It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails. What Else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Just took these 2 pics today. Was wondering what all the white stuff is, they are definitely not clouds. So, they have to be Contrails, from airplanes. Though i am a bit confused. I see these airplanes, leaving this big trails, trails that last. Turning the sky from blue to white. And then, i see another airplane, releasing no trail whatsoever, flying at what i thought was almost the same altitude. Are these trails the result of the engine types, or fuel type? What causes airplanes to waste a good looking blue sky, into this white tinted haze? All the threads on ATS just make me confused more and more. Could someone please explain this in a way that it would make absolute sense, and is perfectly logic. Thanks ATS!

Thanks ATS! Enlighten me with your knowledge.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Contrails are formed when water vapor contained in the engine exhaust freezes into ice crystals. Contrails are clouds.

The most important factor determining whether or not contrails will form is air temperature. It must be very cold, in the neighborhood of -40º or less. Note that temperatures at the surface have nothing to do with the temperatures at 30,000 feet above the surface. It is not uncommon for it to be hot on the ground and very cold at the altitudes at which jets fly.

The humidity of the air is also important. The higher the relative humidity, the more conducive to contrail formation.

If it is cold enough, contrails can last for hours (there is no reason for them to "dry" up. If it is humid (and cold) enough, the ice crystals formed by the engine exhaust will trigger the formation of more ice crystals in the ambient air, causing the contrail to spread. This is the same process by which natural cirrus clouds form and spread.

The temperature and humidity of the air can vary quite a lot with small changes in altitude. From the ground it is not really possible to visually determine that aircraft more than 5 miles overhead are flying at the same alitude.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

I think that the chemtrails are polymer binders that are designed to bring some contaminants to ground.

This is an attempt to keep people from breathing some poison stuff. Could include lead, (from "clean coal"), aluminum particles and DU. With all the bio units nationwide accidental releases are possible.

This crap will eventually get into the water supply, especially surface water lakes and streams.

That's what I think.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi
Was wondering what all the white stuff is, they are definitely not clouds. So, they have to be Contrails, from airplanes.

You are correct. They are contrails. And they are also clouds at the same time. Clouds are water vapor/ice crystals that hang in the air at certain altitudes. Contrails are water vapor exiting jet engines at those certain altitudes and thus also hang in the air.

Just as your car creates contrails from the water vapor in the winter time. But the contrails from our cars evaporates down here. If you could drive your car that many miles up in the atmosphere, your car would also leave contrails across the sky that would hang there.

A plane has to be a certain altitude to create contrails. Just because you see another plane that "appears" to be at the same altitude but not creating contrails, doesn't mean it is the same altitude. It could be a smaller plane at a lower altitude and it could "appear" to be the same size plane at the same altitude.

Either way, there is no such thing as "chemtrails". I think it's just a propaganda, fear-mongering tactic with no hard evidence that I've seen.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Oh course chemtrails is just a conspiracy, by people who make every effort to hold onto junk science and conspiracies, and each chemtrail believer will have their own individual variety of their belief, there is no single chemtrail conspiracy.

Its more of a catch-all belief, by people who refuse to learn about meteorology, aviation and aircraft. You will not find ANY chemtrail believer who is an expert when it comes to aviation and meteorology, but when you find a chemtrail believer, its funny how they will often believe in other conspiracies too, like 9/11 trooferism, Moon landing is a hoax, FEMA camps with white UN railroad cars, etc.

And without fail, every time they trot out a photo of an aircraft as a smoking gun for chemtrails, its never what they claim it is. They then claim everyone else is paid government agent...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Contrails are formed when water vapor contained in the engine exhaust freezes into ice crystals. Contrails are clouds.

The most important factor determining whether or not contrails will form is air temperature. It must be very cold, in the neighborhood of -40º or less. Note that temperatures at the surface have nothing to do with the temperatures at 30,000 feet above the surface. It is not uncommon for it to be hot on the ground and very cold at the altitudes at which jets fly.

The humidity of the air is also important. The higher the relative humidity, the more conducive to contrail formation.

If it is cold enough, contrails can last for hours (there is no reason for them to "dry" up. If it is humid (and cold) enough, the ice crystals formed by the engine exhaust will trigger the formation of more ice crystals in the ambient air, causing the contrail to spread. This is the same process by which natural cirrus clouds form and spread.

The temperature and humidity of the air can vary quite a lot with small changes in altitude. From the ground it is not really possible to visually determine that aircraft more than 5 miles overhead are flying at the same alitude.

Keep it all on the low key, don't let anyone get an idea into his or her head that there could be something else up. Good Job, I bet the government/corporation pays you well.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Its like clockwork.... Right after I predicted this "They then claim everyone else is paid government agent... "

Then comes this on the thread in previous message

Good Job, I bet the government/corporation pays you well.

That did not take long at all, and thats been their fall back retort to then claim anyone who does not agree, is a government agent.

I recall in a previous thread, moderators chimed in and told the chemtrail promoters, that they had to quit with the government agent accusations.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
I recall in a previous thread, moderators chimed in and told the chemtrail promoters, that they had to quit with the government agent accusations.

It's not just "chemtrail" promoters. That is a personal attack and it's not allowed anywhere on ATS.

On the other hand, "chemtrail" promoters don't have any evidence, so they're left with nothing but to attack others. Gotta look at it that way also.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Chemtrails, usually when they spray them, most people have breathing problems or get sick after the spraying.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
They are releasing all these extra water vapor in the sky to screw with the weather.

Because of climate gate people don't believe all that man made stuff anymore.
Water vapor is like the biggest green house gas on earth so. No wonder it gets hotter and hotter.

Well...
It could be

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Hi BoneZ, thanks for your reply!

There is indeed evidence of alleged spraying, evidence from the UK.

APRIL 2002 - Guardian Newspaper

The MoD has admitted that much of the UK was sprayed with dangerous bacteria in secret biological trials. Among others, these bacteria include:

E. COLI
BACILLUS GLOBGGI - which mimics ANTHRAZ
ZINC CADMIUM SULPHIDE - A well known cause of LUNG CANCER

The UK government has admitted to be spraying the British public with deadly toxins.

Furthermore, the airplanes creating these trails, are in my experience not commercial airplanes. www.radarvirtuel.com This website displays all current commercial flights airborne. What you need to do, is look for planes creating these trails, and check if they appear on the map at that location. You will notice, that not any one of these crafts are commercial. If not commercial, then either private or military. How many commercial/private airplanes do you see dispersing trails in formation with each other? On few occasions you can spot 3 airplanes flying the same route next to each other, creating these trails. Wile the UK has admitted spraying, from this aircraft behavior i get suspicious to say the least.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My apologies, I must have misunderstood.
I thought you were looking for an explanation of the formation, spreading, and persistence of contrails. It seems you were actually claiming that your pictures cannot be contrails but must be "chemtrails".

I'll be leaving now. There is no such thing as "chemtrails".

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I did not claim anything. A poster said there was no hard evidence of chemtrails, and i replied.

Saying there is no such things as ''chemtrails'', please counter the evidence i presented. I am very interested in you debunking governments admitting the existence of these trails, including the governments of England and Germany, and independent scientists.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hi Cyberjedi,

Have read /researched both sides of this con/chemtrail argument for the past several years... Still unsure about it, but I believe it is very possible these chemtrail claims are true.

I understand the other side... for the contrails.... that normal contrails ALSO will linger for hours upon hours according to the meteorologist, etc. and it FITS!

BUT, if a countries own citizens have been experimented upon admittedly..then there ya go. It IS possible.

Awaiting further reading. Nice con-chem photos OP!
Until then... How about a game of tic-tac-toe?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The chemtrails claims are true, i read a thread on that recently, government admit that they spray aliminium-oxide (among other stuff) to fight the global warming ( aluminium reflect solar rays )

(im sorry i can't find the thread there so many about chemtrails.)

MY PERSONNAL proof that chemtrails are real : im 36 yo, i recall the 80' and 90' and i never see the sky like today NEVER, i remember only normal contrails. They change the gas they put in planes you said ? maybe.

You can see the difference by yourself just by observing the planes.

the normal contrail last about 5-12 minutes and vanish

the chemtrails last for hours and spread in width, if there sun you can see a rainbow reflecting in the chemical cloud.

some days i can't see a single chemtrail but i still see contrails, sky is clear blue and im near 3 major airports so there alot of traffic everyday.

the configuration of the trails, look the tic-tac-toe pattern in one of your pics ther is no way it is a normal fly path , the plane CIRCLE around airport waiting to land and because of winds, runaways are oriented in the same direction.

i can be wrong but in my mind chemtrails are VERY REAL, they poison us with no remorses.

[edit on 11/7/2010 by B3lz3buth]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
look up declassified nuclear on you tube you will notice out of the 70 or so declassified videos around #15 they start flying drones into the nuke blast and remind ya this is 40's,50's, tech ....... they talk briefly about cloud seeding and you can see them to start spaying from the plane as well but it is one of the 7 unexpected results they talk about it is not conspiracy to think they are doing this THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING. and also they harness energy from the blast they put gold ,iron and other elements in the blast zone and they hold the energy i am not sure what it all means or what it is for but you will only know what they want you to know ,there are things so secret you will never hear of them....you will never find out anything truly online but there is enough to put pieces together for those wanting to "go in the rabbit hole " as they say ... i have family that has eyes only clearance he works at area 51 guarding a hanger and no matter how hard he tries he could see only limited things but he knew vip's from around the world came to this location to see something of profound interest i will not say names outa respect for my fam and he will never talk about this outside his trusted circle but i got to hear some cool stuff one theory about the contrails is things from space have a tendency to bounce off back into space if there is a "cloud" and we have a better chance of being hit by something from space than most think

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thesoundofbass

Watched #15, Wanted to say thanks for the info. Very interesting ...
This testing, although different , brought my uncle to mind who was in the USAF. He was sent to Colorado Springs to work on some project along with some other guy from his town. They both died with radiation poisoning from whatEVER top secret project that they were working on. My aunt could have had a lawsuit but chose not to do so. The other fam did file a lawsuit and was paid off. This was back in the 60's. I'd love to know the details of this. Sorry off topic there but couldn't help it...
Interesting info from your friend too...Wish we could know what's in there and everything be on the up and up!

Hey contrailers, can you tell me that this poisoned glass of water is JUST water? It CAN be JUST water- sure. Yep it is definitely water.. but how can you argue that there is no poison? SOME things are not all they appear, unfortunately.

...Surely you get my drift. Well, hopefullly you did. Imo, we will NEVER know for sure unless they DO disclose that they have done this for many many years.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by SeekerLou]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

the normal contrail last about 5-12 minutes and vanish

Says who? You?? What is your expertise to announce this finding. I disagree, why does moisture or cirrus only have a lifespan of minutes?

he chemtrails last for hours and spread in width, if there sun you can see a rainbow reflecting in the chemical cloud.

Wow, i learned something new. Apparently, you can only have a rainbow if there is some kind of chemtrail going on. Although I swear the first mentions of rainbows predate aviation...

You may have something in common with Crazy Rainbow Lady

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Watched #15, Wanted to say thanks for the info. Very interesting ...
This testing, although different , brought my uncle to mind who was in the USAF. He was sent to Colorado Springs to work on some project along with some other guy from his town. They both died with radiation poisoning from whatEVER top secret project that they were working on. My aunt could have had a lawsuit but chose not to do so. The other fam did file a lawsuit and was paid off. This was back in the 60's. I'd love to know the details of this. Sorry off topic there but couldn't help it...
Interesting info from your friend too...Wish we could know what's in there and everything be on the up and up!

Hey contrailers, can you tell me that this poisoned glass of water is JUST water? It CAN be JUST water- sure. Yep it is definitely water.. but how can you argue that there is no poison? SOME things are not all they appear, unfortunately.

...Surely you get my drift. Well, hopefullly you did. Imo, we will NEVER know for sure unless they DO disclose that they have done this for many many years.

Well, claims have to be proven. If you think a glass of water has poison, then it is you that have the responsibility to prove that. You can not just tell others to disprove the poison claim.

Favorite tactics of chemtrail believers has been to then tell others to prove there is no poison in those contrails, even though they have never actually proved their poison aircraft conspiracy claims.

Or, they just then to the 8 year old playground "I know you are but what I am" equivalent for conspiracy types and accuse everyone else who disagrees of just being a government agent.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Originally posted by SeekerLou

hey contrailers, can you tell me that this poisoned glass of water is JUST water? It CAN be JUST water- sure. Yep it is definitely water.. but how can you argue that there is no poison? SOME things are not all they appear, unfortunately.

Well, claims have to be proven. If you think a glass of water has poison, then it is you that have the responsibility to prove that. You can not just tell others to disprove the poison claim.

Favorite tactics of chemtrail believers has been to then tell others to prove there is no poison in those contrails, even though they have never actually proved their poison aircraft conspiracy claims.

Or, they just then to the 8 year old playground "I know you are but what I am" equivalent for conspiracy types and accuse everyone else who disagrees of just being a government agent.

I was using the poison water example poorly, I suppose...sorry about that. I was meaning it like I had just poisoned it myself... that I had actually poisoned the water *example, but some would just think it is still ONLY water. No one else would know but me 'the poisoner': Everyone else would not be privy to this info.

Agreed claims do have to be proven: I'm not claiming chemtrails as fact.. I'm only stating it IS possible. This is only my opinion and things are very suspect. I can prove nothing.

The water, for example... as I said, let's just say I poisoned it. It IS there...but you would have no reason to think there was anything in it.

... again, I agree that if a claim is made as fact, there should be proof. The burden of proof does lie on the accuser....
....then again... I've seen the innocent get wrongly convicted......

Sigh...This world is so messed up..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join