It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Railgun recoil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Is the Railgun especially those with firepower at least sufficient enough to perforates armored targets and blasts through multiple targets can knocks it's wielder by it's recoil? (this is a explanation behind Railgun-toting GDI commando in C&C3: Tiberium wars gets weaker version of this weapon while GDI's Commando in Tiberian Sun gets more powerful Railgun)

[edit on 6/7/2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Try asking your question again...in english.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Try asking your question again...in english.

Is the Railgun, especially those with firepower at least sufficient enough to perforates armored targets and blasts through multiple targets can knocks it's wielder by it's recoil?

[edit on 6/7/2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Is the Railgun, especially those with firepower at least sufficient enough to perforates armored targets and blasts through multiple targets can knocks it's wielder by it's recoil?

Some punctuation would help...

but anyways, i think i know what your saying.

Is the Railgun sufficient enough to perforate armored targets and blast through multiple targets? and can knock it's wielder back by it's recoil?

I'm no expert, but I thought rail guns used electromagnetic pulses to propel a projectile out of the barrel? I dont think there would be much recoil on a magnetic weapon, but i could be wrong.

Anyways, the only rail guns I know of currently being designed for the military are the large navy cannons:

Rail Gun

So i doubt we'll be seeing soldiers flying back when they fire anytime soon.

Anyways, I hope that helped.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Falken]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

The railgun i had did not give much of a kick.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
woops, i just realized this was in the gaming section.. didnt realize it was about a videogame.

Ignore my last post please =]

new topics

top topics

join