeah, of course it'll just get thrown out. but when you stop and talk to the people that will listen it can cause a ripple effect and then they talk to someone about it later, so on an so forth. of course the majority of people don't listen, but no one will listen if you never talk. I've woken up plenty of people with out even ever handing them anything, the flyer is just a better visual presentation and can intrigue them to want to know more other than just listening to the ramblings of some stranger on the street. facts speak louder than voices. people pay attention when you back up what you're saying. so like i said, if you're not interested in helping me, that's fine, be on your way. no need to try an put me down as if you have the answer to it all and i should just stop what i'm doing because you don't think it works. thanks for the laugh though

[edit on 7/6/2010 by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory]

new topics

top topics

join