It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's NASA Chief : America Can't Leave Lower Earth Orbit Alone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I found this amazing, is this the first step towards announcing that the moon landings were fake.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The moon is still part of Earth's orbit. I think he means Mars or even further.

line

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's not part of earth's LOWER orbit, tho, which is what I think this post is referring to.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

>SIGH<

Again....you just don't seem to understand the context!!!

I responded to you, when you posted this SAME video and question, in another thread...and that was just a few minutes ago...So, WHY start a new thread about a NON-ISSUE??

Here, to repeat from earlier:

Originally posted by weedwhacker

This is the latest imbroglio of embarassing moments for the Obama administration. The context of that is the story of NASA's new "focus" (??? I don't get it either...) of some sort of "Muslim" involvement. It's a mixed message, and I think the NASA administrator is soon to be on his way out....

Anyway, all he is referring to is the need for committing the MONEY and resources to projects that involve long-duration manned space missions.

Seems that he's recognizing the realities of the modern era, and the political climate --- absent some sort of incredible urge (such as Kennedy's challenge, post humously as in the 1960s...) the 'taste' for the public, and their willingness to sit idly by and allow the sorts of incredibly expensive projects be supported by one nation alone is just not likely. AND, as the public goes, so go the politicians....THEY won't jeopardize their re-election potentials by climbing aboard on unpopular endeavours.

There is a great deal more technological expertise in other nations, besides the US, than there was in the 1960s era. I remember, in that decade, the phrase "Made In Japan" meant that something was cheap, or shoddily built --- unreliable. Now, that opinion applies more to the "Made In China" labels, but for different reasons today...it's the mass-producing of crap that China has become rich, by producing. They have some fairly good technological skills, too.

It is a simple fact that just about EVERYTHING you use today is built by components from a multi-national contribution. Look at how many parts and sections for a Boeing airliner come from abroad, for instance.

Future manned space missions will require enormous sums of capitol, and NO one nation is going to make that financial risk, not in today's current climate.

THAT 38 seconds, above, is an excerpt from an interview with Al Jazeera....there is already a thread about it on ATS, with more detail and context: www.abovetopsecret.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That little snippet, 38 seconds, was edited to PURPOSEFULLY mislead, and destroy the meaning, and context, of what was said.

He said:

"...expanding international involvement..." in regards to future space exploration endeavors.

(I take that to imply "share the financial risks"...)

Further:

"We're not gonna go anywhere beyond low earth orbit as a single entity---"

Getting it yet? See what he's actually saying?

But, here's where the YouTube poster goes south, by editing and misleading:

He continues: "The U.S. can't do it, China can't doit, no single n---" ....AND that is where the edit stops, in that clip. (I think his next word was "nation"...)

Looks as if he was emphasizing that in today's world it will require international cooperation.

So, will the Apollo 'hoax' enthusiasts FINALLY stop their madness??? This is getting insanely silly, and a little pathetic.

[edit on 6 July 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
For the full context of the video, watch this.

It's merely a case of a statement taken completely out of context. What, you think disclosure is gonna come from THAT guy?

edit to add, the 30 second snippet is taken from around 9-45 to 10-15 in the video.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wow. Moon Hoax believers will latch on to anything to try to prove their point.

I thought this message was obviously about the fact that in today's global socio-economic and political climate, missions beyond Earth's orbit are too expensive for one nation to undertake alone. It had nothing to do with the "technological ability" to go to the Moon.

Bolden is just pointing out that it would be better to band together for manned missions to the Moon, Mars, and beyond, rather than all nations competing to do the same thing and waste money duplicating this exploration.

Why would it be necessary for both China and the U.S. to go to the Moon separately? Why would it be necessary for the U.S. and Russia to create two separate and duplicitous manned Mars programs? THAT'S his message here.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Why is it necessary to spend more money on the public space program when the black ops space program is WAY more advanced. No need for redundancy. They just need to quit hiding what they/we are really doing.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wow I was just about to flag this thread until I realized what the context was.

This proves that Obama is a retard. He does not want us to do anything interesting, and we will not as long as he is in office. The whole space thing is on hold for as long as Obama is in the white house. At this point how can anyone deny that Obama is a fool?

But having said all that, how can you guys jump to the conclusion that this proves apollo to be a fake? I don't even get the connection. All this proves is that Obama is an ignorant, weak, fool.... And I don't like him even one little bit.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Why would it be necessary for both China and the U.S. to go to the Moon separately? Why would it be necessary for the U.S. and Russia to create two separate and duplicitous manned Mars programs?

Er, I assume you meant "duplicate manned Mars programs?"

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Why is it necessary to spend more money on the public space program when the black ops space program is WAY more advanced. No need for redundancy. They just need to quit hiding what they/we are really doing.

Absolutely correct!
Star.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
Why would it be necessary for both China and the U.S. to go to the Moon separately? Why would it be necessary for the U.S. and Russia to create two separate and duplicitous manned Mars programs?

Er, I assume you meant "duplicate manned Mars programs?"

Ha ha! Freudian slip, I suppose!

I remember that when I wrote that post, the auto-spell check had my original word highlighted (although I don't remember how I originally misspelled "duplicate", but perhaps it was "duplicite"). I suppose I clicked on the wrong choice for the correct spelling.

That kind of changes the meaning of my post...I wish I could go back and edit that. It makes me sound like a NASA hoax believer.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The thing is, he really seemed believable when he said no single entity could escape low earth orbit. He was very passionate, something you rarely see.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Pot calling the kettle black it seems?

LOL

top topics

join